Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 4:22:48 AM EDT
So who went to the little bike race this weekend? I ran into someone that I can only assume was an ARFCOMMER at The Globe.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't me. We thought about going but we knew parking would be a bitch so we drank at home.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't go this year.  I raced it back in the day (BK, before kids).  It's a lung torcher.  Blazing fast.  No rest if you're caught in the back.  The accordion affect is brutal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah just from watching I was tired. Was awesome I didn't plan on it being that many people watching a bike race.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, most events in Athens are just an excuse to drink.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, most events in Athens are just an excuse to drink.

Yeah I realized that after asking the people if they were excited about the Criterium....."Whats that" Is that during Twilight?"
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I went but quickly got bored. I wanted to try some of that new terrapin, but it seemed the only bars with it had a massive line. The beer garden was packet too. So we hung out at the mellow mushroom area then left. I hated having to drink in the designated area. I think I got bored with it because I'm used to partying in New Orleans or Savannah.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top