Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 7:41:32 AM EDT
Guys there is an Editorial in Friday the 6th Macomb daily Editorial page. This is the official opinion of the newspaper. It is highly supportive. They agree we have been treated unfairly. Astounding!

I have not located an electronic copy of it yet but you might poke around Macombdaily.com.

It would be nice to bolster AG Cox and State Rep Leon Drolet with some Letters to the Editor. Might give thanks and praise as well as telling about the unfairness and severe regulation of our sport. Keep your letters kinda on the short side.he
Either send a printed copy or write an electronic version to:

Letters to the Editor
The Macomb daily
100 Macomb daily Drive
Mount Clemens, MI 48043

or electronic submission

email them to: [email protected]

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Saturday, January 7, 2006
Letter to the Editor,

The Macomb Daily Editorial was correct. Michigan machine gun enthusiasts have been treated unfairly for over 29 years since Attorney General Frank Kelly held office. This is not the only opinion or state law that treats the law-abiding citizens of Michigan as second-class citizens.

I must publicly thank State Rep. Leon Drolet and Attorney General Mike Cox for helping to restore part of our federally regulated gun rights. Wednesdays Macomb Daily article titled “Newer machine guns can now be purchased” touched ever so slightly upon the regulations we must follow in order to pursue our sport. In fact we face over regulation to the point of absurdity and face penalty’s of up to 10 years in jail and up to a $250,000 dollar fine should we find ourselves even accidentally on the wrong side of the law!

So the machine gun enthusiast walks a straight and narrow line ever so cautious against violating any law that would destroy our lives. What other human activity requires a person to be the near equivalent of an attorney in order to enjoy their sport. I can’t think of one.

We must comply with complex federal, state and local laws numbering in the thousands in order to simply secure and exercise our rights. Violating even one technical regulation can bring down the full weight and force of the federal government’s gun police force known as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms down around our necks.

Many non-gun people would say, “as though it should be” when it comes to the extreme nature of the rules and regulations we must follow. I say, “If that’s the way it’s going to be then repeal the federal ban against new machine guns, repeal the state law forbidding classes of short barreled rifles and shotguns and remove the barriers that stand in my way of exercising all of my federal gun rights!” I am licensed in many more ways than one, I follow all the rules and regulations, and I should be trusted by society and my government and not treated as a second-class citizen!  

Michael P. Sessa

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top