Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:30:14 AM EDT
Does anyone here do work on treating termite infestations?
If so, I would like to talk to you.

I am in Cobb County.

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats up ?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Whats up ?

Over the weekend, I noticed damage to some panels of the hardwood flooring in our dining room.
I dug at the damage with a screw driver and found live termites.
I also went downstairs into the basement and pulled back some of the insulation above the poured concrete wall and also saw termites.

We just had a "liquid enhancement" treatment done at the end of August so I was shocked to see a live infestation. I wanted to talk with someone in the know to see if they thought that the treatment company did a proper job with the liquid enhancement.

Technician basically dug a shallow trench (about the 3 or 4 inches wide and a few inches deep) around the house and applied the chemical. He also drilled about a half dozen holes in front of the side of the house with the garage (in front of the side door and where the garage door openings meet the ground) and put some stuff there. He did not go into the basement or the garage.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you on a slab or crawl space?

It could be a pipe penetration, or crack in the slab they are getting into if it is an interior wall or floor area.

With the treatment you described it sounds as if they did a defined treatment as allowed by the Department of Agriculture. With the drilling of critical areas it might have also been a comprehensive, but you didn't mention bathtrap installation and if your on a slab that would have been recommended.

There is no 100% effective treatment when dealing with buildings, and mother nature. That is why choosing a reputable company who can back up the warranty is so important. There are some good companies out there, but there are a few in our industry who do try to cut corners.

I don't get on here a lot lately but feel free to check out our website and call me if you want some further details.

I am the Corporate Director of Sales and have been in the industry for over 15 years. www.peachtreepestcontrol.com

Just ask for Jason
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Jason -

PM sent.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Also please call the company who did the work and get them involved then call the state. Sounds like they did not do quality work but as stated that may not be the case. But do the right thing before you get the state involved. I have contacts with the state if you need them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#6]
A quick word of caution when involving the state. Even a quality company will have limitations and immediately involving the state can sometimes limit what can be achieved.

If the current company doesn't step up and quickly and effectively help correct the problem then by all means let the Department of Ag know there is a problem. Like all industries the government may not get you the satisfaction you think you deserve.

Most companies will offer above and beyond to make you satisfied. But the state will only hold them to the regulations. Which may be far less then what the company would have otherwise been willing to do.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It is always a good idea to call the person involved and work on a resolution before getting anyone else involved.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
IM sent in reply
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A quick word of caution when involving the state. Even a quality company will have limitations and immediately involving the state can sometimes limit what can be achieved.

If the current company doesn't step up and quickly and effectively help correct the problem then by all means let the Department of Ag know there is a problem. Like all industries the government may not get you the satisfaction you think you deserve.

Most companies will offer above and beyond to make you satisfied. But the state will only hold them to the regulations. Which may be far less then what the company would have otherwise been willing to do.

Just a thought.

Most times I would agree... But the pesticide branch of the Georgia Department Of Agriculture is not as bad as you would think.
I have worked closely with them for a few years and on a few special cases. I did four years of research and control with them and UGA on Formosan termites...(Formosans suck btw)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top