Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 5:45:25 AM EDT
Got a call from Texas Star in Waco wanting to set up an interveiw (I applied there a few monthes ago).
I have a few question about them... (Only people with first hand knowledge please)

How are they to work for?
Hows the hours?
HOWS THE PAY? (since they wont tell me)
Overall, are they a good place to go to work for?

I need to make at least 1600 - 1800 a mouth to stay alive, so any and all real info will be appreciated.. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anything about this particular company but having worked as an Operations Manager for a Security Company in Dallas I may be able to give you some idea of what to expect.

the reason that most companies won't go into details is that each position and rate of pay is determined by the client.

If you are a commissioned officer (armed) Then the pay rate is a little higher. That said in that area I would not expect more than $10.00 per hour. Exceptions would be .gov contracts they tend to pay more.  

Most Private security companies do not pay officers shit due to the minimum requirements and large pool of potential employees.

You will have to be licensed by the state. Usually at your expense( $50.00) if I remember correctly. They may or may not charge you for uniforms.

If you are not licensed you will have to complete the required training along with every other potential employee.

Most of the companies all use a market survey to determine what rate they will bill the client for services. That said an officer who makes $10 an hour is usually billed to the client at $14 or $15 per hour. The extra goes for Overhead to pay office staff and maintain office space, uniforms etc.

Private Security is not a money making field for most employees. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as they pay me more than 1600-1800 monthly, Ill be fine... I hope..lol
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Well,  there is always the possibility for overtime. Some folks in private security are not reliable at all. Good Luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top