Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 7:14:44 PM EDT
I've got a response from the Senator about the letter I wrote her asking about and arguing for my gun rights. I'll post it tomorrow once I get it scanned. It's kinda funny.

EDITED TO ADD LETTER

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you ask her about her hair? I mean, for corn sake, it's not 1962 any more.

I can't wait to read it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
same here, where is it............
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hope she's changed her "well regulated" argument means that the right needs to be regulated ... cause I sent her back what part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Her staff doesn't even bother to write the likes of me back.

I'd probably ask about HER CCW, and HER AK with the uuber evil Beta-C magazine that she takes around when she wants to scare people into banning firearms.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
That NAZI cow's reply should come as NO surprise as she's ALWAYS made her notions of the 2nd quite clear. Here's hoping that her arteries harden and clog.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Uhhh....if the State militia is there to protect each state from a tyrannical government, than wouldn't it help to have the militia NOT be regulated and organized by the same government like the way the National Guard is?

the American people...,I regret to say, they have had far too much influence on the Congress of the United States than as a citizen I would like to see

do people not understand what a Democracy is?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:51:09 AM EDT
[#8]
This Letter from Feinstein is just sickening, I think I need to throw up now.    
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]
So the National Guard is here to protect the Sates from the Federal Government huh??  How come I just spent two years deployed under Federal Government control "defending" America then????? Man, I'm not looking forward to the politicians out there!

BUMP
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Is she honestly so stupid as to actually think that the National Guard doesnt belong to the Federal Government???   last I checked, they're part of the US Army reserve system, and ultimately under the control of the federal government...   maybe I'm not understanding reality

but its more likely that Ms Feinstein is disconnected from it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Apparently, she never read the DOJ's opinion on this matter. They clearly state the National Guard is NOT the militia. One reason, the National Guard did not exist until ~100 years AFTER the creation of the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Apparently, she never read the DOJ's opinion on this matter. They clearly state the National Guard is NOT the militia. One reason, the National Guard did not exist until ~100 years AFTER the creation of the Second Amendment.

You freaked me out for a second there. I thought that was CA DOJ's opinion, then realized it was the US DOJ.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You freaked me out for a second there. I thought that was CA DOJ's opinion, then realized it was the US DOJ.

It would be nice if that was the CA DOJ's opinion.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#14]
So being that I am in the "well regulated militia" this should mean my rights to bear these military styled arms are not infrindged right? Then I should be able to get any arms applicaable to the military so I can defend this state from the Federal Govt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Alot of people agree with her. She represents a state with 35 million people and they must love her because she keeps on getting voted in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#16]
she keeps getting voted in because too many voters in CA are poorly informed and knee-jerks at best... also, the way districts are drawn up in california, you have to REALLY REALLY screw up to get voted out of office (since you get to draw your own districts up however you like...)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
she keeps getting voted in because too many voters in CA are poorly informed and knee-jerks at best... also, the way districts are drawn up in california, you have to REALLY REALLY screw up to get voted out of office (since you get to draw your own districts up however you like...)

Yup. I am AMAZED at how uneducated the CA residents are... Its human nature that when people are comfortable where they are at they dont want to ripple the waters so they figure, keep the incumbant for that change MAY change their comfortable way of life.

Feinstein will retire from office. No WAY she is ever gonna get voted out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#18]
way too many sheeple in this state

*baaa*
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Her response makes me so upset, particularly because she intentionally omitted the section of the federal code specifically dealing with the 2nd amendement "militia" and defining it clearly.

The real 2nd amendment militia

U.S. Constitution: Second Amendment

Second Amendment - Bearing Arms

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Section 311 of US Code Title 10, entitled, "Militia: composition and classes" in its entirety:

"(a) The militia of the United States consists of ALL able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

The classes of the militia are –

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; AND

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

Sounds like Diane and all her favorite judges she listed completely forgot about this particular passage.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope she's changed her "well regulated" argument means that the right needs to be regulated ... cause I sent her back what part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Her staff doesn't even bother to write the likes of me back.

I'd probably ask about HER CCW, and HER AK with the uuber evil Beta-C magazine that she takes around when she wants to scare people into banning firearms.

I Know she has a little .38 snubby and a CCW I do not know about the AK...  Never got the chance to ask my buddy when he was working with her.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
way too many sheeple in this state

*baaa*

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.01

ETA:
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Her response makes me so upset, particularly because she intentionally omitted the section of the federal code specifically dealing with the 2nd amendement "militia" and defining it clearly.

The real 2nd amendment militia

U.S. Constitution: Second Amendment

Second Amendment - Bearing Arms

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Section 311 of US Code Title 10, entitled, "Militia: composition and classes" in its entirety:

"(a) The militia of the United States consists of ALL able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

The classes of the militia are –

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; AND

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

Sounds like Diane and all her favorite judges she listed completely forgot about this particular passage.

Just sent that to her. Also asked her to explain in english what makes military pattern rifles worse than "PC" ones.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I Know she has a little .38 snubby and a CCW I do not know about the AK...  Never got the chance to ask my buddy when he was working with her.

Isn't a .38 snubnose a gun that the libs would call a "Saturday night special?"  Oh, maybe she has taste and buys only well made, more expensive guns.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#24]
California is like a europian country, US constitituional rights are only optional here.
We get scared of madmen with assault weapons, and then make sure we can't stop them.
I was a Marine Infantyman, and the way I look at it, is my gun defends your liberty.  Wanna trade liberty for a false sense of security?  OK!  Just keep you hands off my liberties, thank you very much!

Rant over, back to your original programming.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top