Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 9:29:32 AM EDT
I'm not sure on this one, but could the bullet button like the guys in Cali are using be used in NY with the appropriate mag to create a fixed mag gun capable of having all the evil features?

Ben
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm not sure on this one, but could the bullet button like the guys in Cali are using be used in NY with the appropriate mag to create a fixed mag gun capable of having all the evil features?

Ben

Depends...do you consider that a detachable magazine? Do you think the police/prosecutor/jury will agree?

The one good thing about CA is that they issue opinions and interpretations at the state level (in much the same way the ATF does) that say things like "bullet button is approved etc etc etc". There is no such ruling or guidance in NY.

I wouldn't get a bullet button within 50 feet of my gun....but then I tend to lean toward the cautious side.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What exactly is a bullet button?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What exactly is a bullet button?

It's a special mag release that requires the use of a bullet tip to release the mag. These are legal in CA because the law specifically states that if a tool is required is to remove a magazine it is not considered to be a detachable magazine. NY and NJ make no distinction about the use of tools to remove a magazine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top