Posted: 11/27/2007 6:56:41 PM EDT
Just a moon shot...

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:58:14 PM EDT
thats awesome
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 7:00:49 PM EDT
now that is one hell of a zoom lense!
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 4:26:27 AM EDT
when i heard you had posted a picture of a moon, i was afraid... VERY afraid... congrats on a great pic!
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:10:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gajeep94yj:
now that is one hell of a zoom lense!

The lens is my FIL's telescope.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:32:08 AM EDT
The moon and stars are amazing to look at since I moved to S. GA from Gwinnett Co.

The lack of pollution ETC makes them so much easier to see. It reminds of the stars and moon when I was a kid growing up in Maysville, when that was way out in the country.

TD
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 8:35:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By treedawg:
The moon and stars are amazing to look at since I moved to S. GA from Gwinnett Co.

The lack of pollution ETC makes them so much easier to see. It reminds of the stars and moon when I was a kid growing up in Maysville, when that was way out in the country.

TD

You should seem them out at sea a thousand miles from the nearest land.

You should see the stars out at sea on a moonless night. Awesome is the word that comes to mind.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 10:34:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

TD

You should see the stars out at sea on a moonless night. Awesome is the word that comes to mind.

True, that. Really, it's not possible to convey what a clear moonless night sky looks like in the middle of the ocean from a Navy ship. Impressive is an understatement.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 4:13:37 PM EDT

Concur, but going the the Norwegian Fjords were the most beautiful ones I saw at sea...even with land in sight.

Awesome pic Byte.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:34:25 PM EDT
[You should seem them out at sea a thousand miles from the nearest land.

been there !!! it looks like you can hold it in the palm of your hand
truly a awesome sight

great pic byte
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:43:51 PM EDT

TD

+ 79 bazillion. Sunrises and sunset like you wouldn't believe. One of the few things I miss about being in the Navy.

Glad to see you back on the Board Larry. Hope you're doing OK.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:05:58 AM EDT
Been in those Fjords at night, phenomenal! Nothing like sitting at the end of an anchor chain, watching the world swing by you round and round, it's like being in the middle of a giant bowl, and then at night the stars and moon come out.
Top Top