Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 10:54:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 10:55:12 AM EDT by Hallmark_Ent]
Chesterfield Police are working with State Police and federal Alcohol, Firearm and Tobacco agents on what they’re calling a “priority situation” -- armed robbery suspects on the run with at least 100 stolen guns.

A man wearing a mask walked into a gun shop (Bob's) on Hull Street near Courthouse Road.  Police say that just before 8:30 this morning, he presented a gun and ordered the sole employee to the floor.

Police say they found glass cases that were smashed and a large volume of firearms taken.  Even before an inventory could be taken of what was stolen, officers alerted area police departments that witnesses had seen four suspects fleeing the scene with what police say are at least 100 stolen guns.

Captain Paige Foster of Chesterfield Police says that the items include handguns and as many as four AR-15’s, which are similar to M-16’s.

Officers say there is a serious safety issue when it comes to police officers who could inadvertently pull over the suspects and not be aware of the situation.  Police also are concerned about where these guns could end up.  They may be sold locally, but more than likely, the suspects’ goal would be to pass them out of state.

Police are asking for the public’s help.  They are looking for four black males who were wearing dark clothing and gloves.  They were last seen driving a gold or tan colored, older model Nissan Sentra.

If you have any information, please call Chesterfield Police at 748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 748-0660.

Steve.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:18:18 AM EDT
How long would it take to get to North Carolina From There? An Hour or Two? Straight shot on I-95 or I-85.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:23:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:36:09 PM EDT
Holy shit! That place is like 10 minutes drive (or less) from my house.

Damn.. I guess I should carry when I go out tonight, then, huh?

TR
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:34:37 PM EDT
Man, that stinks.  

Better keep an eye out for any deals that seem too good to be true at the Showplace this weekend.  Speaking of which, didn't a gun theft make the local news just before the last show as well?  A bunch of Garands from a VFW or something like that.  Weird...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:25:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PrivateJoker:
How long would it take to get to North Carolina From There? An Hour or Two? Straight shot on I-95 or I-85.

I suspect those firearms are headed north, not south.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:09:06 AM EDT
Is this the same "Bobs" that has a store/range in Norfolk?
I hope not.

Originally Posted By Hallmark_Ent:
Chesterfield Police are working with State Police and federal Alcohol, Firearm and Tobacco agents on what they’re calling a “priority situation” -- armed robbery suspects on the run with at least 100 stolen guns.

A man wearing a mask walked into a gun shop (Bob's) on Hull Street near Courthouse Road.  Police say that just before 8:30 this morning, he presented a gun and ordered the sole employee to the floor.

Police say they found glass cases that were smashed and a large volume of firearms taken.  Even before an inventory could be taken of what was stolen, officers alerted area police departments that witnesses had seen four suspects fleeing the scene with what police say are at least 100 stolen guns.

Captain Paige Foster of Chesterfield Police says that the items include handguns and as many as four AR-15’s, which are similar to M-16’s.

Officers say there is a serious safety issue when it comes to police officers who could inadvertently pull over the suspects and not be aware of the situation.  Police also are concerned about where these guns could end up.  They may be sold locally, but more than likely, the suspects’ goal would be to pass them out of state.

Police are asking for the public’s help.  They are looking for four black males who were wearing dark clothing and gloves.  They were last seen driving a gold or tan colored, older model Nissan Sentra.

If you have any information, please call Chesterfield Police at 748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 748-0660.

Steve.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:51:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:57:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Slacker:
Is this the same "Bobs" that has a store/range in Norfolk?
I hope not.

Originally Posted By Hallmark_Ent:

Steve.

That would suck. Were you still in the area when some jackass rammed a van through the wall of a pawnshop on Little Creek Rd and stole a bunch of guns? Happened ~0230 or so.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:28:17 AM EDT
"Captain Paige Foster of Chesterfield Police says that the items include handguns and as many as four AR-15’s, which are similar to M-16’s."

ha

"suspects fled in a Fod Taurus, which is one of the most successful cars in NASCAR"
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:28:07 AM EDT
That doesnt make much sense. But I guess you could make a lot of money off a hundred guns you didnt pay for. Especially since you wouldnt really register the sale so it wouldnt matter who it was sold too.

Sounds bad to me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:05:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 199:

Originally Posted By PrivateJoker:

I suspect those firearms are headed north, not south.

Well in that case
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:19:50 PM EDT
And DC politicians are always complaining about the guns coming into DC from Virginia.  They just neglect to tell everyone that this is how the guns get to DC.  Gun shops in surrounding states are robbed or burglarized.  The truck that was used in the burglary at Virginia Arms was found burned in DC.  Big surprise!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:35:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 9X19:
...  The truck that was used in the burglary at Virginia Arms was found burned in DC.  Big surprise!

And, IIRC, the low-lifes that broke into the Fairfax Galyans about a year ago were also from DC.
Top Top