Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 4:43:28 AM EDT
I know a lot about our Flag, but there were some things that I learned and was humbled by after stumbling on this site: U.S. Flag Rules and Regulations

It's amazing to me at how much disrespect I see for our Flag everyday. Like tattered and torn flags flying at gas stations and on cars. Flags that are worn as garments. Flag stickers that are peeling off of car bumpers and windows. And flags that are thrown in the trash when they get old and tired.

Perhaps those who visit the above site will be enlightened by the information. I know I was.

God bless America.....

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't the flag-wearing-garment part about making clothing articles out of a flag, not about having a flag print on the material?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Isn't the flag-wearing-garment part about making clothing articles out of a flag, not about having a flag print on the material?

Glenn,

You are correct, and according to Flag Respect and Etiquette guidelines, it is disrespectful to wear clothing made from the colors and design of a flag.

The below pics illustrate absolute inappropriate use of the colors as clothing.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Shortly aftr 9/11 when everyone had millions of flags draped across their cars, one had broken off and was laying in the roadway. An elderly man stopped in the road to pick it up, while others (who even had flags on their cars!) flew around him flipping him the bird because he was blocking traffic. Some folks just don't get it....me, I was more than happy to block both lanes of traffic with my truck until the man had safely returned to his vehicle
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
What a Disgrace.....

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What a Disgrace.....
                                   www.bikiniriot.com/images/models/jana-cova/flag/01sm.jpg

I don't think that qualifies MQ,....

Be Safe.

Joe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top