Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/15/2008 11:01:34 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I work at The Sports Authority on Trop and Ft. Apache. I just want to let everyone know that we do special orders for just about any sporting rifle or shotgun; unfortunately my jackbooted corporate overlords won't allow us to order any "evil" rifles (company-wide) or handguns (our store). Basically anything covered under AWB '94 is out; M1/M14-style is ok. Our prices, from what I've seen, are as good or better than anyone in town and it is usually 1-2 weeks from order to receipt of the weapon.

Our ammo selection pretty much sucks, but if you are looking for anything in particular, and in a large enough quantity, I can check and see if we can get it in stock. Our distributors are Sports South, Inc. and Williams Shooters Supply, so if you have access to their catalogs, we do a 15% markup from their listed cost in the most current catalog.

I do not make any commission on this, so this isn't me trying to line my pockets, I'm just trying to drive business in the hopes that they will expand our stock, and hopefully get handguns back to our store. We are, to my knowledge, the only place in about a 5 mile radius that sells any firearms so there is a lot of business up for grabs. Unfortunately, The Sports Authority only looks at numbers on a computer screen when determining inventory so I'm trying to do what I can to make things better.

My company, in its' infinite wisdom, stopped putting firearms/ammo in the LV ads because we are the only store that carries them anymore. However, we do have sales every Sunday-Saturday (more often during the holiday season), so if anyone is interested I can post them here on Sat night or Sun morning.

If you have questions about pricing or availability of anything, give us a call at 252-3660 (ask for Jason L.) or email me at dookie1481@yahoo.com (I check my email about 457845 times a day).

Mods, if this is any sort of violation of ToS, I apologize in advance, just trying to get the word out and hopefully save some fellow shooters a few duckets.

Jay
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:16:45 PM EDT
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:05:23 PM EDT
Why would you continue to work for a company that selectively abuses the Second Amendment? Or for a company that can't be bothered to stock the ammo supplies that shooters prefer?

I for one will not do business with stores that will not carry or order for sale firearms that are perfectly legal but which the store or it's managment find "unwholesome or unacceptable".

I vote with my feet and my dollar and head elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 8:20:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:15:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2008 8:19:45 AM EDT by dookie1481]
Originally Posted By thexrayboy:
Why would you continue to work for a company that selectively abuses the Second Amendment? Or for a company that can't be bothered to stock the ammo supplies that shooters prefer?

I for one will not do business with stores that will not carry or order for sale firearms that are perfectly legal but which the store or it's managment find "unwholesome or unacceptable".

I vote with my feet and my dollar and head elsewhere.

What do you do for a living? Do you agree with EVERY one of your employer's stances on EVERY issue?

I'm a 28 year old college student whose G.I. Bill won't pay for all of my expenses. I'm a double major in Math and Computer Science, I have classes that have one section offered a semester if I'm lucky, so I found a job that's as flexible as possible with regards to my scheduling and availability.

Yeah it sucks that they won't sell EBRs, but it always cracks me up that the tinfoil hatters chalk it up to them "selectively trampling your 2A rights". I think that in reality they are just terrified of litigation, like they seem to be about everything else. Shop there or don't, I don't really give a fuck. But some of us can't just pick up and find a new job if we don't agree with our employer's policies.

Did everyone quit Cooper Firearms?

I doubt it.

Jay
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:19:06 AM EDT
Oh yeah, and "what the shooters prefer" is cheap ass plinking ammo. Sorry, but the arfcom crowd, whether you believe it or not, is representative of a very small minority in the world.

Most of the people I sell shotguns to really believe that all they have to do is rack the slide and prospective robbers will evacuate their bowels and flee.

Yeah, I wish we carried Gold Dots and SXT and blah blah blah, but most people couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:11:12 PM EDT
It's a job.....

At least he is promoting the RKBA by coming here and saying what the company offers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:25:44 PM EDT
so xray boy the ball is in your court. You live in the USA, do you agree with all of the policies made by the government? the brady bunch enacted the gun ban...and you are still living in the USA.... stop whining and thank the guy for some information we all can use. At least they still stock ammo and some weapons and are willing to special order some weapons.

If you don't like the store policies ....... don't shop there

I work for MGM Mirage, that does'nt mean I agree with all of the policies of the company.

Its a job. Good job and well said dookie. I feel for you. In this present economy all of us who have jobs should be very thankful.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:36:39 AM EDT
Thanks dook!

Last time I checked, a private company cannot violate anybody's rights nor can they "abuse" any amendment. It's their right to do whatever the hell they want. While I whole heartedly agree with your ideal of not patronizing a store whose workings you dislike (i've been known to do the same more than once), take a chill pill

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:33:08 AM EDT
+1 for dookie. Thanks for the info and trying to get us what we want, good lookin out. Sports Authority's police may suck but at least they are paying for brotha to get through college and put food on the table.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:32:42 AM EDT
Thanks for the info Dookie.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:48:50 AM EDT
Got a few coupons for Thanksgiving Day. 35% off of entire purchase, EXCEPT AMMO AND FIREARMS (and Titlest ProV1s for you golfers). Yeah I know, it sucks, but I know some of you spend money on things others than gats. Anyway, first 3 IMs will each get one, GOOD ONLY ON TURKEY DAY. Gotta come pick them up at the store, I'll be there all day.

Jay
Top Top