Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2003 4:54:14 AM EDT
What's up with this place?
Looking at the pictures from the last shoot, it seems that rifle malfunctions and general weirdness was the rule...
I wasn't going to mention my problems from Saturday until I saw those pics. Now I consider it a public service announcement:
C. E. is bad karma.

I took two guys shooting Saturday, and here's the brief list of things gone wrong:
AK: multiple jams (but never when I was firing it, so I couldn't figure out what was up)
FAL: Stovepipes, probably due to my inexperience with the gas system
AR: Multiple trigger pin walkouts
Revolver: Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang click. Bullet lodged in bore at forcing cone, across the barrel-cylinder gap, locking action shut. Nice. Had to drive it back into the case when I got home to fix the mess.
Also, I've destroyed the tip-up latch on a Taurus PT-22 (flew out of the gun in pieces) while there.

... So I ask those of you who have had malfunctions/breakages/demonic posesssions of otherwise reliable weapons, What is up at C.E.?
Could it be that spraying hot steel and brass cases on people has earned me some divine retribution?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Look, I just do what my gun tells me to when I am at CE. Everything works out just fine that way.

I haven't really had any problems there.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Been out there 14 or 15 times.  Worst thing that ever happened was wind knocking down my target frame; on two different occasions.

Maybe it's just your time for bad karma??
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that you mention it, once my target stand kept falling over...hmmm. Ghosts?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Voices....yes voices....kinda like a whisper in the wind.  Once I heard "Your leader will lose his allowance"  OH MY JEEEZE I thought, this couldn't be true, but enough said.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#5]
See! This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. I'm calling the Sci-Fi channel so they can do a miniseries on it.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Voices....yes voices....kinda like a whisper in the wind.  Once I heard "Your leader will lose his allowance"  OH MY JEEEZE I thought, this couldn't be true, but enough said.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe this is why I never go to any of the shoots there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]
my problems at CE always have to do with OTHER SHOOTERS. the non-ARFCOM guys wearing camo who want to tell me my tele-stock is "banned and illegal" or that the bayo lug and flash hider is a no-no. i get a lot of dip-shit non-shooting cops who come ask me 20 questions about my "machine gun" i have almost stopped going to CE despite its proximity to my home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top