Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/22/2003 4:41:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:33:15 PM EDT
See ya there ETH.
I'll be there late Friday night around 11:30 to 12:00.
Hope its dry out there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:42:30 PM EDT
See you there!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:47:01 PM EDT
ill and ene, when are you heading out, I may not be going until 5 or so, prolly have to work late.

I may just follow you guys.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:51:26 PM EDT
Hey Fellas, Not gunna make it this go around. I'm broke paying off pistols at the moment. Another 31 days and I'm 21. So far I got the 1911 payed off and working on the xd9. I hope to make it up to DFW sometime for a dinner after my b-day. We'll see.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:56:01 PM EDT
Are you guys still gonna do one of the 4th of July?

I might try to make that one.

Ed
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:17:07 PM EDT
Yep, we will have one on the 4 of july.

Tx, we are leaving around 6:30-7:00
we can caravan. I think Colin needed a ride as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:35:43 PM EDT
I'm planning on leaving NRH about 5:30 or 6:00. It looks like it's going to be just my dad and I. I think I'll be driving a burgundy thunderbird with 2 white racing stripes down the middle, so if you see me, we can caravan from that point on. I'm still excited! I'm still excited!

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:45:50 AM EDT
We're moving into a new house this weekend so I'm not gonna be able to make it. Dang it I really need the release of shooting right now. I hate moving.

Johnphin the road out to the farm is pretty rough in spots. Go slow and easy and you shouldnt have any problems getting in there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:49:30 AM EDT
if by chance it rains really really hard, you and that little car are gonna get screwed! lol. thankfully all the guys up there have trucks.

ETH though i cant make it up there this weekend, i will be honored yet again, to be your guest for the july 4th shoot.

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:44:33 AM EDT
I'm inbound, ETA 1700.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:03:05 AM EDT
Won't be able to make it, although I still look forward to catching my first fabled "Hun Farm" event. Have fun y'all. Videotape any really big booms for us vicarious thrill types.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:42:41 AM EDT
Y'all have fun. Us unemployed folk will just sit around and wish that we could be eating red dust and blowing shit up......
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:06:59 AM EDT

I'll hold the fort this time.

I hope you guys have a lot of fun, take pics.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:19:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

You aren't going????? WHAT!!!! And here I had all this 9mm ready to go...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:55:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Energizer:

Originally Posted By mojo:

You aren't going????? WHAT!!!! And here I had all this 9mm ready to go...

Sorry, bro. Have so much sh!t to do at home.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:02:35 AM EDT
Sorry gents, Psyren and myself are in Vancouver.....shoot some for us
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:10:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:02:14 AM EDT
LT

Make sure you visit the womenz and the river while you are down there!! I am jealous I havent been to the river in years..

Ropes
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:04:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:33:04 AM EDT
Well, it's a little after 4:00 AM Saturday morning, and I finally made it back home. I left for the farm around 6:30 PM Friday night, followed the directions to the dirt road, found some gates, but didn't think they matched the description I was given. One was unlocked, so I went on in, but the trial inside split off in severl different directions, and I didn't hear any gun fire or see any signs of life, so I turned around and came back home. I didn't want to be driving around someone elses property only to get stuck and/or shot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:25:37 AM EDT

Johnphin, look on the bright side( I hate it when people say that) some parts of that country got up to 6" of rain last night. If it came in there, they may stay there a while. Rain chanches 60% today.

Next shoot will be july 4, so if you go to it we will guarantee to get you in if we have to meet you in town. It is kind of tricky to find. Hit the gunshow today, ... fullclip
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:03:04 PM EDT
Damn Johnphin
You were there!
We were wondering what happened to you.
That sucks that you went all that way.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:04:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fullclip:

some parts of that country got up to 6" of rain last night. If it came in there, they may stay there a while. Rain chanches 60% today.

We had a huge storm. I road it out in my tent.
It was cool.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:26:31 PM EDT

leggs, did it get nasty? Lots of rain? Hope you had a good time anyway... fullclip

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:28:57 PM EDT
Damn! Today was a blast! After that HUGE storm last night! was fun 4x4ing in the mud!

We got everyone out okay... well almost. One had some damage while exiting the main gate...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:40:48 PM EDT

OK. times up. Where are the pics!! We want pics!!! clean up tomorrow. Put pics up now!!! .. fullclip

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:31:58 PM EDT
John, you were on the farm. Sorry to hear you didn;t make it.

ETH just got your message on the way back through wichita falls.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:17:36 PM EDT
I made it back about 90 min ago. WooHooo was that a GREAT time or what!?!?!!!

Johnphin - Buddy, I'm sorry you went through all of that, only to turn around a little more then a mile from the cabin. On the bright side though (if you drove the car in the pic) you didn't have to drive over 8 miles of mud roads to get out this AM. A very impressive thunderstorm came through the area at about 0030, and it rained sideways from the wind for over an hour, tremendous amounts of lightning. It was a true spectical.

Raskwon - Thanks for bringing the popup shelter we used at the river! You get my nomination for the "Sparsky" award. (Sparsky, ya gotta be there to win. Sorry Bud! ) Sorry about your truck too! But don't feel bad, my windshield was hit by a stone and has a nice gumball sized chip in it. (No worry, it just adds character!)

FALARAK - Thanks for the ride to the Crowell Steak House on Friday. It was good to see you again, and I'm sorry you had to leave so soon, but we all understand.

ILikeLegs - (aka - "Riding The Storm Out") Thanks for bringing the tannerite!

TxLewis - Thanks for letting me finger fvck that lightweight carbine, she is a sweetie! And also for the Jack Daniels, and for a most impressive display of acceleration on 287. That Beemer moves like a scalded cat!

Energizer - Thanks for blazing the trail to the front gate this AM, and for being there in case any of us got stuck!

EricThe(HostWithTheMost)Hun - What can I say except, THANKS! THANKS A BUNCH!! It didn't dawn on me until I left the caravan at 380, but I didn't give you any cash for the trip to Margaritaville. I'll bring enough juice for two rounds of Top Shelf on my next trip. Also, thanks for all of the small key things you do for so many of the Texas Crew. If there is anything I can do for you, please ask!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:33:20 PM EDT

Glad you guys have a lot of fun. Also glad that the heat was not a factor.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:44:08 PM EDT
Well, I would like to go July 4th, but I have to ask the fiance. If all goes according to plan, we will be married by then, so she may say no. I'm hoping that I can talk her into going. After seeing the roads in and out of that place, if it rains next time, I want to ride with someone who has a truck!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:51:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Johnphin:
but I have to ask the fiance. so she may say no. I'm hoping that I can talk her into going.

Dude, your starting off on the wrong foot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:11:15 PM EDT
It looks like I can't go... She has low seniority at work, so it looks like she'll be working. I don't want to go off and leave her 2 weeks after we're married... I'm sure she'd let me, but I'll need some convincing before thinking that it's the nice thing to do.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:03:48 PM EDT
John, that is the correct decision on 2 fronts.

It will be hotter than hell in July.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:31:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DPeacher:
EricThe(HostWithTheMost)Hun - What can I say except, THANKS! THANKS A BUNCH!! It didn't dawn on me until I left the caravan at 380, but I didn't give you any cash for the trip to Margaritaville. I'll bring enough juice for two rounds of Top Shelf on my next trip. Also, thanks for all of the small key things you do for so many of the Texas Crew. If there is anything I can do for you, please ask!

Yes. Its the litle things that count, in this case. The key is having a Jeep to get in and out of the farm, without worry. As I type this on my keyboard, I just remembered something. Sometimes I was able to get digital service out there on my cell phone, but mostly it kept switching to analog. I am wondering if that's part of my digital service for wireless internet... I'll try and bring a computer next time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:46:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:50:33 PM EDT
Happy to hear everyone had fun. We still haven't had our baby yet. Any day now. I worked the whole weekend in the ER but I was thinking of ya'll.

John, sorry to hear you made it the entire way just to turn around and go back. That really sucks. At least you had a nice, long drive away from the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:57:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By lordtrader:
Well, who is going to call another members employer?

Of course it will not be to get him/her fired. Just to get some silly pics removed.

Any incriminating pics of hotdogs lying around

I hope that someone posts some pics soon. I am going thru some severe withdrawals here... fullclip
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:11:47 PM EDT
I had a blast at the farm this weekend. I wish to thank our gracious host Eric the Hun for providing the great Windex and topshelf drinks, and for allowing the dfw crew to camp out and have fun at his place.

I want to thank Txlewis for allowing me the use of his spare ar15.

My thanks to everyone who attended I enjoyed having a relaxing and fun time together.

My truck did suffer a battle wound at the farm.
I have been able to pop 90% of the dent out just need to work on the last 10% and see about painting and buffing out the scratches.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:41:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:47:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raskwon:
just need to work on the last 10% and see about painting and buffing out the scratches.

I have some new sanders and some rubbing compound. I might be able to help-- its not hard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:03:13 AM EDT
There are no pics.
No one had a digital camera.
DPeacher and ETH had cameras that used film.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:14:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:33:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ilikelegs:
There are no pics.
No one had a digital camera.
DPeacher and ETH had cameras that used film.

All that firepower and no pics? Jeez, how can we start up a forum-disrupting internal war between staff without pics?

Sounds like y'all had another good time....things are looking bleak around here...look for a Thompson sale in the future if the job market doesn't pick up...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:46:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:49:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:
Sounds like y'all had another good time....things are looking bleak around here...look for a Thompson sale in the future if the job market doesn't pick up...

Boy ain't that the truth. I had a bright idea of becoming a Reg Investment Advisor. I have all the license. Only lacking clients. Well there goes that idea.

Been applying at car dealerships for sales jobs. One dealership flat out told me that I am over qualified. Can you believe that shit!!!

I was up for a Project Manager job at BP last week. Same story..."over-qualified" fucking bastards! Guess they're afraid we'll haul ass if the job market comes back and we get other opportunities....

I can't seem to justify the FFL right now, it's sad.. I can make more money on unemployment than as an FFL right now..it sucks!

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:49:01 AM EDT

Been applying at car dealerships for sales jobs. One dealership flat out told me that I am over qualified. Can you believe that shit!!!

LT. "Tell the truth. Nothing but the truth, BUT not all the truth. So help me God."
Top Top