Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 6:15:47 AM EDT
wcco.com/topstories/local_story_071192507.html

Police said the woman took the gun from the child, removed the clip magazine and allowed the child to continue to play with the gun. The gun had a round in the chamber and it discharged, striking the woman.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty messed up.  Fortunately the kid wasn't hurt.  Hopefully social services will get involved and do what's best for the kid.  

She's the type of ass hat the gives responsible gun owners a bad name.

Edited to add:  It's not just guns though, it's parenting these days.  A guy ran over his 2 1/2 year old boy this weekend with a skid loader in the county were I live.  The kid didn't make it.  I work with skid loaders all day, and have a 4 year old, so it hit close to home.  My boy is always closely supervised and  never out of arms reach when he's around the skids (rarely), but needless to say he got extra hugs this weekend.
www.fox9.com/news/story.asp?1652508
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Police said the woman took the gun from the child, removed the clip and allowed the child to continue to play with the gun. The gun had a round in the chamber and it discharged, striking the woman.

I know you were quoting directly from the story, but improper terminology only adds insult to injury!

Maybe I'm feeling a little goofy today, what with the snow and all, but perhaps the stupid woman got a pretty good lesson on life, here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Removed the clip?  Do guns come with belt clips now?  So we don't have to worry about holsters anymore?  

The one case were a mag safety might have been useful.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't believe I'm the first to say this, but I think I heard the kid tell his mom:
"I'm the only one professional enough to have this Glock 40."
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
The kid gave his mom a hard lesson in gun safety.  Always treat a gun like its loaded.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#6]
The lady wanted to make sure she was only shot once. WTF? Seems like she deserved it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top