Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2009 5:33:02 PM EDT
So, I see enough guys posting that they are out of work. Some folks are having a hard time of things. Arfcom is a wonderful thing and the WA HTF is even better when it comes to helping a brother out.

IF it's possible, can we run this thread for a while (perhaps tacked), and have folks post that they are looking for work and what area they are looking to work in...

Something like the following format:

Current field/title: Software Developer

Other Skills: Systems integration, hardware design, Moose Barber

Fields willing to work: IT Support, Software development, Moose Barber, Construction, Hand model.

Area willing to work: Anywhere from Tacoma to Federal way

Suggested rules:

Post no resumes

Post no job listings, this is for the unemployed.

If you are employed, no posting. Plenty of folks here need a job. If you've got one, give them a chance.

Keep it to IMs (Treat it like the old EE)

If you have a slot open, IM the person directly

If you are contacted, and you don't fit the bill for the available job, no hard feelings.

Don't post anything about money, that's up to you to discuss with the prospective employer.

Leave your phone number/email/etc out of the thread, keep it to IMs to start.

NO shame in being unemployed, If you've never been without a job, you're most likely new to the workforce.

Again, forget about your resume in this thread, keep it simple here. Go into details off the board. Lets try to avoid hijacks while we're at it.

Prospective employers, if you can, peek in here, if someone fits your needs, get in touch with him/her. If that person does not fit the bill, no hard feelings.

If this is a stupid idea, Mods, have staff lock my account for 24 hours.

ETA: I know some of you guys have the best of intentions with the comments, but if we can keep the chatter to a minimum in this thread, it'll be easier for someone who's hiring to scan the prospects.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Take it you where one of the 3600?

Link Posted: 5/5/2009 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh btw I am all for it... Also maybe if somebody know of an opening they post it here like if sombody know of a Maintenance job or what not...

I like the idea
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Current field/title: (former) Service Manager/Maintenance Manager
Fields willing to work: Residential,commercial,industrial
Area willing to work: Snohomish County,North King

Link Posted: 5/5/2009 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Good idea PCR, this should be tacked.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Current field/title: Quality Technician - ASQ/CQT
Other Skills: fork lift, warehouse, data entry, Harley repair
Fields willing to work: Aerospace, manufacturing, wherever you need me.
Area willing to work: Anywhere from Tacoma to Seattle
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd also suggest no recruiters. Damn fools have only been a drain on my time.

Link Posted: 5/6/2009 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Current field/title: Warehouse Manager
Other Skills: Asbestos removal, forklift, cash handling, cell site install, insulation, sheetrock, roofing, low voltage, tech support, driver
Fields willing to work: construction, IT, wholesale, warehouse, logistics, lead abatement
Area willing to work: I usually look from Lynnwood to Burlington, but could go further
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Tippity top!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tippity top!

thanks pcr...haven't seen it before Phil pointed it out....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Current field/title: Was Help Desk aka End User Support
Other Skills: Build/Repair pcs, excellent customer service
Fields willing to work: IT Support, software testing, hardware testing, dispatching, security
Area willing to work: Anywhere from Mt. Vernon to Tukwila
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Current field/title: Clerical / Customer Service / Admin. (Also part-time student)

Other Skills: MS Office, Packing and Shipping, Cash Handling, Inventory, Opening/Closing

Fields willing to work: Admin./Clerical, Call Center, Customer Service, or Anything that requires organization

Area willing to work: Seattle-Everett
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fields willing to work: Admin./Clerical, Call Center, Customer Service, or Anything that requires organization

I saw a receptionist position @ a Marysville Vet. clinic the other day. I can get more info on Wed. if you want.

Or maybe DoberDude can drive down the road from his house and get their number off their roadside sign (two blocks from the Chevy Dealer).
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Current field/title: Clerical / Customer Service / Admin. (Also part-time student)

Other Skills: MS Office, Packing and Shipping, Cash Handling, Inventory, Opening/Closing

I have a friend who was looking for an Admin Assistant; I'll check with her and if she still is, I'll IM you the contact info.

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#14]
City of Seattle is still running an advertisement on the Sounder to recruit 9-1-1 Dispatchers.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Updating now that I'm actually unemployed.

Current field/title: Security System Administration / Door Handset Installation and Troubleshooting.

Other Skills: MS Office Suite, Shooting Things, Learn pretty much anything quickly

Fields willing to work: Security Systems, Physical Security, Facility Maintenance, Anything you think I can pick up quickly, clerical (fuck it, moneys money)

Area willing to work: Within 1hr commute from Kenmore.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 3:01:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Current field/title: 3D production artist
Other Skills: traditional art skills, previsualization, rendering, print and publication design, video / film post production and film effects, compositing, musical composition, research, animation, computer assembly, repair and low-level maintenance, extremely fast typist, possibly can parlay 3D skills and experience into CAD work or digital drafting / mech drawing
Fields willing to work: Any
Area willing to work: I-90 corridor, as well as along SR202/203 and Highway 18

Digital portfolio of my work, including resume, available at www.garagebay9.com.  References available upon request.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Current Field = Service Electrican
Other Skills = Anything Electrical
Fields willing to work in = Anything
Area willing to work = Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, etc. (live in Monroe)
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Current field/title: Hotel Maintenance Engineer
Other Skills: Commercial refrigeration & appliance repair, PC hardware & notebook repair, image builds & rollouts, help desk experience, meticulous mechanical and technical skills, strong customer service skills.
Fields willing to work: Open
Area willing to work: Greater Seattle area including Everett and the East Side
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm currently looking for work, part or fulltime.

Current field/title: Facilities Maintenance, Property/General Managment. Looking to get into Dispatch Security or LE.

Other Skills:
•Responsibility and Initiative shown as owner/operator of two profitable businesses.
•Ability to interact with public professionally, shown in fifteen years of experience in customer service and support, including seven years in business management.
•Four years active duty in Coast Guard, much of it spent doing fisheries boardings and public safety patrols.
•Obtained top-secret clearance with access; experience in encryption, encryption equipment and the safe handling and storage of sensitive materials.
•Experienced in communication systems and procedures.
•Participant in multiple drug interdictions along West Coast.
•Experience managing small teams in difficult environments.
•Military and civilian firearms training.
•Trained in shipboard firefighting procedures.
•Experience in hazardous materials management, training and storage.

Fields willing to work: Small Buisness, Local Government, Maritine, Construction.

Area willing to work: North End; Bellview to Marrysville, North Seattle and East Side.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#20]
My office may be looking for someone in the near future.

-Series 7 is a must have

-quick books knowlege

-some type o tax background

I'll post more as I hear more abou the opening.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Harbor Freight in Renton/Kent (near IKEA) has a big "NOW HIRING" sign on their building.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I might have to check into this one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I was told my contract was not going to be extended.

A couple days later I was given two weeks notice.  That was this past Monday, so my last day is a week from today.

Yes, I am both unhappy and happy about this - no regular paycheck and yet, I don't have to deal with the wackiness that is a development job with no development.

Of course, taking a 2.5 billion dollar write down because you won't be able to sell product you had planned on, doesn't help the company

Wow, I own page two! Cool!

Will I be at PCR's for beer and ribs? That is yet to be seen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Wholesale Sports in Federal Way (former Sportsman's Warehouse) had some NOW HIRING signs up on the front door and in the customer service area.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the tip.
It can't be any worse than the fair.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Field Service Engineer needed.  
Needs min AAS in electronics
Strong electro/mech skills.
Compressed work week 12 hour shifts.
Night shift.
Cleanroom, meaning Gortex bunny suit.
Job maintaining Factory Automation equipment.
Job is in Hillsboro OR.  
Medical, dental, vision, 401K.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Got this in email this morning....

Hope all is well - I did want to see if you could recommend anyone for this contract at Amazon.com -

Feel free to pass this on or let me know when would be a good time to talk.

Job Qualifications
- Expertise in Windows Server 2003 or later configuration and performance tuning, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later, LDAP and Windows Active Directory integration. Experience with network debugging and performance tuning a plus
- Experienced in deploying and maintaining large, complex software systems with exceptional problem solving, organization, and communication skills.
- Strong scripting skills in Perl or Windows Shell
- You must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a loosely structured yet demanding environment.
- We look for excellent communicators and multi-taskers who are also flexible, hard-working, motivated, and smart.
- A college degree or equivalent experience is required

Ideal Candidate Profile/Req Launch Meeting Notes:
administration and performance tuning of MS Windows Server 2003 and SQL Server 2005 or later is required. Self starters are a plus. Networking is a big plus

Cheers

Pat Copeland
H10 Capital
2401 4th Ave. Suite 480
Seattle, WA 98121
D: 206.518.5019
[email protected]

www.h10capital.com

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#31]
L3 Communications / Vertex
//www.l-3com.com/careers/search.aspx

Administrative Assistant I  LinkRK467351  McChord AFB  WA  Full-Time  

HSEEP Operations Task Lead (Bothell)  GSES JR463468  Bothell,  WA  Full-Time  

Instructor Pilot  LinkRK46787  McChord AFB  WA  Full-Time  

Loadmaster Instructor  LinkRK46768  McChord AFB  WA  Full-Time  

Maintenance Electronic Tech II (ALSS) CFS/CFT C7E11  VertexKR47360WA004  Oak Harbor  WA  Full-Time  

Mechanic, Airframe Repair CFS/IDIQ W.I. IMSWN  VertexKR47471WA019  Oak Harbor  WA  Full-Time  

Resource Scheduler  LinkRK46806  McChord AFB  WA  Full-Time  

Site Manager  LinkRK46825  McChord AFB  WA  Full-Time  

Training Device Technician  LinkRK46815  McChord AFB  WA  Full-Time  

Western Air Defense Sector (WADS) Staff Analyst (Various Positions)  GSES MS466523  McChord AFB  WA  Full-Time  

Worker, A/C CFS/CFT (EA-6B) W.I. CWA11  VertexKR47322WA004  Oak Harbor  WA  Full-Time  

Worker, A/C CFS/CFT (J-52) W.I. CWA11  VertexKR47357WA004  Oak Harbor  WA  Full-Time  

Worker, A/C EA-18G CFS/CFT W.I. CWA11  VertexKR47331WA004  Oak Harbor  WA  Full-Time
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
snip

If only....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top