Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 8:48:40 AM EDT
A friend of mine was getting married and I was the one charged with putting his batchelor party together.  We took him out to Selwood Farms to shoot Sporting clays.  We had a crew of about 6 to 10 guys.  When we get there and sign I bought him a round at the Five Stand.  Keep in mind he is a pretty good shot and normally does well shooting clays.  So we drive our carts down to the Five Stand Station and everyone gets out.  Before my friend can get a box of ammo out I grabbed one of my boxes and told him that they were old shells I need to get rid of.  

So we're all standing behind him cheering him on.  He just can't seem to hit any damn clays.  "must be the wind".  Four shots later.  "Is there something wrong with my gun".  15 shots later and he still hasn't hit one!  "WTF this sucks".

Then we really started layin into him.  "Don't waste my money, can't you hit one!"  (everyone is trying to cover their face laughing at him).  I told him he should use my gun, maybe that would help! LOL

So he's shot about 20 rounds and hasn't hit $h!t.  And his face is turning bright red with embaracement.

Anyone figured this out yet???   Got him a box full of blanks!  Thanks to Marks Outdoor and a brillo pad to rub the word "BLANKS" off the side.  

So I dropped a couple normal rounds in, same color and everything.  He nailed a clay.  His face turns back to normal for a second.  

Then we let him on to the fact that he had just shot 20 blanks.  Face turned a nice bright red again.

Well that's it.  

Anyone ever tried this before?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
wow, I never knew that place existed until I looked it up just now.  Looks nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a really nice place.  A friend and I go between tannehill and Selwood to shoot Clays.

they have 2 person and 4 person Golf Carts to ride around in at Selwood.  Tannehill has two person carts.

The stations are decent.  I would say that one or two throwers are down everytime we go, but thats really not so bad when you look at some of the other places.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for selwood.

Great place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top