Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 8/5/2014 8:09:35 PM EDT
Monday, on the Mississippi

Today, at the Prairie Rod and Gun club range

As you can see, I was all by myself. Good times.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you over by Clayton? I love eating at the bar there on the river. I always get a Philly Cheese steak and a Bloody Mary.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that a couch for your guns ?  
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
In the second picture you can see the Grain Elevatore in McGregor, so yeah, I'm pretty close to Clayton. This would have been a 15 min boat run to Bill's in Clayton.

That carpeted rest at the range is used under the butt of pistols when shooting off the bench. Actually works well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, you're right below the bridge. I like to fish the slough heading south of the marina in Prairie. Below the train bridge I have caught some HUGE northerns. 15+ lbs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you over by Clayton? I love eating at the bar there on the river. I always get a Philly Cheese steak and a Bloody Mary.
View Quote

love that little place...  i used to make a weekly tour up through there, stop at breitbach's in balltown (between fires and rebuilds), and then head up to pattison's and jack around in the underground mine and storage facility, then up to clayton for a drink, and on up to macgregor for another drink, and pop over into pdc for catfish jerkey...

i miss not working the river corridor any longer...  got to know those towns from st paul to st louis on both side really well.  some where shitboxes, but there were some great little treasures tucked away too...  sneaky pete's, the brown bottle, etc.

good times man.  thanks for posting up!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
When the fish wont bite  I just shot them in the face seriously I've heard its great bowfishing around PDC hopefully I'll find out next year if/whenI get my own boat

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#7]
good times!  i've wanted to do that for years, but never done it...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
good times!  i've wanted to do that for years, but never done it...
View Quote

Its fun as hell like hunting and fishing at the same time. How much better can it get?
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top