Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2003 4:54:14 AM EDT
What's up with this place?
Looking at the pictures from the last shoot, it seems that rifle malfunctions and general weirdness was the rule...
I wasn't going to mention my problems from Saturday until I saw those pics. Now I consider it a public service announcement:
C. E. is bad karma.

I took two guys shooting Saturday, and here's the brief list of things gone wrong:
AK: multiple jams (but never when I was firing it, so I couldn't figure out what was up)
FAL: Stovepipes, probably due to my inexperience with the gas system
AR: Multiple trigger pin walkouts
Revolver: Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang click. Bullet lodged in bore at forcing cone, across the barrel-cylinder gap, locking action shut. Nice. Had to drive it back into the case when I got home to fix the mess.
Also, I've destroyed the tip-up latch on a Taurus PT-22 (flew out of the gun in pieces) while there.

... So I ask those of you who have had malfunctions/breakages/demonic posesssions of otherwise reliable weapons, What is up at C.E.?
Could it be that spraying hot steel and brass cases on people has earned me some divine retribution?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:22:40 AM EDT
Look, I just do what my gun tells me to when I am at CE. Everything works out just fine that way.

I haven't really had any problems there.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:17:01 PM EDT
Been out there 14 or 15 times. Worst thing that ever happened was wind knocking down my target frame; on two different occasions.

Maybe it's just your time for bad karma??
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 2:57:08 PM EDT
Now that you mention it, once my target stand kept falling over...hmmm. Ghosts?

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2003 7:43:06 PM EDT by P806]
Voices....yes voices....kinda like a whisper in the wind. Once I heard "Your leader will lose his allowance" OH MY JEEEZE I thought, this couldn't be true, but enough said.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:15:46 AM EDT
See! This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. I'm calling the Sci-Fi channel so they can do a miniseries on it.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:54:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By P806:
Voices....yes voices....kinda like a whisper in the wind. Once I heard "Your leader will lose his allowance" OH MY JEEEZE I thought, this couldn't be true, but enough said.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:03:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2003 7:03:15 AM EDT by GAcop]
Maybe this is why I never go to any of the shoots there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:36:35 AM EDT
my problems at CE always have to do with OTHER SHOOTERS. the non-ARFCOM guys wearing camo who want to tell me my tele-stock is "banned and illegal" or that the bayo lug and flash hider is a no-no. i get a lot of dip-shit non-shooting cops who come ask me 20 questions about my "machine gun" i have almost stopped going to CE despite its proximity to my home.
Top Top