Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:14:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:35:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Unfuckingbelievable... For what?

Free money is free money. Get it any way you can!

This whole brame thing has screwed alot of people over. If during a divorce, your (soon to be) Ex wife points the Domestic Violence finger at you. The judges are soooo scared of annother Brame situation they will immediately move to protect the wife and children from the accused no matter what the facts are. It's pretty screwed up. Coming from first hand experience.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 12:39:33 PM EDT by 1GunnerHogan1]
Unfuckingbelievable... For what?

+1
$12 million? What the hell. The families of 9/11 victims got an average of $3 million. What is the Tacoma city government using for "brains"? I'm sure the entire family is already booking first class tickets to Hawaii.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 12:51:32 PM EDT by MrsScrun]
Is their whole case based on the fact that he was a police officer? So what! There are domestic violence cases everyday and nobody sues the abuser's employer....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:13:01 PM EDT
I don't. Might I play devils advocate but if your daughter was married to a man who was homoscital [sp?] and he threatened her with in inches of her life if she spoke a word to anyone, had the support of an entire police force against her [so to speak] and he killed her and then himself, who would place blame with? I'm not saying its a fair judgement but quite possibly the city is somewhat responsible. IF it feel on deaf ears that he was abusing his wife then they had a legal responsiblity to act. If they stuck their heads in the sand then they accept responsiblity for her life [some what]. Now granted I don't have all the pieces of the puzzle but I wouldn't necessarily say they weren't responsible in any way.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:19:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:21:20 PM EDT

Just me but, I blame the guy that pulled the trigger.

I agree
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:26:39 PM EDT
Lane Judson's statement mentioned the Brames' children, Haley and David: "We have made them the focus of our lives. Haley and little David sometimes have a hard time understanding what happened to their mother, and we know this will be a burden for them to carry all their lives."

I have issues with this statement as well....did the kids not lose their father too?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:43:55 PM EDT
hush money
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:03:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:15:35 PM EDT
The bottom line is that our city gov't is dirty and we taxpayers get to pay for their ineptitude. The city manager & police dept brass protected Brame despite their knowledge of how he was becoming somewhat unhinged. I don't blame the Judsons for suing the city, I just wish we could make Corpez and Woodward pay the settlement out of the healthy retirement settlements they received.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:47:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:10:01 PM EDT
I was speaking only as a resident of the fair City of Destiny!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:39:04 PM EDT
The settlement may very well have been cheaper than what a jury would have awarded. Not only would the taxpayers foot the bill for a large verdict, they would also be paying for the defense lawyers all the way through trial. This would have been a risky case to try.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:44:22 PM EDT

Just me but, I blame the guy that pulled the trigger.

But he had help, the city covered up the fact that they knew he was a psyco and was banging the second in command, many laws were broken by the city including withholding the mandatory restraining order.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:18:03 PM EDT
Sucks to be a resident Tacoma taxpayer right about now. Don't anyone hold your breath waiting for those who knew yet held their silence to catch any fire. This is WA, after all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:00:24 PM EDT
Just pay up, suckers. And don't forget $1,000 per each person in your family for Katrina relief, while you're at it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:07:02 PM EDT
It is all George Bush's fault.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:17:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:
It is all George Bush's fault.....

Why bring satan into this ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:50:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:
I don't. Might I play devils advocate but if your daughter was married to a man who was homoscital [sp?] and he threatened her with in inches of her life if she spoke a word to anyone, had the support of an entire police force against her [so to speak] and he killed her and then himself, who would place blame with? I'm not saying its a fair judgement but quite possibly the city is somewhat responsible. IF it feel on deaf ears that he was abusing his wife then they had a legal responsiblity to act. If they stuck their heads in the sand then they accept responsiblity for her life [some what]. Now granted I don't have all the pieces of the puzzle but I wouldn't necessarily say they weren't responsible in any way.

Patty

But this is not about blame...this is about money. That is the fucked up part. When people sue for emotional damages in the tune of millions of dollars, they bastardize the emotion that caused them to be in the situation in the first place. I would agree with money for the children to grow up with out feeling too much of the hardship, but 12million dollars is excessive
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:26:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hippynik:
I would agree with money for the children to grow up with out feeling too much of the hardship, but 12million dollars is excessive

I disagree, the amount should hurt enough so the city thinks twice about putting psyco's on the force, most small towns around me had SWAT teams and their own police, law suits over misconduct forced Gold Bar for instance to only have a contract sheriff deputy for police protection, The various SWAT teams had a habit of going to the wrong house and shooting the wrong guy, Gold Bar's former chief was selling drugs out of the evidence locker, took an old lady naked from her bath tub and paraded her around ut side as retribution for her filing claims after she was rear ended by the town cop.

Big law suits holds these idiots accountable.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:36:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:

I would agree with money for the children to grow up with out feeling too much of the hardship, but 12million dollars is excessive

I disagree, the amount should hurt enough so the city thinks twice about putting psyco's on the force, most small towns around me had SWAT teams and their own police, law suits over misconduct forced Gold Bar for instance to only have a contract sheriff deputy for police protection, The various SWAT teams had a habit of going to the wrong house and shooting the wrong guy, Gold Bar's former chief was selling drugs out of the evidence locker, took an old lady naked from her bath tub and paraded her around ut side as retribution for her filing claims after she was rear ended by the town cop.

Big law suits holds these idiots accountable.

I like the idea of punishing a government office for their wrongdoings...but 12 mil doesn't just hurt the .gov. It hurts the people that put their tax dollars into that city. Remember, the money isn't coming out of the pockets of the people that made the mistakes. It's coming out of our pockets. The administrators and staff will go on doing their job however they want. Nobody got fired as far as I can see. I know a few Tacoma Cops and this will hurt them more than it hurts the admins of the PD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:57:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PCR-00:

The administrators and staff will go on doing their job however they want. Nobody got fired as far as I can see. I know a few Tacoma Cops and this will hurt them more than it hurts the admins of the PD.

Just like safety at a shoot government control is everybodies business, any and all who are effected need to undergo the labor of directing the republic.

Those cops that are going to get hurt by the big law suit need to step up and speak out, it was well known to the rank and file what was going on in Tac PD, thats another problem with police playing paramilitary instead of civilian peace officer.

The people are the only one's with lawful authority to hold the public servants accountable.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:00:23 AM EDT

The administrators and staff will go on doing their job however they want. Nobody got fired as far as I can see. I know a few Tacoma Cops and this will hurt them more than it hurts the admins of the PD.

Just like safety at a shoot government control is everybodies business, any and all who are effected need to undergo the labor of directing the republic.

Those cops that are going to get hurt by the big law suit need to step up and speak out, it was well known to the rank and file what was going on in Tac PD, thats another problem with police playing paramilitary instead of civilian peace officer.

The people are the only one's with lawful authority to hold the public servants accountable.

Start...I just noticed something, you and an uberliberal friend of PCR and mine have something in common...you forget that the common man is malicious and naive, self serving and ignorant. A few may see the problem and want to fix it, but with the laws and regulations as they stand, a few means nothing. I agree, things need to change and people need to step up, but million dollar lawsuits are just as effective in this capacity as PETA members throwing red paint all over a rich woman with a fur coat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:15:07 AM EDT

Start...I just noticed something, you and an uberliberal friend of PCR and mine have something in common...you forget that the common man is malicious and naive, self serving and ignorant. A few may see the problem and want to fix it, but with the laws and regulations as they stand, a few means nothing. I agree, things need to change and people need to step up, but million dollar lawsuits are just as effective in this capacity as PETA members throwing red paint all over a rich woman with a fur coat.

I gave you an example of Gold Bar WA, the city council for GB denied the mayor's request for a city police force because they had 3 million in outstanding debt from lawsuits against the police dept.

They did fire the city manager in Tac over it, for the family of the lost daughter the law suit is going to help raise the children and make the city double-think psyco cops as police chief.

Now you really need to learn about comon law and how it works, what place it has in the statuatory courts today, do you know how many citizens it takes to hold gov accountable ? 12 jurors, a Justice of the Peace and a Constable, the constable can deputize as many militia as necessary to execute the court order.

Organize train equip
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:37:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 10:39:29 AM EDT by R-32]

12 mil doesn't just hurt the .gov. It hurts the people that put their tax dollars into that city. Remember, the money isn't coming out of the pockets of the people that made the mistakes. It's coming out of our pockets.

Not as much money comes out of your pocket as you think...

How much of this is going to be cover'd by the Citys Insurance?( $11 million) Now where it can hurt is later on when the insurance company up's the price.

Im more upset that the criminals are protected from Civil suites in the individual basis. I would much rather go after the people that made the mistake, have it come out of their pockets.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:40:32 AM EDT

12 mil doesn't just hurt the .gov. It hurts the people that put their tax dollars into that city. Remember, the money isn't coming out of the pockets of the people that made the mistakes. It's coming out of our pockets.

Not as much money comes out of your pocket as you think...

How much of this is going to be cover'd by the Citys Insurance?( $11 million) Now where it can hurt is later on when the insurance company up's the price.

Im more upset that the criminals are protected from Civil suites in the individual basis. I would much rather go after the people that made the mistake, have it come out of their pockets.

Exactly
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:42:29 AM EDT

I gave you an example of Gold Bar WA, the city council for GB denied the mayor's request for a city police force because they had 3 million in outstanding debt from lawsuits against the police dept.

They did fire the city manager in Tac over it, for the family of the lost daughter the law suit is going to help raise the children and make the city double-think psyco cops as police chief.

Now you really need to learn about comon law and how it works, what place it has in the statuatory courts today, do you know how many citizens it takes to hold gov accountable ? 12 jurors, a Justice of the Peace and a Constable, the constable can deputize as many militia as necessary to execute the court order.

Organize train equip

Yes, but you need 12 jurors who actually give a shit about their city, their government, and their country. I have a friend who just did her civic duty on a jury. Most of the people there couldn't tell their ass from a hole in the ground and beyond that , didn't care.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:04:24 PM EDT

Yes, but you need 12 jurors who actually give a shit about their city, their government, and their country. I have a friend who just did her civic duty on a jury. Most of the people there couldn't tell their ass from a hole in the ground and beyond that , didn't care.

What people have forgaotten is there are two separate distinct justice systems, the one people complain about is the statutory courts, what they are ignorant of is the common law court and how it is applied.

Throughout the history of federal and state law making, at no time has it never out-lawed the common law process, the comon law process is meant for local areas, starts with just ten electors comprised of ten heads of households.

Knowledge is power, it starts with just one person with the drive to organise ten heads of house holds, ten jural societies make up a precinct, only 12 jurors are needed.

Did you know you can elect a governor for Washington state with just 60,000 votes ? I know jokes are coming over this but i am a glutten for punishemnt

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:11:06 PM EDT

What people have forgaotten is there are two separate distinct justice systems, the one people complain about is the statutory courts, what they are ignorant of is the common law court and how it is applied.

Throughout the history of federal and state law making, at no time has it never out-lawed the common law process, the comon law process is meant for local areas, starts with just ten electors comprised of ten heads of households.

Knowledge is power, it starts with just one person with the drive to organise ten heads of house holds, ten jural societies make up a precinct, only 12 jurors are needed.

Did you know you can elect a governor for Washington state with just 60,000 votes ? I know jokes are coming over this but i am a glutten for punishemnt

Being informed is the key. Majority of people are not, whether it is legal knowledge, book knowledge or the ability to survive in day to day life let alone a SHTF situation. And some people are, but the hoops of everyday life get in the way...it's not an excuse, just the way things seem to be from my perspective. It takes a lot of heart, soul and passion to change the world (or even a community) and most people don't have that any more. We have been made weak by the TV and the microwave oven.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:57:51 PM EDT

We have been made weak by the TV and the microwave oven.

HEY! Hot Pockets and "The X-Files" have done nothing to slow me .....oh wait.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:03:41 PM EDT

Are you sure Tacoma isn't self-insured?
Top Top