Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 1:41:46 PM EDT
Well I was let down...some parts I was looking for werent there. Lots of way overpriced guns. Sold an AK and started looking at milled Norincos MAKS and SKS-Ds. Finally found a new unfired SKS-D that takes the AK mags $300 out the door in a private sale. Guy wanted $375 and I got him down to $300. The only other unfired SKS-D was $400 out the door so I got a good deal for an unfired one. I have the regular SKS paratrooper thats still unfired I have had for years. I might go back tomorrow...not sure yet.

OK, just added the Model "M" to the collection. Both guns are unfired. Picked up the Norinco Model "M" friday at a local gun show....$300 out the door private sale. I need the regular stock for the "M" like the regular paratrooper, they did make them for the "M" model. Well I think its time to shoot these babies. Snowing here now so maybe next weekend I'll heat em up.

<br>
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet deal. Let us know how well it functions. I have been thinking of snagging one off gunbroker. Theres a Vegas show next weekend so maybe I will run across one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, did ya' hook up with any AR15.com crew? I stayed away from that place my wallet is still intact
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey dogg, cool those guns out! I think the whole crew decided to just sit this one out.

Also LT, righteous find on those SKS-Ds! I've always wanted one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool, did ya' hook up with any AR15.com crew? I stayed away from that place my wallet is still intact

They couldn't find the snackbar again.

LMAO
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Steve, yeah I never made it to the snack bar...in and out yesterday and I didnt see anyone with a box of ding dongs . I didnt go today, not feeling to good. i might try tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Did the paras come from the factory with the slant brake?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did the paras come from the factory with the slant brake?

No they didnt. I put a slant brake on the regular trooper, I'll probably put one on the new one also. On the regular trooper I put the slant brake and perforated top handguard. Still unfired tho. Damn its snowing right now so that kills going shooting for me LOL.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I promised myself I will never go to one of these shows again. Each time they become a bigger and bigger let down.

I went on Saturday morning (worst time to go of course), spent about 2-3 hours searching every inch of every table. Found about 10 Romi wasr10's (zzzZZzz), a few Norincos (Mak90, AK hunter, Milled rec'r national match, etc.), & 1 nice Polytech. Overall everything is insanely overpriced.

Friday, my 2000 rounds of 7.62 shipped from cabelas priced at $107 w/ shipping each. When the guy at the Ammo booth told me they had them for $190 a 1000 I just laughed at him and walked away.

In the end I realized that everything I saw that I was interested in I have seen it on the net for allot less. AK-74 mags...cheapest I saw them at the show was $14, I quickly came home and ordered them from Copes for $5.99 each. I only found one booth with AK kits, the guy had 2 yugo kits sitting under his table. $180 and they looked to be in pretty sad condition.

Ive never heard so many people handing out extremely incorrect and BAD info it’s just unreal.

When some Joe-Blow walks up to you and opens a gym back w/ a Thompson in pieces and says "Do you know how to make this fully auto? You want to buy it??!?!" you know its time to leave.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Ive been going to that show for about 15 years when it was The Shotgun News Show. I was a dealer and set up there for about 10 years. I know most those people and I know who to stay away from and who to buy from. Never buy a gun from a dealer...to many walk ins and private sales.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top