Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/28/2004 4:41:23 PM EST
Anybody know? I go to church with the 96 rock program director, and he was so depressed-looking for the first month after "The Incident" that I hesitate to ask him about it.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:06:21 PM EST
They're still getting paid by Clear Channel until 12/31. Larry says he'll be back on Atlanta radio in '05 without Eric. Eric has a website www.madpundit.com and he's stated he wants a political oriented talk radio show. Larry still posts on regularguys.com and he'll have a new regular guy partner.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:57:40 PM EST
Also, What the hell happened to 93 A 1.5 hour one way commute gets mighty long .
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:12:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By 006:
Also, What the hell happened to 93 A 1.5 hour one way commute gets mighty long .

All the people who listened to it finally died.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:55:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 6:56:57 PM EST by 006]
Dave FM sucks. 96 is better than it was .
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:07:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/29/2004 3:08:55 AM EST by Hobbit]
We used to listen to Z93 at work. Some days it seemed that they had about 5 CD's in a changer and put it on shuffle. Then they got better and added another 3 CD's to the mix. Slightly less repetitive.

Apparently, somebody knew that change was in the wind. About 2 weeks before the change, Kim Petersen called Z93 a "schizophrenic programming nightmare" on the air.

Currently, I like Dave FM. My boss (20 years older than me) and the tech (10 years older than me) hate it. It's the only station around where you can hear Modest Mouse and Zep back to back.

Because majority rules at the clinic, I have to suffer through some hideous adult contemporary music at work some days. Whatever we were listening to Friday... well, let's just say that Celine Dion (who may, in fact, be the Devil) was as hard-core as it got. I nearly called OSHA to complain about my work environment.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:13:03 PM EST
DaveFM is a whole better than Z93 was. especially in the morning. that crew on Z93 was a bunch of cry-baby liberals. that asshat art merring must be eating crow that he now works at WGST a conservative talk station. friggin commie.

atlanta radio sucks. and i mean sucks the big one. bob and tom blow, 99X is a bunch of whiney bitches and dont even get me started on the homie stations. F atlanta radio, i bought an iPod.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:42:55 PM EST
Considering it's population, Atlanta has a shitty radio station selection. 4+ million people in the metro area and the best we can come up with is 99x, 96rock, and Dave FM. Even our college radio stations suck ass.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:12:26 PM EST
Guys, Listen to 105.3
That is the best. Schnitt show is the best. You people would like it.
Check it out hereSchnittShow

I listen to it online here in SC. It is great.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:58:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By Blackriflefever:
Guys, Listen to 105.3

The schnitt show is just the MJ in the morning show after it went off the air with WMAXX 105.3 which I miss. I don't like the new talk format there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:04:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By the_reject:
Considering it's population, Atlanta has a shitty radio station selection. 4+ million people in the metro area and the best we can come up with is 99x, 96rock, and Dave FM. Even our college radio stations suck ass.

The selection there is bad, but I think its good compared to what I I get. I dont even turn on the radio.

Anyway thats what the spindel of CDs in the floorbaord is for. Apprx 60 hours of diffrent stuff there.

I also rip streaming radio from good stations, convert it and burn more Cd selection.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:27:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By mpearcex:

Originally Posted By Blackriflefever:
Guys, Listen to 105.3

The schnitt show is just the MJ in the morning show after it went off the air with WMAXX 105.3 which I miss. I don't like the new talk format there.

MJ in the morning is on another station, now. Schnitt is on in the afternoon. Same guy, different shows. Like we wouldn't notice.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:23:09 AM EST
MJ/schnitt is a big pussy. i gave it a chance until he tore into a listener who had emailed him about being hawkish and pro-war. the emailer was a soldier who had fought in both AFG and iraq and challenged mj/schnitt on his tough talk and "we" statements and challeneged him to put his money where his mouth is. and he launched into the guy on the air. he was really mean about it and made these lame arguments about how at 36 he is too old to serve or maybe he would. i immediately thought to myself well 9/11 was 3 years ago and we had a 33yr old guy at parris island when i went. plus what has the prick been doing for the last 36yrs. selfish, pussy blowhard. its ok not to join the military. but its another to act tough and verbally attack a soldier on the air when he cant defend himself.

105.3 sucks ass because they invested 8hrs of their day into this asshole. its unlistenable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:04:26 AM EST
You guys might not like him but he is the next best thing to listing to nothing in atlanta.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:49:39 AM EST
negative, in the afternoons youve got kim peterson and shawn hannity in his timeslot. way better than that asshat
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:59:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:06:52 PM EST
Go to the AM dial. lots of good talk radio throughout the day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:23:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 4:44:53 PM EST by thompsondd]

Originally Posted By EOD:
Go to the AM dial. lots of good talk radio throughout the day.

Boortz in the morning, then lunch with Rush (Limbaugh, not Getty Lee and friends), followed up with Hannity in the afternoon (with Re-Boortz late)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:25:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hobbit:
Anybody know? I go to church with the 96 rock program director, and he was so depressed-looking for the first month after "The Incident" that I hesitate to ask him about it.

-Hobbit

He's waiting on the ass-load of fines that they station gets stuck with. This comes long after those ass clowns Larry and Eric hit the road.
Top Top