Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2009 4:12:17 PM EDT
That they are reviewing?  In todays economic climate and they are actively trying to figure out ways to possibly shut down tax paying/job providing business.

How fucking stupid are they?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]

This way when everyone's on unemployment the city can have more activist's.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The libtards think the girls in the stands are providing more then just coffee.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The fucktards will never be happy until there is no more private enterprise and everyone is either on the dole or a bureaucrat like them  

And what kind of fags don't like titties????  The stand across from the Walmart and the one next to the boat sales place on Broadway rock
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
We call the local coffee stand the hottie box...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Driving around Colorado Springs CO today I noticed that someone just opened a bikini coffee stand here.

Kinda surprising in what is generally considered one of the most conservative cities in the US.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife's cousin lives in Las Vegas and when she came up here for my wedding in May, she didn't even know what  bikini barista stand was and that they didn't have them there at all. I know you can get just about everything involving a woman down there, how come no coffee?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

we call the two near my work "the hootchie huts"...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
again..this state is absolutely hostile to business.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Still want to start my bikini gunshop. this could negatively impact that
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
again..this state is absolutely hostile to business EXCEPT BOEING.

Fixt

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
again..this state is absolutely hostile to business.

Absolutely.  If it's not one thing, it's anothere.

I could give a shit less about the "bikini coffee" places, but it is a legitimate business, employing folks, and it's retarded that people would whine about it and try to get them shut down.  It's not like they're that great, no topless or anything..................it's ridiculous to whine about.

It's usually the "uglies" that do the whining though.  Perhaps rooted in some kind of subconcious jealousy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Driving around Colorado Springs CO today I noticed that someone just opened a bikini coffee stand here.

Kinda surprising in what is generally considered one of the most conservative cities in the US.

new avatar aimed at vini..?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, yes it is...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#14]
took a stab in the dark...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm spreading the word about abuse against period keys.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm spreading the word about abuse against period keys.  

.........................................................................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
You just made "the list" g.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We call em the slut hut.....I would'nt want my daughters working in them....seriously.....would not be cool....its prostitution for a tip......

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

...its prostitution for a tip......

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We call em the slut hut.....I would'nt want my daughters working in them....seriously.....would not be cool....its prostitution for a tip......

would you let them go to a beach or pool in a bikini?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, every employer I can think of, the employee does what the employer wants in exchange for money. And sometimes they're even required to wear various uniforms. Guess all you employed folks are harlots.

What's that you say? It's only prostitution if there's sexual acts going on? So then the slut hut wearing skimpy uniforms doing nothing but serving drinks isn't prostitution?

Either we're all hookers, or only whores is whores. You don't get to redefine prostitution to only include whomever you decide deserves degradation.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Let me get this straight...

I pay the barista a fee and I get to insert my dick into her body until I climax?

No shit?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me get this straight...
I pay the barista a fee and I get to insert my dick into her body until I climax?

No shit?

So, technically I wouldn't be lying when I told my wife I just went out for a cup of coffee?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I admit, I have a regular route to visit my favorite baristas...

Spent the fourth of July with one of them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's usually the "uglies" that do the whining though.  Perhaps rooted in some kind of subconcious jealousy.

gets my vote......
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Either we're all hookers, or only whores is whores. ...

Ok, that's enough with the name calling.

Hey - I know what I am, although I prefer to think of it as a form of mercenary contracting/consulting. I feel bad enough about trading my few days of life on this mortal coil for some coin, but a biatch has to eat, ya' know?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I admit, I have a regular route to visit my favorite baristas...

Spent the fourth of July with one of them.

She didn't work in Everret did she? Best stay away from that girl!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We call em the slut hut.....I wouldn't want my daughters working in them....seriously.....would not be cool....its prostitution for a tip......

Funny, every employer I can think of, the employee does what the employer wants in exchange for money. And sometimes they're even required to wear various uniforms. Guess all you employed folks are harlots.

What's that you say? It's only prostitution if there's sexual acts going on? So then the slut hut wearing skimpy uniforms doing nothing but serving drinks isn't prostitution?

Either we're all hookers, or only whores is whores. You don't get to redefine prostitution to only include whomever you decide deserves degradation.

Who deserves the degradation are those who are immoral not because of what they do but because of what they profess to do with dishonesty through manipulation.  A Barista sells coffee. A Prostitute sells sex.  Slut huts use sex as a tool, while hiding behind the cloak of being a barista, to sell coffee, can you imagine if the barista was wearing a bikini AND dancing around as she handed you your coffee, what kind of tip would you give her then?.  What is worse than this is the idea that a woman, who uses the pretents of sex to sell something so menial as coffee, is successful becuase of men who see woman as objects,.....and does so for TIPS (read..small insignificant amount of money To Insure Prompt Service).  Its concerning that the psychological advantage that one gender can have over another, through manipulation by eluding to something that will not be delivered, can also use the same ploy they used to draw you in, to cause your ultimate demise.  If I wanted a prostitute I would get one having a pretty good idea what I was asking for....when I want coffee I'm not looking for insecure women with low self esteem who would benefit more from getting an education. Dont get me wrong...dude....women are awesome.....Im just not into the games/manipulation.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:.

Something tells me you might be against strip clubs as well.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like some people here would fit right in in Lancaster, PA.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:.

Something tells me you might be against strip clubs as well.

Oh no...strip clubs are not the same concept as slut huts.  Stripp clubs are not falsy advertised.  Their is no manipulation between what they advertise and what they sell...its all in the name.  HUGE DIFFERENCE
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Slut coffiee makes the world go round!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Who deserves the degradation are those who are immoral not because of what they do but because of what they profess to do with dishonesty through manipulation.  A Barista sells coffee. A Prostitute sells sex.  Slut huts use sex as a tool, while hiding behind the cloak of being a barista, to sell coffee, can you imagine if the barista was wearing a bikini AND dancing around as she handed you your coffee, what kind of tip would you give her then?.  What is worse than this is the idea that a woman, who uses the pretents of sex to sell something so menial as coffee, is successful becuase of men who see woman as objects,.....and does so for TIPS (read..small insignificant amount of money To Insure Prompt Service).  Its concerning that the psychological advantage that one gender can have over another, through manipulation by eluding to something that will not be delivered, can also use the same ploy they used to draw you in, to cause your ultimate demise.  If I wanted a prostitute I would get one having a pretty good idea what I was asking for....when I want coffee I'm not looking for insecure women with low self esteem who would benefit more from getting an education. Dont get me wrong...dude....women are awesome.....Im just not into the games/manipulation.

I disagree not only with your premise but with your broad generalization of the women who work at these jobs. Insecure? Yes, lots of insecure women would wear a bikini top in public.....Most insecure women I know like to hide what they are insecure about. Low self esteem.....Lets not use that age old adage about women wanting attention because they have low self esteem. Perhaps that was an issue in the past but I know MANY MANY women who have great self esteem and just don't give a shit what you think.

As to the working for insignificant amounts argument. Your premise is flawed to a fault. They may receive a small tip per coffee they serve but lets multiply that by an 8 hour shift. I know baristas in those huts that make 400 dollars a day. Men are willing to pay for the view and if they feel like using their "assets" to their monetary advantage then who the hell are you to quibble about it? I am good at certain things and I try to work in fields that allow me to use my strengths. Does it make me a whore for a small pittance that I work as a designated marksman in the army for what amounts to pennies per hour? I am good at shooting.....so I USE it. If I had a hot body and someone said "Hey, wanna get paid to get ogled by women?" I would be ALL the fuck over that.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I heard the cause of this is because of rumors of some of the girls flashing tits for bigger tips
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Who deserves the degradation are those who are immoral not because of what they do but because of what they profess to do with dishonesty through manipulation.

Is it immoral to wear a swimsuit? Do you or your family members never wear swimsuits? Is it immoral to serve coffee? Is it immoral to serve food with an eye-candy presentation? If it is, then aren't Hooters immoral for serving wings in hot pants? And isn't every other restaurant that uses presentation style to sell their food immoral by the same standard? Guess we should ban every bar (because they work for tips) and every Red Robin/Applebees/TGIFridays/Ground Round/etc. because they use presentation as a tool to sell food. And GASP! they even make money off of it. Oh Noes!

Noone's being dishonest except that you're being dishonest with yourself. You KNOW that these women don't strip for tips, yet you imply that they do. You know that people are simply getting coffee from a gal with plenty of skin showing, while still observing health codes. You know that the patrons know they're only getting coffee too. And yet you imply it's a "house of sin". What a great way to discredit your argument and marginalize your view.

Quoted:
A Barista sells coffee. A Prostitute sells sex.  Slut huts use sex as a tool...to sell coffee...

So you admit "slut huts" are selling coffee, and using sex as a marketing tools, but that they're not selling sex. And by your own words, prostitutes sell sex. So since "slut huts" aren't selling sex, they're not prostitutes by your own definition, now are they?

Quoted:
What is worse than this is the idea that a woman, who uses the pretents of sex to sell something so menial as coffee, is successful becuase of men who see woman as objects

Education time:
The few times I've been to a bikini stand (I don't drink coffee) I've tipped the same way I do at non-bikini stands. I assume other customers are the same way. That means the increased income is based on volume of customers, not margin of tips. Bikini stands have a larger number of customers than those who don't market themselves as bikini stands. For the record, some of that increase is straight women who wanna go to the stand. I've seen it happen in my own car, when the gals are pressuring me to drive them to the stand, because they figure it must have a fun atmosphere.

Alot of times, those who denegrate bikini stands assume that all the increased traffic is from guys who wanna be voyuers and gay women, but that just doesn't match the facts. The increase in female customers that a bikini stand sees is FAR MORE than the percentage of gay/bisexual women in the community. And it's because the coffee stands aren't "about" sex, they're about coffee and atmosphere.

Quoted:
Its concerning that the psychological advantage that one gender can have over another

I thought God created all mankind to be equal. Are you saying he created women to be better? To be a "Man v.2.0"?

Quoted:
Im just not into the games/manipulation.

There is no manipulation going on. Customers know exactly what they will and won't get. The only one playing games is you, when you try to rationalize that the baristas are doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If someone said "Hey, wanna get paid to get ogled by men?" I would be ALL the fuck over that.

1GR has a stack of bills if you'd just shake your money-maker for "daddy".

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I call it going to get a "sexspresso"

Little Yakima has 3 already,,maybe more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey - I know what I am, although I prefer to think of it as a form of mercenary contracting/consulting.

Whore!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey - I know what I am, although I prefer to think of it as a form of mercenary contracting/consulting.

Whore!

You make it sound so dirty.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:I had a hot body and someone said "Hey, wanna get paid to get ogled by women?" I would be ALL the fuck over that.

there is so much wrong there it aint funny... wait yes it is...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh crap!

I just found this thread where Strat defends the the word "whore".

Grrreeeat! What does that say about me?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#43]

EXACTLY AR15L, that's exactly the deal right there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If someone said "Hey, wanna get paid to get ogled by men?" I would be ALL the fuck over that.

1GR has a stack of bills if you'd just shake your money-maker for "daddy".

I got a rack of singles at the bank today for this weekend.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#45]

BusySquirrel.......Nice job...that was fun!  Something tells me your a connoisseur of the arts!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Thats awesome......fuck thier are some strange people in the world!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Something tells me your a connoisseur of the arts!

Nah, I don't drink coffee. But I do know two people who own two bikini stands.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did the math, dude!  That's FOUR bikini coffee stands!

Right?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did the math, dude!  That's FOUR bikini coffee stands!

Right?

Seriously? 2x2=4? That's pretty complicated math.

Nah, they used to date, bought the one, broke up but are still business partners, and now they've opened the only bikini stand in stanwood.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#50]
You know what, folks?  If'n you like bikini clad coffee peddling, than go to the bikini clad coffee joint.  If you don't like bikini clad women peddling coffee, than don't go to the bikini clad women coffee joint.

Sheesh.  Some people's children!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top