Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/7/2006 12:54:13 AM EDT
Sunday April 2nd? or Saterday the 1st, only persons who vote and post the day count on the poll.

I say we have a rattle battle and film it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I bet that it would be better than watching you guys jello wrestling....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:04:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

you'd have to see the video to make that assumption
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Will this be at Hite Hollow again?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived it.

I still wake up at night....screaming....

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived it.

It's Big Sexy and he's coming right for us................................
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived it.

Be good or I will tell your wife that the blow up doll was not for first responders class.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived it.

Be good or I will tell your wife that the blow up doll was not for first responders class.

Note to self: remember the first responder excuse
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Please to tell what is "rattle battle"?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Please to tell what is "rattle battle"?

We have to modify the shoot but it will consist of each shooter loading 90 rounds, any caliber and any sight.

Targets will be 10" pie plates at 100 yards and you dump as may rounds as possible, everyone lines up on line and fires for 2 minutes maximum.

Most holes wins or ties are shoot offs until a winner is chosen.

You must wear battle rattle, i.e.: Full Load Out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm in.

Sweet!
Prepare thy gear
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm in.

Sweet!
Prepare thy gear

Hmm....choices choices.....

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sunday April 2nd?

Oh hell yeah!    
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sunday April 2nd?

Oh hell yeah!    

I've got the video camera to tape to devastation fun.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#15]
What is the location?  I would like this.  And what position do we fire from?  Prone/kneeling/standing?

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What is the location?  I would like this.  And what position do we fire from?  Prone/kneeling/standing?

-Ben

To make it interesting I would say standing, since we will have gear on.

I know most folks would not want to roll around on the ground in gear just for a fun shoot and spend days cleaning.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:33:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived it.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The doll doesn't know about the wife.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quick question, is there a standard full load out?  I know my gear will be quite different from what other would wear.

Either way I will be at the shoot.

Right now the forcast is looking like it will be partly cloudy, highs in the low 80's
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Still waiting on a location.

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quick question, is there a standard full load out?  I know my gear will be quite different from what other would wear.

An example of my load out at Blackwater:

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.mcgeedigitalmedia.com/images/bwPIX/DSC00732.jpg
www.mcgeedigitalmedia.com/images/bwPIX/DSC00765.jpg

My "load out" is going to be a lot different from yours.  My load out is nothing more than cargo pants or BDU's with the pockets stuffed with mags.  I hate to spend money on a tac vest to participate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My "load out" is going to be a lot different from yours.  My load out is nothing more than cargo pants or BDU's with the pockets stuffed with mags.  I hate to spend money on a tac vest to participate.

uhm..  same boat here..  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

For the 5 day Carbine Operators course at BW in May.  I'm using the Blackhawk tac vest SimplyDynamic gave me and use my single Blade-Tech AR mag pouch to load directly to the carbine.  I just pull mags from the vest to go to the Blade-Tech.  And I just bought a Blackhawk dump pouch that mounts on my left leg.  I'll use my 6004 for my Glock 17 and use Blackhawk double mag pouches for the pistol mags.  If my Form 1 (SBR) and my Form 4s are back for my M4-2000 suppressor I'll be using a 11.5" AR suppressed for the entire course w/my 14.5" M4 as a back up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey use what you have.....no problems here!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey use what you have.....no problems here!

Well I "have to" fit in some what.  An excuse to upgrade my tacticalness   I will see what I can throw together.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sunday April 2nd?

Any chance of doing this on a Saturday to give us church going folk an opportunity to participate? It would also have the advantange of letting us folks from SE VA come and not face a long drive back to the Tidewater and work on Monday.

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sunday April 2nd?

Any chance of doing this on a Saturday to give us church going folk an opportunity to participate? It would also have the advantange of letting us folks from SE VA come and not face a long drive back to the Tidewater and work on Monday.

Thanks

Understand the Sunday obligations, most asked for a Sunday shoot but if all are open for it then we could do Saturday.

And folks, tactical gear can be what works for you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Saturday works for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the 5 day Carbine Operators course at BW in May.  I'm using the Blackhawk tac vest SimplyDynamic gave me and use my single Blade-Tech AR mag pouch to load directly to the carbine.  I just pull mags from the vest to go to the Blade-Tech.  And I just bought a Blackhawk dump pouch that mounts on my left leg.  I'll use my 6004 for my Glock 17 and use Blackhawk double mag pouches for the pistol mags.  If my Form 1 (SBR) and my Form 4s are back for my M4-2000 suppressor I'll be using a 11.5" AR suppressed for the entire course w/my 14.5" M4 as a back up.

You know I love you when I say this...."you damn gear queer"!!!!

JT

***Not intended to offend anyone...just a small joke to GOTM4***

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You know I love you when I say this...."you damn gear queer"!!!!

JT

***Not intended to offend anyone...just a small joke to GOTM4***

Yeah, yeah!  ,

Unless it's Mar 25th, Apr 22nd, or May 20th I won't be able to make it on a Saturday in the spring.  Looks like I may be missing this one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Saturday works for me.

Anyone else open for Saturday instead.  

That would be April Fools day anyway, so no one could laugh at you no matter what your definition of tactical is.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Saturday is good for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Me too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Which ever day it ends up being, I'll be there with case of tannerite and hopefully a few new toys (G36K, 2 AK's ) in tow.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:45:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Sunday works better for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone going who has a TA11F or TA31F they'd let me try for a few minutes?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#37]
If it's on Sunday, I'll have to be back in NoVA by 5 PM to pick up my daughter at 6.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm down for either but will need to leave prior to 4  on Sunday as to return to the nightmare.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Saturday is better for me.

tt
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I believe the usual spring shoot is in late April.  Therefore if this is on Sunday, don't worry we can always have another (on Saturday) later on in the month around the 22nd.  Might be warm enough for me by then.  And I still have around 2 cases of old tannerite I need to dispose of.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I believe the usual spring shoot is in late April.  Therefore if this is on Sunday, don't worry we can always have another (on Saturday) later on in the month around the 22nd.  Might be warm enough for me by then.  And I still have around 2 cases of old tannerite I need to dispose of.  

The spring shoot last year was the first Sunday in April.  I remember having to wake-up an hour earlier because we turned the clocks up.  Though I am not one to complain about opertunities to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Let us see what day you want to shoot, please post and quote on this post what day.

Majority of the shoots are on a Sunday and some folks have a ways to drive or have church, I am up for either day myself.

LRT - either is my vote.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#44]
LRT

Thanks for reconsidering this.  I vote for Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:59:30 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Let us see what day you want to shoot, please post and quote on this post what day.

Majority of the shoots are on a Sunday and some folks have a ways to drive or have church, I am up for either day myself.

LRT - either is my vote.

I vote either as well
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:35:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

LRT - either is my vote.

either
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Either should work for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The spring shoot last year was the first Sunday in April.  I remember having to wake-up an hour earlier because we turned the clocks up.  Though I am not one to complain about opertunities to shoot.

You are correct.  I looked up my photos from the last few spring shoots and they were all dated late March.   Brrr..

I vote Saturday and I'll use my 1919 for the 90 round blast.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct.  I looked up my photos from the last few spring shoots and they were all dated late March.   Brrr..

I vote Saturday and I'll use my 1919 for the 90 round blast.  

I remember last year I was shooting at some clay pigeons that someone put up at the end of the range, I was trying to hit them with my .22lr by the time I hit one, you took the 1919 and shot up everyone of them (like a dozen) in less than 4 seconds.......it was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
LRT

Thanks for reconsidering this.  I vote for Saturday.

No problem Brother!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top