Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/22/2012 5:09:37 AM EST
I've noticed the "Signature Required" subject come up a lot lately; yes, it is a pain in the ass to be waiting for that barrel to finish your build, only to come home to a UPS InfoNotice stuck to your door because you weren't home to sign for it.

I don't know how many of you are aware, but there is a solution that enables you to receive signature-required packages, even when you are not at home.

Go here: UPS My Choice

Register- it's free, and the CIA is not going to come shoot your dog!

After you register, you can log into UPS My Choice, enter a tracking number for an expected package that requires a signature, and "Authorize Shipment Release." When the man in the BBT shows up with your stuff, his DIAD (that thing he carries that looks like a Speak and Spell) will tell him that the package has already been signed for, and he will leave it on your doorstep.

Too easy!

*Full disclosure: When I am not on active duty (I have been since 01 August 2011), I work for UPS in operations. I don't stand to make any profit from this, I had nothing to do with the development and implementation of this, and I didn't find out, myself, about the new system until about a month ago. I <3 logistics.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:28:23 AM EST
Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:26:01 AM EST
Thats some helpful stuff right there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:20:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:29:41 PM EST
Seems like a good way for packages to go "missing"
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:47:21 PM EST
A great service. I use it for changing deliveries all the time on packages shipped via UPS. If I am ordering ammo or something, I usually would rather it not go to my apartment office, and I often can't make it to the office during normal hours, so I use the change delivery feature to have it held at the terminal for free. The local one to me is fairly close by and not a big deal to get to at all.
Top Top