Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2008 2:12:57 PM EDT
I will see ya there!

Plenty of room on the Effingham,Vandalia,Litchfield bus.

IGOLD Info
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going. Coming from the Granite city area. Bringing at least 2-3 more with me. So where and when is the Arfcom gathering at IGOLD?
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be on the Dundee/Aurora bus
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to try to make it down.  I'm taking 18 hours of classes right now, and I'm having a couple problems at the moment.

You all know how much guns mean to me, and it is going to be pretty important to keep me from going.

Tentatively speaking, I'll be there.  I withhold the right to cancel at the last minute if there are any problems.  There is only one thing in my life that trumps pistols and that is my $10,000 a semester tuition (I get no financial aid)

Bob
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Join me on the Englewood bus!
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking for a reason to go. Click here

You have to be getting tired of this Crap!

And there is a lot more ahead.
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Aye, from Peoria area.

ETA: Cant, I feel bad about it. I went last year though, have fun everybody.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 2:50:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm planning to go again this year.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going.  I am going to try to drag my brother and a buddy or two along.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
dad and i for sure are taking off work and going up.  i might have at least another.

jake

i just go for the free beer -KIDDING ONLY KIDDING!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I was asked to be a bus captain on the one of possibly two buses coming from Champaign.

I probably won't be wearing one of those gold t-shirts, though.  Probably khakis or perhaps 5.11s and a dress shirt.

We'll probably be heading out sooner rather than later as we've got our monthly Guns Save Life meeting later that same night.

It will be fun.

John
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got a vacation day scheduled.
I'll prolly drive.........I like loud music and smoking on road trips :-)

ckmorley
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#12]
We will be there. Last year was great, I expect this year will be better, and more important.
Brian
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Proposed Legislation in Illinois

Click on the above link if you are looking for a reason to make IGOLD.
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I think that I am going to go.
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah. I wouldn't miss it.

JR
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Kinda forced to being it's only 3 miles away. If anyone needs info on Springfield let me know.

ps -           Stay away from the gun shops they all suck for the most part.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#18]
We will both be there again this year. Hopefully the turn out will be even bigger than last year, we need it!
Brian
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I would like to go but I have no one to watch the son or pick up the daughter in the afternoon. if anyone is comming from the oak lawn area tell them i am with you. personally if i was able to have a nice chat with my rep i would dare them to actually look up the facts on crime rates and the stats where CCW is allowed compared to where it is not. and then tell them to say that gun control actually works AFTER having HARD FACTS!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I'll be on the Dundee Bus.  Was hoping maybe Don from D&J might have gotten a bus here in McHenry/Lakemoor.

Oh well, Rt. 31 shouldn't be too bad at 5:00am.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking forward to meeting people on the Dundee bus. [I'll be the middle age? dude with the Antietam Battlefield hat on.]
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I was thinking of business attire.  Does it really make a difference?  I will not come looking like a bum, and I am more than happy to don a suit (I do it every Sunday) but, if the majority of IGOLDers/ARFCOMMERs aren't dressing up, then I will follow the crowd.  Nicer jeans and button down works well for me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll be there.  They are supposed to plug IGOLD on WLS 890 AM at 9:00 am tomorrow on Jerry Agar.

illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8710
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I was thinking of business attire.  Does it really make a difference?  I will not come looking like a bum, and I am more than happy to don a suit (I do it every Sunday) but, if the majority of IGOLDers/ARFCOMMERs aren't dressing up, then I will follow the crowd.  Nicer jeans and button down works well for me.

At last business casual attire is in order.
Leave the jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc. at home. Remember, the people we are trying to make an impression on are used to dealing with people who are appropriately dressed. To put it bluntly, you will strike more fear in the hearts of the politicians if you look like you are someone who will vote, donate money to a campaign and influence other like minded people. Like it or not, they don't see someone in jeans wearing a cammo Cabela's hat as much of a political threat.
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I have 2 meetings with clients and 2 phone conferences taht got scheduled for me by the boss so I can't make it...sorry guys.
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I really hope this small input from the members here does not represent a low turnout tomorrow. I will be there and was hoping to meet some of the members of the HTF.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 2:30:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I really hope this small input from the members here does not represent a low turnout tomorrow. I will be there and was hoping to meet some of the members of the HTF.

I'm sure there will be some HTF guys there, but unless you already know them, I'm not sure how you will know who they are. I'll be there, but I won't be carrying an ARFCOM sign.
If you are riding the bus, you might have the best chance to meet up with other politically like-minded individuals.
From what I heard last week, in 2007 there were about 1500 people showed up for IGOLD. This year there are over 3000 signed up. Hopefully this year there will be some media coverage. There was nothing last year.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I hope we get that sort of turn out. I will look for arfcommers but have no way of telling. I was hoping to get a gathering together afterwards but with most people riding the bus its kinda hard to pull it off. Seeing that most gatherings are upstate and not down here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, whats the AAR? Was it bigger than last year?
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Great turnout

Impressive march to the Capitol. We were at the back.

Ladies leave message for the Governor
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Great event. Thanks to all of those that organized, supported and attended. I think it was bigger than last year. It was definately better organized. Things went very smoothly.

The march to the Capital was very impressive. At least two city blocks of unhappy gun owners ready to let our government know that we are tired of the constant attack on our rights.

Thanks again to everyone involved.
Brian

eta: There were several people from the press. I saw two camera crews, and at least 2 reporters in the crowd taking notes. I thanked them all for being there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw a little piece about it in the Peoria (chan9?) news!

Link Posted: 3/12/2008 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Well, whats the AAR? Was it bigger than last year?

According to a few of the people running it, it was larger this year. Last years numbers were around 1500 and this year was 2500. There should be an official number sometime today. If we can keep doing that we will be able to succeed. I found Emil Jones hiding out in the closed and locked bistro in the basement of the capitol building. There were a few people that did not like so many gun owners coming. A rep from Chicago flat told us he did not want us to talk to him and to leave him alone. This year we had most of the building to ourselves and were not fighting the big union gathering that was happening last year. The rally idea on the steps was a great idea and should be done each year. I have a bunch of pictures being sent to me and I will try to start a separate AAR thread.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I was on the Dundee/Aurora bus. Had a great time. Was nice to fight crowds consisting of like-minded ndividuals. Met Armed-Not-Dangerous[Brandon] on the bus-very nice guy. Of course my rep and senator were not in their offices. Hope we made an impact on some of the doubters!
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#35]
It got press on the local college radio station, which means AP must have picked up the story!
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It got press on the local college radio station, which means AP must have picked up the story!

The Chgo Trib ran a very short AP reeport on IGOLD. That's it.
The lack of coverage should infuriate everyone..........
If you need proof the the MSM is anti-gun, there you have it.

We need to swamp the papers with letters about this.

I was there, but didn't stay past 4pm. An incredible turnout :-)

ckmorley
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I just wish I was there last year. It was awesome to meet so many brothers and sisters-in-arms that are fed up with the onslaught of nonsense Gun/Ammo laws/bans.

I for one am glad the ammo serialization bills were shot down.  That would have been the last of ammo being shipped into IL if those would have passed.

Met a fine fellow by the name of John from Kankakee area with his Buddy George!  Thanks to the lady that lent me the $5 for my meal! I am blessed to be in league with some excellent people!

Now I have to join a couple more Gun-Rights organizations.  I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines.  Let's motivate the other 2 million gun owners in IL!

God Bless,
Brandon
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#38]
i was there along with NATE7OUT and a friend
better than expected turn out  ,  good to see all the support  ! ! ! !

the march up the street to the capital steps was HUGE.

THANKS and KUDOS to all the IGOLD organizers , volunteers and speakers

Link Posted: 3/12/2008 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#39]
It was great!  The march to the capitol topped it off.  I hope they do that again next year.  I actually got to sit down and talk with Frank Watson this year.  It was the firt time we caught him in his office.  Great guy.  I feel good everytime I go.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Downstate,

Good to meet you, and I'll agree, sitting down and talking with Senate Minority Leader Watson was great.

Kudos to IGOLD organizers, very well planned, organized and operated event.  More people than last year and the parade was quite a sight.

I also liked when they talked about a NATO type attitude towards 2nd amendment issues.  That is, if you mess with one group, you mess with us all.  We have to reach out to hunters, collectors, plinkers, shotgunners, competetive shooters, etc., and all fight together to stop all the nonsense anti-gun laws.

Will be back next year, with more friends!

Regards,
Dave Miller
Altamont
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#41]
IGOLD is getting better every year.  My Wife (Valinda Rowe) was one of the main organizers along with Mike W the VP of the ISRA.  He made things so much easier to accomplish this year.

We had a fantastic group of gun owners...God Love Em!

Pic of all I could squeeze in my lense...Still can't see the end of the parade!

Thanks to all that came and helped!

Mike R

Link Posted: 3/13/2008 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#42]
my dad and i went last year and this year we got my uncle and my buddy to go.  it was good because my buddy was very ignorant of politics before and had actually asked me what i thought of obama being prez.  i'm sure you know how that conversation went.  but anyway he has changed his ways and is much more in the know now.  it was cool-he doesn't even own a gun but he knows he'll wanna get one some day so this was important to him.  it was an excellent time we had and we were glad that we had more events to catch up with this year during the afternoon.  last year there we really didn't know what to do after catching up with our guys.  the only thing i wonder is if there is any other place than the library for the luncheon.  we really enjoy rubbing elbows with other gunners from different areas of the state but we had to sit on the floor.  but that is a minor inconvenience all things considered.  we did a great thing last year and did an even better thing this year.  kudos to all those involved.

jake
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
my dad and i went last year and this year we got my uncle and my buddy to go.  it was good because my buddy was very ignorant of politics before and had actually asked me what i thought of obama being prez.  i'm sure you know how that conversation went.  but anyway he has changed his ways and is much more in the know now.  it was cool-he doesn't even own a gun but he knows he'll wanna get one some day so this was important to him.  it was an excellent time we had and we were glad that we had more events to catch up with this year during the afternoon.  last year there we really didn't know what to do after catching up with our guys.  the only thing i wonder is if there is any other place than the library for the luncheon.  we really enjoy rubbing elbows with other gunners from different areas of the state but we had to sit on the floor.  but that is a minor inconvenience all things considered.  we did a great thing last year and did an even better thing this year.  kudos to all those involved.

jake

Glad to see your still here . Had to go job hunting, new owners. IM later.

I fucked that up.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 12:05:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I saw a little piece about it in the Peoria (chan9?) news!

Dude,
Channel 9 News is Chicago, even here in Peoria!  Go drink another beer, and have one for me will ya, the wife is due in 5 weeks and she's driving me fucking crazy!!!  LOL
Creve Coeur, checking in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Swan  Hunter,

What a great picture!!  

If I had taken it, I would forward it to various Chicago media with a caption that reads "Chicago media shuns Springfield pro-gun rally. Media does not consider this event newsworthy."

Link Posted: 3/17/2008 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Good coverage of IGOLD here.

http://illinoiscarry.com/

triggerz
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Downstate,

Good to meet you, and I'll agree, sitting down and talking with Senate Minority Leader Watson was great.

Kudos to IGOLD organizers, very well planned, organized and operated event.  More people than last year and the parade was quite a sight.

I also liked when they talked about a NATO type attitude towards 2nd amendment issues.  That is, if you mess with one group, you mess with us all.  We have to reach out to hunters, collectors, plinkers, shotgunners, competetive shooters, etc., and all fight together to stop all the nonsense anti-gun laws.

Will be back next year, with more friends!

Regards,
Dave Miller
Altamont

It was good to meet you too Dave.  BTW, how did you know I was downstatetrapper?
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I thought when IGOLD was being discussed last year, you had said you from Cowden. Just put two and two together and took a guess!  And since there weren't that many of us talking to Senator Watson this year, it narrowed it down considerably.

Regards,
Dave
Link Posted: 3/20/2008 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#49]
You Sir get an A for today!  Elementary my dear Watson!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#50]
IGOLD photo found on AOL news.

news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/mccain-more-conservative-than-image/20080414101209990002

Go to the first picture and click the arrow until you get to image 4.

Maverick Centrist
Or Reliable Conservative?
4 of 6    

McCain largely sides with National Rifle Association in favor of gun rights. He voted against a ban on assault-style weapons and for shielding gun-makers and dealers from civil suits. Firearms owners rally last month against gun control legislation at the Illinois State Capitol in Springfield, Ill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top