Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 4:58:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 12:10:35 PM EDT by KA3B]
This forum was once a nice place to get together, shoot the shit, make fun of each other and generaly have a good time.

It sucks ass now.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:00:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:10:00 PM EDT
Actually I dont think he has started a thread on this topic. You have heard the negative feedback from so many people it may be all running together, but I dont think he has started a thread on this.

Damn..........just damn. A lock a day and then some? We used to go for months without locks. Now we cant get through a day.

I got an email telling me FAL FILES WA section is pretty dead. Maybe they wouldnt mind people chatting about this, that or friggin lawnmower engines without the lock a day and then name calling on top of it.

BTW- Name calling is verbotten.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:17:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 5:22:39 PM EDT by Da_Bunny]

Originally Posted By CavVet:
Actually I dont think he has started a thread on this topic. You have heard the negative feedback from so many people it may be all running together, but I dont think he has started a thread on this.

Damn..........just damn. A lock a day and then some? We used to go for months without locks. Now we cant get through a day.

I got an email telling me FAL FILES WA section is pretty dead. Maybe they wouldnt mind people chatting about this, that or friggin lawnmower engines without the lock a day and then name calling on top of it.

BTW- Name calling is verbotten.

How extraordinary that you should mention that. One of the Oly employees is scaling up an AR15 to shoot .50BMG. For the gas rings on the bolt, he used the piston rings from a weedeater engine. So the diameter of the bolt carrier hole was determined by the diameter of the cylinder in a weed eater motor. The bolt carrier is going to be something like 1.5" diameter. The upper sitting on the lower is going to look like the Super Guppy airplane. It will use Barrett magazines.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:23:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JAFO:
Sounds like someone needs to change their ways if they can't get through a day without having a thread locked, no?

I already did. I dont start any threads in hometown anymore.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 5:30:09 PM EDT by BusMaster007]

Maybe they wouldnt mind people chatting about this, that or friggin lawnmower engines without the lock a day and then name calling on top of it.

I looked at that locked thread.
It seems that it was only a statement of a need and a question as to where that need might be met.
No WTB/WTS, just a quest to solve a problem.

Need a new engine for my shredder. 1" shaft. Anyone have one or know where I can get a used one at a reasonable price in the King/Peirce/Sno county area
Thanks

Isn't that what the HOMETOWN Forums are FOR?

There's a thread about Hometowners getting a table at the WAC show...that's a little different.
My .02 isn't worth a penny.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:25:36 PM EDT
I haven't mentioned this until now, I haven't even posted about it except in jest.
Learn to read who started the fucking posts that you have locked or moved.

You off on that whine again? What is different now than the first time you had this rant?

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:27:39 PM EDT
Hey damn it, I hijacked this thread, fair and square.......
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:33:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:11:57 PM EDT
ibtl

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:34:12 PM EDT
I guess I'll start whining now also.

It seems to me that all the locks and moved threads started about the time of the last site upgrade. Before then there was not many locks, and I don't remember any threads being moved. Maybe I'm just noticing it now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:36:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
I have seen ad-hominem style attacks...

Contrary to moderator belief, I'm not "Full of shit". I just point out that perceptions can be perceived as truths. Its one thing to say someone is a jackass, rather than pointing out their actions may have them be percieved as a jackass in the future. See the difference?

What is with calling everyone a whiner anyway?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:37:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:
I guess I'll start whining now also.

It seems to me that all the locks and moved threads started about the time of the last site upgrade. Before then there was not many locks, and I don't remember any threads being moved. Maybe I'm just noticing it now.

PCR-00 has had many locks. Ask him.

You didn't see moves until the site upgrade. Now the software provides a link to where the thread was moved. People can still go to the thread and post in it. I guess it makes more sense to just complain about it instead though.

Other than those locks that is
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 6:52:51 PM EDT by JAFO]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:05:06 PM EDT

If you wish for 1GUNRUNNER to get someone else to moderate here, ask him.

Done.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:18:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 7:30:44 PM EDT by Erex]

You off on that whine again? What is different now than the first time you had this rant?

n 1: any substance used to slow down neutrons in nuclear reactors 2: in the Presdyterian church, the officer who presides over a synod or general assembly 3: someone who presides over a forum or debate 4: someone who mediates disputes and attempts to avoid violence

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:32:49 PM EDT
JAFO, I'm not attacking you. I don't see the need to be patronizing or defensive.....it only serves to undermine your arguements.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:38:43 PM EDT
I think JAFO has a good point in quote "Since people want to bring attention to the violation I had to trash it." Seems to me that often people say shit like "Take it to EE, or GD".

Well if we don't want it locked or moved don't post as such. We were not (shiting in each others threads) doing this shit six months ago.

A few months ago there was so much shit in HTF that it looked like a fucking zoo(GD). So on one hand I like the fact the jafo cleaned some of the zoo. But on the other we and JAFO need to start working together and make this the fun HomeTown it used to be.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:27:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS_Coyote:
I think JAFO has a good point in quote "Since people want to bring attention to the violation I had to trash it." Seems to me that often people say shit like "Take it to EE, or GD".

Well if we don't want it locked or moved don't post as such. We were not (shiting in each others threads) doing this shit six months ago.

A few months ago there was so much shit in HTF that it looked like a fucking zoo(GD). So on one hand I like the fact the jafo cleaned some of the zoo. But on the other we and JAFO need to start working together and make this the fun HomeTown it used to be.

A huge +1 on that!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:30:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 11:34:47 PM EDT by R-32]

If you wish for 1GUNRUNNER to get someone else to moderate here, ask him.

Done.

Dear 1Gunnrunner, can we get someone else to moderate here?

P.S. I dont want the job.

Luv, Hug's and Kisses....

R-32

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:03:17 AM EDT
It's a gun board.

Hold a shooting contest for it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:04:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MacLean:
It's a gun board.

Worst score has to moderate?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:46:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

It's a gun board.

Hey, I might have a chance...nah.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:12:58 PM EDT
No, I stopped being the WA hometown forum mod due to a certain asshat moderator in the general discussion forum and his lock and delete happy ass.

This is the same old story you had when you went off and were no longer WA Hometown moderator. Is it not?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:18:11 PM EDT

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry.
Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:05:56 PM EDT

It's a gun board.

Oh crap! You guys have seen me shoot. I would mod the computer section, but a HTF.

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:35 PM EDT
The way I see it as a long timer, but more of a reader and thinker than a poster is that Jafo has a thankless job and sometimes he has to step on the toes of those with whom Arfcom is not just a place to visit, find information, buy the occasional toy, but more of a lifeline to the world they might not otherwise have a path to. So of course there are going to be those who feel their main source of entertainment, perhaps even line of communication to the outside world, is being infringed on in much the same way that the party line was once the only form of outside communication they had, and was taken away with the advent of modern telephone switching.

what I am saying is this.

He has a mandate given him from the site staff.
Run the HTF in the manner he see's fit, don't let things get out of control, and try to be as even handed as you can.

come shall we lend him the good graces of all men who presume to be adults?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:10:44 PM EDT
Who gives a fuck about any of this whining. Its not like we're curing cancer or something. Strat has it right with a proper quote as usual.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:32:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By XD_Fan:
Who gives a fuck about any of this whining. Its not like we're curing cancer or something. Strat has it right with a proper quote as usual.

\

Yup!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 3:53:58 PM EDT by Da_Bunny]

An ounce of pretention is worth a pound of manure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:29:31 PM EDT

An ounce of pretention is worth a pound of manure.

no pretentiousness intended.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:06:18 PM EDT
For the few of you that don't like the way JAFO runs this board.....

Do you thank that if JAFO was replaced that the new Mod is not going to be a hard ass? Most likely we will get someone from out of state that does not give a shit about you or this forum and be a lock and move whore.

I thank we should let these anti JAFO threads die for a while and see how things go. It's not that hard.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:35:46 PM EDT
Man, I go camping for three days and everything stays the same
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:37:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:50:10 PM EDT
I just want to get rid of your damned chair.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:56:44 PM EDT

All I have to say is that if sloppy shooting names the WA Hometown moderator, you will NEVER get rid of me.

Proposed course of fire--five yards at a B-27 target. First to score three hits in ten minutes has to moderate WA HTF. JAFO goes first, since he's the one-man Mod Squad.

JAFO, you can borrow my Charles Daly Field-Grade 12 ga pump. We'll load you up with some #9.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:26:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 3:40:03 AM EDT by Tweak]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:40:24 AM EDT
Please move along people there is nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:41:03 AM EDT
Top Top