Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2003 5:26:51 PM EDT
Stickerman and I built three moveable/free-standing wall sections and a window section for the COF.  I think I’m going to build at least one door section and some lower types shooting cover/obstacles.  Are we looking at December?

The black plastic used at the last shoot could also be used to fill in wall sections if needed.

HKocher, when we get closer to the next match I will tell you what I build and available for the COF.  If you want something built special, like one of the sharpshooter COF's called for a counter/bar, please post here or e-mail.  (MODCC web page has my e-mail)

A simple adaptation of this might work, but kind of close quarters?
www.sportshooter.com/cof_library/cofs/hellskitchen.htm

more COF's: www.tacticalshooters.com/COF/index.htm

-Duke-Nukem- had some good suggestions on basic layout.

Metalman get with me when you want to weld up the benches and more reactive targets.  I will also build the 4X4 post holders for the “crazy woodchuck speed shoot”.  I think a stump with the 4X4 cut in the top would make a safe stand if a cross base was attached to the bottom.  OH YA!

Cutter75 thanks for the hearing protection…my CETME and the tannerite were really loud!

Brad
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Brad,
Lets shoot this saturday at 10ish, then go clean our guns at my house, cut some steel...and oh yeah.....DRINK GUINESSS ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

All are welcome by the way...I dare ya!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give you a call...

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeff do we need some benches?  

I was thinking of metal angle iron frames with a replaceable plywood top?  Maybe 8' long, 3'wide and 36” tall, if we have the materials, we could put two together for the shoot.  Or should we focus on reactive targets and shooting obstacles?

Anybody have suggestions?  I saw a 4 foot tall hinged falling plates that looked interesting?

Brad

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
4' tall???!!!  Dude you've seen what even the meager 223 will do to 1/4" plate!!! That would take some serious steel!!! And it would be freakin heavy too!!!!!
Until i can stumble on some really big stuff i am gonna make smaller round/square/silhouette type targets.
I can make any shape, but for now I think the ones that take the best puinishment are the smaller ones....

certain people with ...cough cough....large caliber rifles seem to be biting off more than they can chew!!Heh heh!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
large caliber...WHO..MEEEEE..HAHA!

What I was thinking instead of a "large-wide target" basically a plate on a pole that is hinged on the base.  When hit it would fall back, and then we would manually set back up.  

Some of the IDPA target use this.  I am not saying at close range because of the fragments, but a 50 yard COF open targets to eliminate patching some targets?  

Just a thought...    
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Done....BIG BORE!! That should be your new nickname!! Hee hee hee!!

I agree! However i dont know that there will be any fragments of anything at 50yards...which is an ideal range for these reactive shoots.

just to let you all know the danger of close range reactive shooting. the last time cutter , me , and BetaMO were at Rudolph Bennit. Cutter was shooting a 1/4" plate at 25 yards with his little AR, when a piece of his slug's jacket came back and stuck to my shirt!!!! it was still frickin hot too!!! Didn't hit hard, didn't do any damage, but if i hadn't had eye protection and it decided to make its landing in my cornea, it would have been ugly!

50 yards is the minimum!!!!! Believe me!!!!
Anyway we are shooting with rifles not pistols!
Well some of are shooting pistols, but are being taunted while doing so!! HAHAHAH!

Just unloaded a bunch of steel and the 12 walls!!!

I'm getting wood tommorow, but it doesn't look like it will be near enough! We could use a bunch of 1" and 2" drywall screws as well. I really don't do wood that much...too splintery...and when you cut it wrong you cant weld it back together....and it busts when you bend it......I hate wood!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
leave the wood working to me.  

I'll get all my basic tools and bring some lumber and Guiness.  I really want to build a free standing door and some lower stepped shooting barricades like in the FDCC shoots, and some other "stuff".

I will be able to be at the range until 1pm (boss has a pampered chief thing?) and then I can be over around 3:30 or so.

"Big Bore"

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...fragments of anything at 50yards...which is an ideal range for these reactive shoots.

just to let you all know the danger of close range reactive shooting. the last time cutter , me , and BetaMO were at Rudolph Bennit. Cutter was shooting a 1/4" plate at 25 yards with his little AR, when a piece of his slug's jacket came back and stuck to my shirt!!!! it was still frickin hot too!!! Didn't hit hard, didn't do any damage, but if i hadn't had eye protection and it decided to make its landing in my cornea, it would have been ugly!

50 yards is the minimum!!!!! Believe me!!!!

I couldn't believe it!!!
I said "Damn, you've got to be kidding me..."
Then Metalman showed me the frag of the outer jacket...
Hummmmmm...
(So we moved the metal plates to the 50 yard range)

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top