Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2003 9:02:13 AM EDT
i had a friend ask me today "so is it REALLY like that movie Varsity Blues"?? "when i told him, in alot of places...yes" he couldnt believe it.  i have two little cousins that play...i'm hoping to get home in time to catch a few games this year.  nothing like a good hometown TX football game!! gotta love it!!  how many of you guys go to games or have young relatives playing?  
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#1]
me
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]

i had a friend ask me today "so is it REALLY like that movie Varsity Blues"?? "when i told him, in alot of places...yes" he couldnt believe it.

Tell him to read "Firday Night Lights" by H.G. Bissinger. It's even more outrageous than Varsity Blues (which actually sucked) and it's ALL TRUE!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
What are the best teams around Houston to go watch?  
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm really not sure about houston area, i'm near corpus christi...and down there...3A i would say Sinton, but their kick ass qb just grad. i think.  and gregory/portland is usually good in 4A..but sinton whooped their ass last year....and 5A i'd say mary carroll corpus christi.  but like i say..i'm not sure who lost who...those are just the teams that are usually decent in my area.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
College Station has a pretty good highschool team,...oh wait, thats the Aggies, never mind.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
i'm hoping the aggies turn it around this year....R.C. was old and senile and wouldnt stray from that 60s style smash mouth football....no passing game what so ever...so we'll see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top