Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 6:26:27 PM EDT
Almost...

My FFL showed up in the mail today! Can you believe it, a new FFL got issued in the peoples republic..and it only took about 3 months!

We have to get on the state dealers list and then we can call ourselves dealers.. and sell guns finally..
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
NorCal or SoCal? Good luck
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, you wanna do the transfer on an AR15 for me that's not named by CA DOJ?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Where are you at?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#4]
BigMac's in Fremont NorCal.  I'll leave it to him to post his exact address and all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats Big Mac! I hope to visit your store in the upcomin months, as I'm up in the Bay Area two to three times a month.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I stopped by today, but BigMac was busy elsewhere.  

Neat place.  First gun store I've been in that had a chair or stool...handy while filling out forms.  

Now when they get their FFL I'll probably be back for that Auto Ordnance under the counter.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Were at 40927 Grimmer Blvd Fremont CA.

Translation, Were across the street from Tri City Sporting Goods.

Those stools are there because were a lazy bunch ...no no thats not it, we have alot of old customers that need a place to sit down after the long trip in from the parking lot...no thats not it,  yup its the lazy thing.

That Auto ord is a pretty clean piece. I have to look it up and make sure it qualifies as curio..

We should have some super neat old consignment pieces when our licenses are finally all in order. I just worked out a deal for a colt dragoon military ! And a S&W #1!  It seems Traders offered this guy 900 bucks for a collection that was worth thousands. The big auction house in the city tried taking him to the cleaners.. I told him I couldnt afford the collection of pieces he had, and offered to sell them on consignment. Im getting real excited about turning our ammo shop back into a gun shop.

There are HUGE holes in our inventory that we need to fill. Were not a REEDS in any respect.-Definetly a little shop that really wants your FFL business and were willing to work for it.

Come on down and see for yourself.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#8]
BigMac

I was looking at all the paperwork from the ATF to get an FFL.  How much did it cost you from start to finish to get it?  I am in California as well, and looking at intresting ways to purchase stuff, but need that FFL. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The cost will very depending on where you get your prints done, and the loacality of the place of business.
I had to get a cert of eligability, two sets of printsand a hundred bucks. I had to file with the feds  2 sets a passport photo and two hundred bucks. I had to get a business license 30 bucks, a resale license, free. I had to get a city firearms licence 300 bucks. To get all these licenses I had to have a comercial address 1500 bucks a month  and utilities and such. Had to have adequit security including bars and alarms, safes, etc, more bucks. Once all this is done and youve had fed interviews and city inspections and get all the paper licenses then you can send another hundred 25 bucks to the state of CA to get a CFD #. If you want to buy and sell used guns your going to need a second hand dealers license, another 3-4 hundred bucks after all the prints and passport photos...

Dont forget insurance.

After all that, If the feds or anyone alse decides your only in it to enhance your personal colection, theyll pull your license.

Oh I forgot, I had to get an HSC instructors certificate..`

Now that I've done all this I've also signed over my right to privacy in my papers and effects. I have to allow the governing bodies access to my inventory and reecords upon request during my normal business hours. I also have to trace any firearms sold through our shop withing 24 hours of the request.

Having been this far through it I would not have done it just to beef up my collection.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:44:52 AM EDT
[#10]
There used to be a gunstore across the street from Tri-City.  I didn't see the gunstore sign last year when I was there last year.

Does anyone know why Tri-City stopped selling guns?

They used to have it all.  Colt 6700 flat-tops, Benelli M1/M3's, HK SP89, etc...

Good luck in your venture I'll stop by when I'm in da "hood".
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Now that I've done all this I've also signed over my right to privacy in my papers and effects.

What the hell is that all about?!?

You are talking about "papers and effects" related to your FFL right?  Or is this a local/California thing?  

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#12]
It's related to the FFL. When I had mine back in early 90's they had that. They just need to have access when needed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There used to be a gunstore across the street from Tri-City.  I didn't see the gunstore sign last year when I was there last year.

That would be exactly where his shop is.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]
The ATF does complete inspections of your books and inventory about once a year. The DOJ
actually makes us pay for their inspection. I cant imagine the city of Fremont coming in to do a real inspection. There not intersted in anything more than the fees.

I really hate the idea of someone poking through my stuff, but thats what it takes to get the license.

I have to say my licence was well over a thousand dollars to get not including the cost of setting up a retail store and keeping it running while we wait.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#15]
You arn't the first Cal FFL I have heard tell about the frequent inspections.  Here in Nevada, I know of several FFL's that have not been "inspected" for years.  

I am in the process of getting a home based FFL (01)and I have not gotten anything but full cooperation from local AND the BATF.  They are alway there to answer any questions I have and seem to actually want to issue license.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]
SO now your in here rubbibg in how your live in the United States and how Im stuck here in occupied territory;)

Thats really wierd, because I've met guys that claimed their license was pulled because they didnt have a business address. Basicly they lost their business license and then the ATF pulled their license.

Ours took about 3 months to get.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I am not trying to rub it in at all!  I still have a home and business in California so I know!  I admire you for sticking with it.

You are right though about home based FFL's being pulled when guys lose their business licenses.  Clinton gave local govt. the ability to "pull" FFL's by changing zoning or pulling business licenses by putting in the "does not violate local laws......" bullshit.  That was my hardest hurdle to get through was to convince the COUNTY to issue me a biz license.  Once I had that, the feds were cool with everything else.

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#18]
cool! I wanted to do the FFL think years ago, but couldn't meet all the requirements for the business.

If only Nevada wasnt the dang desert.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If only Nevada wasnt the dang desert.

Yeah, but it's a DRY heat!!!

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#20]
The CA DOJ issued our state license today!

this weekend I may become a gun dealer!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Please keep us updated. There's lots of bay area folks who need a good (informed) FFL.

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#22]
We had our official grand opening today!

We sold enough surplus ammo I will have to order more (this is a good thing).
It was a small deal, its a little shop. I actuall advertised in the paper here locally, but they screwed it up.

If you guys are looking for a friendly FFL, I want your business..
Were still getting setup with wholesalers and stuff, but were working on special orders already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top