Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/4/2012 9:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 9:12:11 PM EDT by V12]
For such outstanding beer. Surly sets a standard that very few in the world can even come close to. Think of this as an online standing ovation, especially for this one, Darkness. To anyone that hasn't tried one of Surly's beers, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sincerely,
Your envious neighbor in IL

Cheers!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:37:34 PM EDT
I thought we set the standard for lutefisk.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:58:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 5:00:19 AM EDT by MNSmitty]
That certainly is good stuff!
Darkness from the tap, at the brewery. Nothing better!
I like almost everything they make. 'Smoke' doesnt do it for me, I just dont get smoke in beer...'Mild' wasnt one of my favorites either.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:54:41 AM EDT
I just picked up a bottle of Smoke. Haven't tried it yet. Sounds like I need to plan a trip to the brewery for Darkness on draft though!

To V12, I just relocated to MN from Chicago. Towards my last few days in IL, I was really starting to enjoy the beers coming out of Metropolitan. If you haven't tried their stuff yet, Dynamo, Crackshaft and Flywheel are all incredibly good beers!!!

Half Acre is just OK. I enjoyed their Daisy Cutter but that was about it.

While now owed by Budweiser (hence, InBev) Goose Island shouldn't be overlooked either. Pere Jacques and Bourbon County are both amazing. I never cared for 312, but I enjoy Sofie and Matilda very much. I just found two new beers from Goose Island last week in the bottle shop up here in Minneapolis. Pepe Nero and Night Stalker. Haven't tried either but I will crack them open this weekend!

I do get back to Chicago often as I still own a few condos there and have tenants to check in on from time to time. I'd be willing to bring down some MN favorites to you in exchange for some beers I can't get up here such as 3 Floyds and Metropolitan. Shoot me an email if interested. I expect to get back there within the next 2 months.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:19:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:34:49 AM EDT
best damn brewery in the damn country
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:35:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By stater02:
I just picked up a bottle of Smoke. Haven't tried it yet. Sounds like I need to plan a trip to the brewery for Darkness on draft though!

To V12, I just relocated to MN from Chicago. Towards my last few days in IL, I was really starting to enjoy the beers coming out of Metropolitan. If you haven't tried their stuff yet, Dynamo, Crackshaft and Flywheel are all incredibly good beers!!!

Half Acre is just OK. I enjoyed their Daisy Cutter but that was about it.

While now owed by Budweiser (hence, InBev) Goose Island shouldn't be overlooked either. Pere Jacques and Bourbon County are both amazing. I never cared for 312, but I enjoy Sofie and Matilda very much. I just found two new beers from Goose Island last week in the bottle shop up here in Minneapolis. Pepe Nero and Night Stalker. Haven't tried either but I will crack them open this weekend!

I do get back to Chicago often as I still own a few condos there and have tenants to check in on from time to time. I'd be willing to bring down some MN favorites to you in exchange for some beers I can't get up here such as 3 Floyds and Metropolitan. Shoot me an email if interested. I expect to get back there within the next 2 months.

Darnkess may be gone on tap there now, its a seaonal beer released on Halloween. I'd bet its Abrasive or Smoke on tap now as the seasonal. Or maybe both?
Top Top