Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 5:07:02 PM EST
I can't believe how ignorant people are. First the MCDonalds hot coffee shit, the cigarette smokers suing the tabacoo companies because they didn't know cigs caused canser, and now bushmaster is being gunned for. Check out the link.

http://www.centralmaine.com/news/stories/030117bushmast.shtml

Art
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:42:42 PM EST
"That really fucks me off!"

When your pissed beyond recognition --- THAT'S how you say it!

I read the Bushmaster site explaining what happened.
THEY paid the the $$$ through the insurance company because the WANTED to.
They've got a heart...unlike the people who tried to bring them down.
Kudos to Bushmaster.

Brian Borgelt of BullsEye knew fighting in court would be a losing battle, so they paid off as well.

Still, SHARKS in court are enough to, well, you know.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:49:35 PM EST
Art, did you take a look at the date on that article?

Friday, January 17, 2003

Pretty old news.

For the latest on the story:

September 8th, 2004 5:54PM est

Windham, Maine -- Bushmaster Firearms is pleased to announce a conclusion to the DC sniper case brought by the victim’s families and the Brady organization. The balance of the insurance policy not spent on legal fees, approximately $550,000, will go to the victim’s families for their grief.

Bushmaster reaffirms its commitment to BATF requirements and National Shooting Sports Foundation’s (NSSF) goals.

Bushmaster supports that FFL Dealers and Distributors who sell its products follow the recommendations of the BATF newsletters and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) publication “Don’t Lie for the Other Guy” program and their other safety literature.

Bushmaster supports the standards set forth by the BATF in their requirements to be a licensed FFL holder.

Richard E. Dyke
Chairman
Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.
Windham, Maine

Bushmaster Responds to Brady Groups False Claim of Victory
Thursday September 9, 2004 9:24AM est

Windham, Maine -- The Washington DC Brady Group would have you believe they won some kind of victory! The Brady Group brought this lawsuit not for the victims, but for their anti-gun agenda. The Brady Group asked for the settlement conference after reviewing all the evidence they knew they could not be successful in court and they wanted to stop paying lawyer fees.

The Brady Group sent a second tier lawyer to the settlement conference with nine demands on Bushmaster regarding business practices and Bushmaster denied them all. We then gave the Brady Group our statement that we support the BATF licensing requirements to be a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) holder and our support for the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) safety programs, and they accepted our statement. We did not agree and would not agree to change the way we do business or make any additional demands of our customers. We were emphatic that Bushmaster did not commit any wrong doings.

The attorney for our insurance company was at the settlement conference and informed us that about half of our policy limits had been spent on trial lawyers. It was the insurance company’s position that all of the limit would be spent on this case, and therefore turned the funds over to Bushmaster to use as we saw fit removing the insurance company from the case. Our choice was to continue spending it on trial lawyers or turn it over directly to the victims’ families with no funds going to the Brady Group for their legal fees.

We felt the compassionate thing to do was give it to the victims’ families, not because we had to but because we wanted to. The Washington DC Brady Group should learn what compassion is really all about!

Bushmaster strongly believes and vigorously supports the rights of citizens to own and use firearms, and the settlement of this case in no way compromises that stand. The Brady Group’s attempt at claiming a victory over firearms manufacturers is a hollow one with no substance. Their attempt to eliminate gun rights of citizens has failed legislatively and will continue to fail with these frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:27:01 PM EST
yes I seen the date, it still doesn't matter though. Im still pissed.

I just heard about this today. I don't live in a closet, but starting to wonder. Anyway I'm glad BM done the right thing, but im still upset how common sense seems to be a rare commodity nowadys.

I can't believe that this crap is allowed to go on. I hope someday I get called for jury on this type of case. I'll be the angry juror.

Thanks for the vent time.

Art
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:14:23 PM EST
Its pretty standard in the F'd up society we have these days getting sued for nothing. This is definately BS. I find it hard to beleive that anyone paid through their insurance company becasue they wanted to...Insurance companies settle with people because its cheaper than fighting them. When the insurance policy was getting close to its max payout in fees alone Bushmaster threw in the towel before it cost them any hard cash out of pocket. IMHO really fighting this issue would have been the way to stand up to these bastards that want our guns...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:49:28 PM EST
Art if you really want to be shocked look into Grunow v. Valor.

In May 1990 13 year old Nathaniel Brazill steals a gun (.25 caliber Raven) from Elmore McCray. Kid gets sent home from school for throwing a water ballon returns to school with the gun and shoots and kills Barry Grunow, one of his teachers.

The widow Pan Grunow, with the Brady bunch as co-counsel sues, Valor Corporation who wholesaled the gun, Hypoluxo Pawn Shop who sold the gun (13 years before in 1987 and not to McCray, and Brazil.

Before the trial Grunow settled with Hypoluxo Pawn Shop for $275,000 (their insurance policy paid) and McCray for $300,000 (his insurance policy paid).

The jury (six women) awarded Grunow 24 million dollars with the blame set as:

Valor Corp 5%
School Distrist 45%
McCray 50%

In dollars that would be
Valor 1.2million
School 10.8 Million
McCray 12 Million.

McCray had already settled, the school district had also already settled for $245,000

In January 2003 a judge threw out the settlement against Valor because the jury had said in their decision that Valor was not negligent in supplying the small, cheap pistol, nor did it sell an "unreasonably dangerous and defective product.".

In June 2003 facing an appeal by Grunow Valor filed to recover their costs from the first trial.

November 2003 Grunow filed in 4th District Court of Appeals to have the November 2002 verdict reinstated. Case number 4D03-717 last actions :
08/02/2004 Order Authorizing Longer Brief
08/02/2004 Grant Motion File Amended Brief

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:28:05 AM EST
You can thank the fvcking Demokrats for this mickey mouse bullshit!!

It never ceases to amaze me that with all the bullshit that they've been responsible for, both directly and indirectly, that people still register and vote as fucking Demokrats.

Hell, Satan himself could run as a G**damned Demokrat and people would still fvcking vote for his a$$ simply because of party lines. The little man my a$$?!?! More like for the baby-killin', faggot-lovin', tree huggin', welfare-spendin', freedom-hatin', gun-grabbin' man?!?! Makes me fvcking sick...

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:08:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By 2Manchu: More like for the baby-killin', faggot-lovin', tree huggin', welfare-spendin', freedom-hatin', gun-grabbin' man?!?! Makes me fvcking sick........

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding.........We Have A Winner !!!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:18:05 PM EST
And nothing else has been said about the Ford Explorers and Firestone tires?

And what about the TV commercials showing cars making "low level flights" within cities (I still remember one showing a father "playing" with his car while his two sons in the back seat played video games), etc...

Fascinating...

Top Top