Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 2:57:34 PM EDT
I'm just a dumb country hick from Oklahoma now makin' a livin' in Houston.
My question & problem is; Isn't Texas being INVADED from or by Mexico?

Can't or Won't the Governor call out the guard?  Isn't this a state issue first??
I know the border is probably under federal jurisdiction but what about states rights?

I ain't no lawyer but I'm dang sure smart enough to know what an invasion is and how to counter-act it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Come on Governor, PROTECT OUR BORDERS.

Don't wait for a federal hearing, testimony, and all that  follows......if protecting the CITIZENS of Texas isn't a battle to fight for, I don't know what is!!??

Please help me on this issue!!!

Gracias, (thank you very much) Dave
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Gov. Perry alot, but he was Bush's Lieutenent Governor and the truth is that Bush doesn't really have any problem with illegal immigration. If Bush isn't going to do anything about illegal immigration, then Perry isn't going to do anything about it either.

Also, I had heard somewhere (and it could very well be untrue) that the only entity with the power to enforce immigration law is the INS. Local police, state police, FBI, ATF, CIA, none of them can do anything with an illegal immigrant. They can't even arrest them for being here illegally and then turn them over to the INS. They only time another law enforcement agency can touch them is if they are committing another crime in addition to being here illegally. THEN the police can arrest them and turn them over to the INS. But like I said, that was just something that I had heard and it very well could be completely untrue.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My CONCERN is ; How MANY border patrol or sheriff deputies will be killed in action before the UNITED STATES or ANY state bordering Mexico will take action??

Tension is high and starting to rise...........IF ANY other country did this we would have declared WAR on them.  If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Govenor of Oklahoma(early statehood of Oklahoma-1900's) call out the guard when he thought Texas was going to change the border between Oklahoma & Texas??

Govenor Perry could start a monumental program by protecting the border......IF only he would do it.

By the way......isn't his obligation to the PEOPLE of Texas??  You know, the people who VOTE??

Be a man,........LEAD..........PROTECT..........SERVE........or get outta the way!!!

Dave
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
OOOOOOOOOppppppsss.....My Jr. High (day dreaming) Social Studies lesson has come back to me.  I am WRONG....the governor didn't call the guard on border issues between Texas and Oklahoma.  He called them out  to force the opening of free state highway bridges across the Red River to Texas to replace toll bridges.  I did remember that the guard was called, an look at the issue.........Wow, to have someone to serve the people like that. And over toll issues..go figure.

Dave

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The person that acts first on the border issue could pretty much have any office he/she wanted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
This issue is a great example of how influencial the liberal agenda has become.  

For some ridiculous reason, border protection = racism in the liberal mindset.

Politicians are so whipped with this idea that they cower at the very thought of doing what is really right - their jobs!

I am so disgusred with the illegal immigration issue that it makes me sick.  

Nothng will be done until 51%+ of the voting public demands that something be done.   What have YOU done to help this???

CMOS

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My resposibility is to my family and myself.  Governor Perry AND the other border state Govenors  JOB is to SERVE THE PEOPLE.  This summer,(if they are still here) I will help with the minuteman project by giving of myself and money.

I will also VOTE(I"m a republican) for ANYONE/YELLOWDOG who will address this issue.

I'm too old for the military..........

I'll also tell at LEAST 10 people to vote on immigration issues and NOT the party.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
TX isn't the only border state-- others could do the same.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The person that acts first on the border issue could pretty much have any office he/she wanted.

Not unless they are willing to spend their own money to get elected... it is going to be tough to get donations out of Texas corporations when you just deep-sixed their pool of cheap labor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Perry has a strong chin and big hair.

He does'nt have to do shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Besides looking like a sheisty car salesman, Perry is a moron.  If he wasn't pro gun he'd be completely worthless.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Believe it or not...........I'm NOT out to bash Governor Perry.  Hopefully, I've started a fire that won't get blown out.

I didn't ever think I'd start to act like my dear old dad,nor sound like him, but I'm gettin' concerned about the United States and I think its time for our officials to do the same.

I just don't want any US citizen killed over a border that has already been established.

I'd just like the LAWS of the US enforced.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I can draw two threads together here. I went to the Denton Gun Show this morning, and spent some time talking to a couple of Texas Minutemen. They had some great video's, pictures, and other paraphernalia addressing the problem on our southern border. We also talked about Gov. Perry and his appearances there.

The one MM said Perry has had one well publicized visit there, but also a couple of more that were less so. In one case, he spent some time in a Blackhawk helicopter, getting a bird's eye view. No question he knows what's happening, but only time will tell what his response will be.

As an aside, my mother in law was visiting from Haskell. Perry is from Paint Creek, which is in Haskell County, but not the town of Haskell itself. She reminded me one more time how strongly disliked our Governor is, in his own home county. They hate the guy for changing parties (yeah, not too many Democrats did that while Clinton was President), and because "he's ruined Haskell." In other words, as a Republican, he stands against the Demo's rural set-asides for farming and ranching. Man, I only wish I could have a job where the .gov would pay me for not doing my job for a year.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Carol Strayhorn is running against him as a conservative independent.

I like most politicians whose campaign slogan is "One tough Tax fighter for Texas."
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My resposibility is to my family and myself.  Governor Perry AND the other border state Govenors  JOB is to SERVE THE PEOPLE.  This summer,(if they are still here) I will help with the minuteman project by giving of myself and money.

I will also VOTE(I"m a republican) for ANYONE/YELLOWDOG who will address this issue.

I'm too old for the military..........

I'll also tell at LEAST 10 people to vote on immigration issues and NOT the party.

Dave

I tell anyone who'll listen to vote on 2A/RKBA  issues first.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual...as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Rep. Suzanna Hupp of Texas

Most pols that have the proper backbone for that, will at least have a clue concerning border issues.

Despite our slightly-different approaches, I reckon between the two of us, we oughtta get a few good voters out to the polls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top