Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:19:30 AM EDT
Received this email yesterday regarding the death of Marc Perez. In the last couple of years Marc had become very involved with the 2nd Amendment community, making many trips this past year to Jefferson City to lobby for gun rights. He will be missed not only for his involvement but also his wit and smile. See you on the other side Marc.

This is from Marc's wife, Marianne.  I want to let you know that Marc passed away this morning.  Our daughter Cheryl and I were with him at home where he has been in hospice care for cancer.  We have no final details regarding funeral arrangements, but hopefully I will be able to post that tomorrow.  Please pass this along to anyone else who you feel will want to know.

Thank you,
Marianne Perez
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:21:27 AM EDT
Wow, that's unfortunate.  I hadn't seen him active on any boards lately, was wondering.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:28:27 AM EDT
I've only met him a few times, but he was a great guy. He will be missed.

R.I.P. Marc
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:32:40 AM EDT
A very sad day.  Prayers for the family.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:03:58 PM EDT
I got the same email. He had told me awhile back when his time came, he had made arrangements to let everyone know. He was prepared.

I had sent a few messages and emails hoping he was OK, but when I didn't get any back, and his FB page was silent for a few weeks I knew something was up. I was sitting here last night and I had an email pop-up from him. I thought "Finally, he's letting me know something." Sadly, that wasn't the case.

He was my mentor in the 2A world of Jeff City politics. We butted heads when we first "met" on open carry forums, but we soon became good friends afterwards. When he would get some news about open carry he would call me up , all  enthused about the prospect that we made headway. He was a truly great person and 2A patriot. I will sure miss him this year at the Capitol as well as going out to lunch at Ria's afterwards, he loved that place.

RIP brother, I will miss you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:48:50 PM EDT
Arrangements for those in the St. Louis area. I don't remember if Ballwin allows open carry but it certainly would be a tribute to Marc to open carry at the wake.

First of all, I would like to apologize for some people getting multiple notices about Marc's passing.  He instructed me to notify everyone on his email list plus some group forums, and I'm not editting the addresses.

Apparently this time of year is very busy for the funeral industry.  These are the final arrangements.

Visitation:  Sunday, Dec 15, from 3-7 pm at Schrader Funeral Home, 14960 Manchester Rd at Holloway, Ballwin, MO.

Funeral:  Monday, Dec 16, from Schrader at 10:30 am to Bethel Cemetery for 11 am graveside service and interment.  Bethel Cemetery is at 17500 Manchester Rd, Wildwood, MO.  ( At this point, Manchester parallels Hwy 100 but is one block south of Hwy 100.)

His obituary with more info may be found in the Friday edition of the St Louis Post-Dispatch.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments about Marc.  He is very special to us, and I am gratified that others recognize that too.

Marianne Perez
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:48:01 PM EDT
Sad news... Marc was a superb American!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:33:59 PM EDT
No idea he was ill. This is horrible news. He was a great guy and I'm sure his family is devastated.

RKBA in Missouri will miss him a great deal. He did a lot of work for shooters in this state.

Truly sad to hear this. He was fun to watch at your shoots too, Bob.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:44:47 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Festus_Hagen:
I got the same email. He had told me awhile back when his time came, he had made arrangements to let everyone know. He was prepared.

I had sent a few messages and emails hoping he was OK, but when I didn't get any back, and his FB page was silent for a few weeks I knew something was up. I was sitting here last night and I had an email pop-up from him. I thought "Finally, he's letting me know something." Sadly, that wasn't the case.

He was my mentor in the 2A world of Jeff City politics. We butted heads when we first "met" on open carry forums, but we soon became good friends afterwards. When he would get some news about open carry he would call me up , all  enthused about the prospect that we made headway. He was a truly great person and 2A patriot. I will sure miss him this year at the Capitol as well as going out to lunch at Ria's afterwards, he loved that place.

View Quote

This is really bumming me out.

At Ria's this year my youngest son finally noticed everyone was open carrying. When my son asked Marc if everyone was a police officer he took a little time and gave his explanation of why we get together for those rallies. It was good for my boy to hear it from someone other than me for a change and I am grateful to have had that opportunity for my kids.    Will be wearing a all day tomorrow over this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:58:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:

At Ria's this year my youngest son finally noticed everyone was open carrying. When my son asked Marc if everyone was a police officer he took a little time and gave his explanation of why we get together for those rallies. It was good for my boy to hear it from someone other than me for a change and I am grateful to have had that opportunity for my kids.    Will be wearing a all day tomorrow over this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:
Originally Posted By Festus_Hagen:

Marc Perez tribute
Top Top