Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2013 6:22:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2013 6:24:52 PM EST by stik87]
So I just heard on the news michelle obama is visiting Watertown high school on Thursday to promote "drinking more water" . How is this going to mess up traffic around the area and on 94? I can just sense she's going to make my whole county a freaking mess.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:34:56 PM EST
The TV report said the event wasn't to be open to the public.

So it seems like only the party faithful can worship
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:42:08 PM EST
Im in a town like 30 miles away. Fuck her and her nasty ass disgusting school food. May hell have a special place for her
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:46:20 PM EST
I am glad I moved to another park of the county years ago.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:10:09 PM EST
I was working on the north side of Eau Claire when Bush came through years ago. In the construction zone we had to keep clear of bridges, stay a few hundred feet from the roadway, and trucks had to be on a side road not the shoulder. Secret service then checked under every single orange barrel, putting a piece of tape over the bottom edge and onto the asphalt, as some sort of seal to see if they were moved. They also put this on all the manhole lids.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:24:08 AM EST
My condolences to anyone that is affected by her prescence there. I wish she would figure it out that she's not wanted here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:01:57 AM EST
"Lady"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

lol....
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:24:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:02:21 AM EST
I work right down the road from there and thankfully I'l lbe working elsewhere that day
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:49:12 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:
Just in case you find yourself playing a game of holo-chess against her, I suggest you let her win.
View Quote

I'm missing the reference.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:57:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By Flamethrower:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Just in case you find yourself playing a game of holo-chess against her, I suggest you let her win.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:00:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Aphex:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/KamelRed/EotechYHMarfcom/99dcfe68-d84d-48ea-93e6-102929ff3acd_zpsddc29201.jpg

I can't believe I missed that. It's early.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:49:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:01:56 AM EST
Really, Watertown to profess the greatness of water. Going to stop by Appleton on the way back to talk up the Red Delicious? Egg Harbor for Eggs?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:22:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By JakeThePimp:
Really, Watertown to profess the greatness of water. Going to stop by Appleton on the way back to talk up the Red Delicious? Egg Harbor for Eggs?
View Quote

I really feel sorry for Steven when she heads up my way....
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:49:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 11:11:35 AM EST
Soylent Green?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 11:57:46 AM EST
One serious question I do have is how much does it cost the county to have an unwanted passerby like her come through and speak?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:03:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:13:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By 40xb-shooter:

Im gonna go with $150k.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stik87:
One serious question I do have is how much does it cost the county to have an unwanted passerby like her come through and speak?

Im gonna go with $150k.

no way is it that cheap. secret service will pull out all the stops for her too.
then her travel time, her aides, friends, backup motorcade in case hers fails, local LEO over time.
its in the millions of dollars wasted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:18:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:30:22 PM EST

Oink

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:49:55 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:20:36 AM EST

No way it costs that much. Now if she were to be going to another country on vacation again then yes I agree those things add up. But remember she is here for less than a day. So one days pay for all those people plus travel costs and some support here locally does not cost millions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By par0thead151:
Originally Posted By stik87:

Im gonna go with $150k.

no way is it that cheap. secret service will pull out all the stops for her too.
then her travel time, her aides, friends, backup motorcade in case hers fails, local LEO over time.
its in the millions of dollars wasted.

No way it costs that much. Now if she were to be going to another country on vacation again then yes I agree those things add up. But remember she is here for less than a day. So one days pay for all those people plus travel costs and some support here locally does not cost millions.

I wouldn't doubt it's 7 figures. Background checks on anyone who is going to be close to MO, motorcade, local police. This event most likely took weeks of planning.

The 2013 budget for the Secret Service was 1.6 Billion, that's 4.3 million per day. I bet it's pretty hard to actualize what the total cost of an excursion is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:46:29 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:15:00 AM EST
Well let's all at least agree that regardless the exact number, it is a lot of money for a service that shouldn't even be provided. If a politician wants protection, they should be legally required to follow all the same bullshit rules and restrictions as any normal citizen and carry a gun to provdie for their own safety, no matter who they are, what their job title, or where they go.

Secret service is a lot of waste money for a lot of wastes of oxygen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:28:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:03:49 PM EST
Your argument is fallacious.

We, by violating the principal of equal protection under the law, elevate these people to a place of privilege. Do you know the origin of that word? It means "private law." You want both ways that which you cannot thusly have. If they have to follow the laws that we do, then they cannot be afforded special protections, whether physical or legal.

It is a binary system: choose if you want a zero or a one, because both can not exist in the same bit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:45:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:05:20 PM EST
First Wookie is completely irrelevant.

When it gets behind a cause ..... so what?
Top Top