Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 7:23:19 AM EDT
I listened to their bs about why its bad to have ccw in wis,what a bunch of crap!Did anyone else listen to them this morning? I tried to call them but could't get thru.They broadcast from florida last week and i was going to ask them if they felt scared about all the ccw people in florida and them broadcasting from there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Was this on Bob and Brian, or a different DJ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Bob and Brian are on the 'Hog' (102.9, the old 'Lazer') not the Brew.  Actually, the PPA came up during B & B's news segment today.  Brian seemed reasonably supportive.  He mentioned that CCW was legal in most states and that training would be required.  Bob and Cary (thier news person) seemed neutral.  It was quick and then they moved on, but I noticed it.  Made me smile.

Unfortunate that the DJ's on the Brew were anti CCW.  I like thier music format, but maybe that's just my age showing.  But I enjoy B&B's morning show.  Generally a conservative, 'common sense' bent in thier views.  And they are very willing to admit that they are idiots.

ETA:  The above refers to the Milwaukee area.  The Bob and Brian morning show is also now syndicated over much of WI, so others may hear it on a different station.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't for the life of me remember what station "The Brew" even is. 102.9 is AWFUL now as well. The only decent station in Milwaukee is 102.1 in my opinion. I heard an ad on 95.1 the other day supporting CCW. I have XM so I rarely listen to broadcast radio except at work anyway.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob and Brian are on the 'Hog' (102.9, the old 'Lazer') not the Brew.

Can you tell how much I listen to the radio anymore? I got confused.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I knew B&B (specificaly Brian) couldn't be antis.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#5]
the "Brew" is 97.3
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well that sucks.  I have a card in my wallet from a program director there for when my new band goes sponsor shopping.

Maybe the Hog would be better, they have a similiar format now.

Bob and Brian ROCK!!!  Who remembers "All My Packers"?  (Giving away my age here)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top