Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:52:03 AM EDT
I e-mailed Tenenbaum's campaign asking her position on gun control.  I tried to phrase the question so they wouldn't know which side of the issue I was on.  Here is the response:

Inez strongly supports the second amendment.  South Carolinians have always cherished their right to own guns for recreation and to protect their homes.  We take great pride in the top-notch hunting in our state, as Inez learned first-hand growing up in a hunting family.  As South Carolina’s senator, Inez will protect the rights of sportsmen and law-abiding gun owners.

The right to own guns obviously comes with a responsibility to keep them out of the hands of terrorists and children.  Inez supports the laws we have in place now.  But she thinks that in general, gun laws should be decided by the states, not the federal government.

Sincerely,

The first paragraph sounds OK, but then there are questions about how to "keep them out of the hands of terrorists and children."  The '94 ban did nothing to affect criminals/terrorists, and keeping me from buying a gun won't stop a terrorist.  I think she has tried to sound "right" on the issue while leaving herself an "out."  Defecrats have been giving the Second Amendment lip service since they lost Congress over that issue.

I'm just posting this for general interest.  DeMint is still getting our votes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
DeMint has my vote.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
i just picked up 50 DeMint signs today to put out around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top