Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2010 8:25:42 PM EDT
I own an auto repair shop in Clackamas with a nice waiting room . And I was thinking of putting a right to carry sign up. I support peoples right to carry . But I want to make sure I think of all the angles can I be sued for it ?. Will I be violating any laws ? If there is ever a shoot out at the shop will I sued for supporting right to carry. Will my insurance drop me ? Will I scare off the left wing?

Well what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought about it in my store also.  I decided against it, I think it's best to have NRA, OFF,GOA stuff up.   I wonder how many customers of mine, don't carry?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
When it comes to political stands, doing so is generally not so good for a small business. I personally believe putting up signs that state what you believe in, only appeals to some people and will most likely offend more.  Unfortunantly we have too many lily dicked liberals in this state and although I think what you are proposing is a noble idea, from a business side however, I think you may lose more customers than you will gain with it.  When it comes to carrying, I think a lack of a sign that says 'No guns" is just as good as a sign that says you support it....the difference is no sign says its ok and the liberals will never know, however the other says to them that you are a gun nut....good if u own a gun store, bad if your business has nothing to do with guns.  I think just from a business sense, I wouldn't put up a sign.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree.  I wouldn't put up a sign.  You are more likely to offend more people than you appeal to.  People already have their minds made up on the firearms issue, and your sign is not going to "convert" anyone, but will most certainly offend libertards.  If you don't say anything, you won't offend anyone.  

If it were my business, I would happily accept the money of the "anti-gun" crowd without telling them about my political leanings and thereby risk loosing business.  However, if someone genuinely wanted to engage in an intelligent discussion about firearms ownership, I would be happy to discuss the issue with them.  But, I think the vast majority of anti-gun people are not interested in an intelligent discussion where logic is used.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The purpose of business is to make a profit. If you want to sell to only people who have the same personal and political beliefs as you, then by all means post the sign. If you intend to sell to anybody who wants to use your services, I would suggest to refrain from posting your personal or political beliefs in your business.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The purpose of business is to make a profit. If you want to sell to only people who have the same personal and political beliefs as you, then by all means post the sign. If you intend to sell to anybody who wants to use your services, I would suggest to refrain from posting your personal or political beliefs in your business.

Golden!  

I hope I make a profit, some days yes, some days no.  The reason I have NRA.OFF GOA stuff up is because of the type of store I run.  I still will not talk politics with my customers, I will sell to anyone the law allows. Yes, I  do have a customer with a "="  bumper sticker on his Prius . He also has an Obama sticker. Guess what, his cash goes in to the bank just fine.  Now the fact he likes 243  over a 25.06..... Them are fighting words!
The thing is in my business, the last thing I want to do is make some unwilling to spend money in my store. I am small and every penny is important. Now out side of work, hunting birds or drinking whiskey I will.  Hell, I would even sit around a campfire and talk politics with a Liberal like G.Gorden Liddy or a super left winger like Lars Larson....
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a wobbler. You're not really Clackamas enough for that.

But now that I know, you are Pro2A, I will stop by should I need repairs.

How's that?

-Z
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:59:20 AM EDT
[#8]
How about an "ask about our 5% CHL discount" sign?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be posting a CHL discount sign up at the shop.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I all ready give an NRA discount .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top