Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/7/2006 3:41:05 PM EDT
Woke up bright and early and made my way to steilacoom. First portion of the test was pushups, then sit-ups, then 1.5 mile run.

I passed all those. Then I had to go take a psych test. Won't know if I'm crazy until I see the psychologist on the 18th.

Then I had to go take a pee test. Should pass that

I have an interview on Jan 18th, then go to the psychologist after my interview. IF I get the job I'll either be at McNeil Island or at Purdy womans corr facility.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:49:18 PM EDT
Seems like a lot of work just to go to jail. Wouldn't it be easier just to go shop lifting at a Wallyworld?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:50:03 PM EDT
Good Luck Sir!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:24:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS_Coyote:
Seems like a lot of work just to go to jail. Wouldn't it be easier just to go shop lifting at a Wallyworld?[:K]

Unfortunately, not very many get to go to jail

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:24:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cyclic240B:
Good Luck Sir!

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:32:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS_Coyote:
Seems like a lot of work just to go to jail. Wouldn't it be easier just to go shop lifting at a Wallyworld?

LP pays crap. After a year at the shipyard, I am making over two dollars more an hour than my old LP supervisor was at Fred meyers after working there for 16+ years.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:19:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:
Woke up bright and early and made my way to steilacoom. First portion of the test was pushups, then sit-ups, then 1.5 mile run.

I passed all those. Then I had to go take a psych test. Won't know if I'm crazy until I see the psychologist on the 18th.

I have an interview on Jan 18th, then go to the psychologist after my interview. IF I get the job I'll either be at McNeil Island or at Purdy womans corr facility.

Isn't there a written test in there somewhere.....?

Either way, good luck!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:54:23 PM EDT
So, you're gonna be a 'screw', are ya...?
Good Luck on your career move!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:15:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:

Then I had to go take a pee test. Should pass thathave

Isn't there a written test in there somewhere.....?

Either way, good luck!!

I work for doc as a corrections officer and yes there is a written test of a about a thousand questions..thats not a joke, its really a thousand questions. Plus an interview with a shrink and another aptitude test. Then the wonderfull boat ride back and forth to the island every day. But hey, look at the good side....there are all sorts of special teams. ERT(emergency response team), SERT(special emergency response team) and the IRT(Inmate recovery team) AR15s, USPs and shottys are common weapons for most of the teams and facilitys. Anyway, good luck on you job hunt, I hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:08:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 11:10:26 PM EDT by R-32]
I used to work for DOC as a Corrections Officer...

Im still not sure if there are more crooks working for DOC, or locked under the care of DOC.

Anyway, Good luck..

I never had a more cake job.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:59:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Im still not sure if there are more crooks working for DOC, or locked under the care of DOC.

Anyway, Good luck..

wow, gonna take a shot at the whole state prison system. Guess everyones entitled to their own jaded opinion.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:32:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Leadpoisoning:

Originally Posted By R-32:

Anyway, Good luck..

wow, gonna take a shot at the whole state prison system. Guess everyones entitled to their own jaded opinion.

Hang around for awhile. R-32 knows his shit regarding certain items pertaining to the law enforcement community.

He should, he's been arrested enough!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:34:10 AM EDT

Good luck. I thought about becoming a Correctional Officer. Then I discovered it involved exercise and I was like....Oh HELL no!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:35:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 6:50:35 AM EDT by R-32]

Originally Posted By Leadpoisoning:

I worked my time at the job. (Twinn Rivers, WSR)

and I still get to spend lots of Quality time behind te walls.

Not a jab at you Leadpoisoning, If you have worked in the system for anything more than a few months Im sure you can tell your own story or two. There are plenty fo X- CO's locked up in Monroe for things they did at other centers.

All in all It is a damn good job for a younger guy, It is still underpaid, and I do have a prob with the old duffers working the units. If I did not make more $$$ doing what Im doing now, I would still be working DOC.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:22:31 AM EDT
Kill yourself now. Save yourself all the misery, whining and BS. They'll hire you, then put you at the top of their Sneaky People To Watch List. There is an army of dipshits in DOC who feel the ladder to success should be littered with the corpses of their co-workers. To the criminals, you are little more than spam. To the management, you are a potential liability, worthy of suspicion. After all, you want to spend your days in the company of known felons. I know I sound pessimistic or jaded, but, it's just my observation. Please deposit two cents. I spent years training DOC employees and working in the units. As a cop on the street, you're armed and moblie. In the walls, you are unarmed generally, and surrounded by cannibals and dripping steak sauce. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:41:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:01:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
Kill yourself now. Save yourself all the misery, whining and BS. They'll hire you, then put you at the top of their Sneaky People To Watch List. There is an army of dipshits in DOC who feel the ladder to success should be littered with the corpses of their co-workers. To the criminals, you are little more than spam. To the management, you are a potential liability, worthy of suspicion. After all, you want to spend your days in the company of known felons. I know I sound pessimistic or jaded, but, it's just my observation. Please deposit two cents. I spent years training DOC employees and working in the units. As a cop on the street, you're armed and moblie. In the walls, you are unarmed generally, and surrounded by cannibals and dripping steak sauce. Enjoy!

So it's that or stay working at Walmart for the next 20 years..........Hmmmmmmm

I'm not quitting my wally world job, just going to do it part time. Just trying something different. If I don't like it I can step back into Wally world back at full time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:35:57 AM EDT
This is a pretty good read.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:38:23 PM EDT
Good luck on the hiring process, Kooter!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:14:55 PM EDT

I'm not quitting my wally world job, just going to do it part time. Just trying something different. If I don't like it I can step back into Wally world back at full time.

Part time DOC?

Are you serious?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 7:50:08 PM EDT by MSKOOTER]

Part time DOC?

Are you serious?

The coma meaning he is going to do wally world part time, not DOC
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:15:11 PM EDT
Will they give you the ink-blot test where, if you stare at it long enough, you'll see a woman's genitals or worse yet, other "things"?

Freaked me out.

Different employer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:10:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MSKOOTER:

Punctuation means something?

DOC isn't a job for everyone, its good to see he is keeping options open.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:51:09 PM EDT

DOC isn't a job for everyone, its good to see he is keeping options open.

I've heard you either love it or hate it. Figured it was something to try out. If I don't like it I can go back until I find something I do like.

Wish I could find a job coaching rifle teams full time
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:35:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MSKOOTER:

If he's already comatose then he's got a head start as a state employee!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:51:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 5:51:39 AM EDT by 1911fan]

So let me get this straight: You'll be a screw at a purdy wimmen's facility? I'd like me wun a them purdy wimmens too!

1911fan
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:53:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911fan:

So let me get this straight: You'll be a screw at a purdy wimmen's facility? I'd like me wun a them purdy wimmens too!

1911fan

When I was at TRCC, we had 3 former CO's come into the system as Inmates over 2 years, all from Purdy....

Wanna guess what they got busted for?

No way in hell I would work at Purdy...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:53:44 AM EDT
Being raised in a small town like Walla Walla and having that concreate monster, "block house" on the hill right next to the game reserve it was serious reminder to keep it honest and play by the rules or become bubba's bitch and be surrounded by first class loosers. Many of my closest friends became imployed by this state system from medical care nurses to Correctional officers, some reaching the rank of Captain, and others becoming full time tower gaurds in the company of a AR-15.
Its a serious job, full of bull shit, whinny little inmate bastards, safety and security risks and enough internal politics that can drive most insane. Most C.O.'s last about two years and its time to move on to sell cars or realistate, or find a job with the high way department. I remeber back in the late sixties my mother worked with the female inmates for three years before they were transfered up state to new facilty for woman in perddy wa. I know the job looks good for the new guy that just finished school or is making pennies above minumum wadge, the job is no cake walk,....if you can get assigned to a minimum security area or work ranch for teenagers, take it and stay out of the high security bs for a more stable carreer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:09:01 AM EDT
Top Top