Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 3:33:31 PM EDT
Due to all the rain, most of the roads in my area have numerous pot-holes, and chunks of asphalt are strewn about.

When will this end?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Flat landers! You get a few drops of rain for a couple days in a row and you go to pieces
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Flat landers! You get a few drops of rain for a couple days in a row and you go to pieces

Sounds like repressed resentment.

Go ahead buddy, let it out, we're all men here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I thik that they need to raise taxes to repair our roads.  The state Govt. just does not have enough money for these kinds of projects.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe we can get the illegal aliens to pave the pot holes that American's don't want to pave.

UUmmmm.....they already are.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup. I cycled past a road work crew last week...all Mexicans speaking Spanish...

We are so screwed
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:26:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The state Govt. just does not have enough money for these kinds of projects.

Its all spent on BabyCal
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#8]
A more apt title for this thread would be "The Roads in California are Disintegrating."  You really notice when you drive in some other states where the roads are in much better shape.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the money all goes to LA/SF for making new roads that will last for 8 years. Case in point, the 14 frwy from San Fernando to Antelope valley. They spent 10 years widening it, then conmmenced another widening job just 8 years later!!! I'm interested to see how long it will take to add a lane this time around
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#10]
In the early 1960's the state of California spent 20% of their budget on roads.  Now they spend 2% on 'transportation projects'.  Transportation projects means buying busses for LA & SF.  It is a shame.  Don't let the bastards raise taxes for something that is a primary service of govt.  Lets cut welfare and spend that $ on the roads.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A more apt title for this thread would be "The Roads in California are Disintegrating."  You really notice when you drive in some other states where the roads are in much better shape.

Ain't that the truth! AS SOON AS you cross our borders, the roads suddeny improve.

But, what do you expect? This is really Northern Mexico after all.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The sad part is several years ago they spent over a $1million on a waterfall in Redlands because they had money allocated to the transportation department and it would have to be returned if it wasn't used before the end of the year.

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that they built something so pointless, or that they put it in a place that is almost completely hidden except from people traveling westbound on the 10, even though you have two separate freeways meet there. I guess people on the 30, and people going eastbound don't need it, but those westbound folks really need .3 seconds of a different scenery to make that commute so much better.

I've said it before, they should just put a tax for assault weapons like the US government has for NFA stuff and let the registration fees pay for all the crap that's falling aprat, starting first with our biggest drain: the illegals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top