User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2005 5:02:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Bailiff

NV, UT, and FL CCW Instructor

NRA Training Counselor (Trains the Trainers)

NRA Law Enforcement Certified Firearms Instructor

Nevada P.O.S.T. Certified Firearms Instructor

In a former life I was a Software (Embedded Systems) Engineer, and can program in several different languages, as well as get by with SQL database programming.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Small arms Instructor and Training Director of:

LINE OF FIRE, LLC
Professional Firearms Training Group
Las Vegas, Nevada

Basic Firearms Instruction (new shooters/children)
CCW Instruction
Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/MG/SMG
Intermediate/Advanced Firearms Training
LEO Training (must be current LEO)

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Industrial Arts Technician. You probably couldnt guess what all that entails and I like it that way. I dont like what i do at work and sure as hell dont want to do any of it when i get home. Basicly , I am of no use to anyone. Just ask my Wife.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Basicly , I am of no use to anyone. Just ask my Wife.

Got YOU beat!!!!!
I'm so useless I wasn't even issued a wife!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Basicly , I am of no use to anyone. Just ask my Wife.

Got YOU beat!!!!!
I'm so useless I wasn't even issued a wife!!!

Im on my second. I must have gotten yours by mistake the first time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Lawyer, practicing in criminal defense (all felonies, misdomeanors and traffic tickets) and personal injury.  We also do sealing of records, name changes, and abso-FUKKIN-lutely no divorces.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Waiter/Bartender, Hamdog's Restaurant, Gardnerville,NV.
What can I do for you?
Feed you and get you liqoured up. Hopefully not to the point that you'd need  Chiz45's services.
P.S. Chiz, I currently have an attorney that may force me to make a public apology about my previous comments about lawyers' worthlessness, as I said I would.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
unliscensed dentist.

unliscensed gunsmith.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What can I do for you?
Feed you and get you liqoured up. Hopefully not to the point that you'd need  Chiz45's services.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I manage a small Verizon Wireless store.  You need a cell phone, I can help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Gb is a great guy.

I switched from another company (my fifth) last year because of service/customer service issues.

To say that GB has kept my phones up and running is an understatement.

If you are ready to renew your cell contract, contact GB, he will square you away with professionalism and great customer service.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:28:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Elite Fleet driver dispatcher at YCS,if ya drink to much at  gunmonkeys place,you can call me on one of gunberts fine phones,and we'll save you a trip to chizes office
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What can I do for you?
P.S. Chiz, I currently have an attorney that may force me to make a public apology about my previous comments about lawyers' worthlessness, as I said I would.

i vaguely remember you posting something about that earlier this year?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Work: Nevada Test Site (NTS), security.  They are hiring.    
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I work for the North Las Vegas Police Department (leave the "gun in car" questions and comments alone, I didnt write the laws If you drink too much at gunmonkey's and dont call bthp on gunbert's phone, I'll take the report after you smash into something with your car. Then you can call Chiz!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I work for New York Life Insurance Company as a Fiancial Services Professional.  Licensed in Nevada, Utah, Hawaii, and Pennsylvania.  NASD Registered Representative.

Basically I help people make smart financial decisions through protection of your assests, financial planning, and using estate planning vechicles to pass on your legacy and reduce your financial exposure to risk.

No consultation or hourly charges.  Just a nice sit down.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
i work at a powerplant and on the ranch.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm general manager of  a commercial cleaning company ( banks, offices, no homes) I owned a capet cleaning business for 10 years prior to this. I can help you with general janitorial service for offices, carpet cleaning for homes or offices, as well as cleaning of tile, windows etc.

I also from time to time need cleaners to clean buildings. Almost all my cleaners have a day job and clean a building or two for me at night for extra money.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We need to talk.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm a Project Controls Engineer.  Soon, we will be hiring all sorts of positions from Engineering, IT, Project Managers, Admin., HR, etc.  You must be able to get a security clearance.

Check out this link and let me know what position you might like and I may be able to direct you to the manager.  I've been VERY busy lately, but I check my email daily.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm a Project Controls Engineer.  Soon, we will be hiring all sorts of positions from Engineering, IT, Project Managers, Admin., HR, etc.  You must be able to get a security clearance.

Check out this link and let me know what position you might like and I may be able to direct you to the manager.  I've been VERY busy lately, but I check my email daily.

Bechtel freezes up my computer every time I try to look at one of the jobs you posted.  Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
unliscensed dentist.

unliscensed gunsmith.

I thought you were a semi-pro Motorcrosser?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bechtel freezes up my computer every time I try to look at one of the jobs you posted.  Anyone else have this problem?

I think that's how they weed out people.  You must first be able to view the page before you can apply.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, page open up fine and fast for me.

The page is fine; try opening up the PDF for the job description.  Freezola.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Currently an un-employed truck driver....... Now employed...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Animal Control Officer.  I can help you out, if you want a ticket.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Wolfpack,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I have already IM'ed two people in my industry from this tread. Hopefully it will lead somewhere.

Thanks to you and everyone posting their information.

Paraord16

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Crap Dealer at the Bellagio, Like Crapshot, I am of no use to anyone.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, page open up fine and fast for me.

The page is fine; try opening up the PDF for the job description.  Freezola.

it should work out fine.   do you have the latest Acrobat Reader installed?  also, you can try saving it onto your desktop and view from there.  let me know if you need anymore help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I owned a capet cleaning business for 10 years prior to this.  

Did you run a Steam Genie "Sizzler", or the one before that? I ran the old one for about 3 years, part time,  before I came in the military.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Crap Dealer at the Bellagio, Like Crapshot, I am of no use to anyone.

Not true. You provide a valuable service reallocating the assets of tourists to the general economy of our state, therefore releasing us of the need to pay state taxes.
Besides, everybody has a place, even if it's just to serve as a bad example !
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm the System Manager for one of the Chapter 13 bankruptcy trustees.  Don't know how that might be of use to anyone, but there it is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Im an Air Force Security Forces member out of Nellis. Im only a source of irritation to the base population.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I run around in one of those yellow fire trucks, if you smell smoke give me a call and I will cut ya a Great Deal!

"G"

P.S. I am also a medic, this month we are having a blow out sale on Band-Aids
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I might be able to arrange something....
Give me a few days to see what I can do.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm a boomtruck/crane operator for D&D roofing in Reno.Can't really offer my services,but we do need a couple of class a drivers with hazmat/tanker endorsements.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Video Game designer.  basically, i make video games that you guys play.  If it werent for geeks like me, you guys your us might have to listen to our wives.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Video Game designer.  basically, i make video games that you guys play.  If it werent for geeks like me, you guys your us might have to listen to our wives.  

Wow.  What games have you been involved with?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.  What games have you been involved with?

NOX, C&C tiberian Sun firestorm, Americas Army, Matrix Online, Planetside, Earth and beyond, C&C renegade, C&C red alert 2, and yuris revenge.  

I wasnt a designer on all of those, mostly a tester.  

The game i am currently working on is Star Wars: Empire At War, Due out in febuary.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#44]
any lightsaber action in the new one?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

What kind of backround do you need for this?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
any lightsaber action in the new one?

I am not at liberty to discuss this unfortenatly.  But you might want to look up some of the screenshots, and ingame movies on www.petroden.com
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the listing for uniformed supervisors.

And for security police officers (SPO).

SPOs are union, supervisors non-bargaining.  Lately, SPOs get more hours (sometimes even if you don't want them).  The SPOs make up to 90-100K / year.  Supervisors a tad less.  IM for more info.

ETA: We carry 226R in .40, M4A1 (FA) and use M203s, M60s and M240s.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#48]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Work: Nevada Test Site (NTS), security. They are hiring.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I can help.  Sorry about the long post, but it might be worth reading if you want a good job...

The Nevada Test Site, like other facilities in the DOE/NNSA complex, is one of the great jobs to land for an ex-grunt like myself.  A strong military or security background helps.  Squeaky clean personal background and credit as well, since you'll need to be cleared to work around Special Nuclear Material.

The NTS is a National Nuclear Security Agency facility located about 60 miles northwest of Las Vegas.  It's bigger than Rhode Island, and has terrain ranging from nuked-out desert to alpine forests.  Don't worry, you're not able to get to the bad areas.  Your swimmers will be unaffected, so no need to buy lead underwear.  Just don't eat the dirt, and you'll be okay. he
The commute is long but there's no traffic.  45 minutes/55 miles from Vegas, 30 minutes/+-35 miles from Pahrump. A subsidized bus is provided from Las Vegas.  If you drive, expect to put 25K+ miles on your vehicle per year.  There are also rooms you can rent on site, and cost about $450 a month.

The pay is good, but only because you have so much built-in overtime.  Payday is weekly.  Expect to work 65+ hours a week, and make triple to quadruple your pay in the military.  The advantage is no extended deployments/TDY/pumps/floats, the protective force is unionized with a collective bargaining agreement (YMMV), and you get to go home every night.  I'm a field supervisor (LT), so things are slightly different for me, but I spent 5 years as a SPO II, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

You have to maintain a physical fitness standard (1 mile in 8:30 or less, 40 yard sprint from the prone in 8.0 seconds or less), as well as be able to shoot at 75% proficiency from 3 to 50 yards with the pistol, 7 to 100 yards with the carbine.  Our standard weapon is the M-4 with Aimpoint.  Our sidearm is the Sig P226 in .40.  You'll also be trained (or refamiliarized) with the same MG and GLs you used in the military.  All gear and uniforms are issued, and the company provides laundry services free of charge.  Expect random drug tests, random fitness tests, random marksmanship qualifications, and a yearly physical and psychiatric screening.

Expect to pull armored stationary duties, patrols, and convoy duty.  Soft-skin patrols are usually in 4x4 full-size trucks with red lightbars.

For the real high-speed among you, the NTS will soon be forming a SPO III program, which focusses on nuclear material takeback and recovery.  Basically, a SWAT team that recovers nukes.  Expect higher standards to get on the SPO III teams.

What HR is looking for: mature, level-headed folks with security/MP/infantry/police experience (though there are a lot of non-combat arms guys in the ranks).  Females and minority applicants are encouraged to apply as well.

All in all, it's a great job.  It's time-consuming, though, and constanty-changing demands from the Nuke projects calls for a constantly-changing schedule.  If you're looking for high adventure, and want to kick ass and crush skulls, this isn't the job for you.  We're not cops.  We're an anti-terrorist protective force.  We train and train to a very high standard, but most of our activities would be considered mundane for those who live for the next rush of adreneline.

The protective force is a good group of people, though.  There are many returning Iraq and Afghan vets from all branches of service among the new guys.  The folks that have been here a while are more than willing to help the less experienced find their way through a patrol, and as long as you seem like you're willing to listen, they'll keep helping you.  People with attitudes will be devoured alive.  Bullshit artists that always have a better story than the next guy are regarded with smirks.  You'll spend more time with your fellow SPOs than you will with your own family, so there's no need to feel like you need to impress anyone.  Most guards are pro-gun, political conservatives or independants, and pro-military, so liberal weenies will probably feel out of place.  Sorry.

Call 702.295.1600 and ask for an application package.

Best,
John Bear Ross
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#49]
D'oh!  f2 beat me to it.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Begining my 4th year of Dental school just as my buddy ARin is.  After that it is to The USAF as an Air Force Dentist (I owe 3 years but may stay in).  I do have a lathe I recently purchased and have been fooling around with.  I may be willing to let it be used if you have some previous time with one.  I won't do any work for you but the lathe may be available.  I also have some pretty extensive time with Gun kote and Dura Kote applications.   I have also built some FAL's in addition to the AR's so feel free to ask me any questions.   Like ARin I am an aspiring gunsmith, aspiring dirtbike mechanic and all around good guy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top