Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2007 2:40:47 PM EDT
It looks like my wife and her siblings are going to purchase a home there for her father. He is 72, and it is the house he was born in.

Can you guys enlighten me about the area? I know, I know, it is a bit out of the way.....

jj
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have spent many months down that way working (stayed in the Motor Lodge in Penington Gap, and some Motel in Jonesville).  Very pretty place, it is pretty much a step back in time.  The only thing bad about moving a 72year old there is that medical services are probably lacking, and depending where in Lee county he lives, getting to the grocery store may be hard.

Lee county is by far one of the prettiest places in Virginia.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have spent many months down that way working (stayed in the Motor Lodge in Penington Gap, and some Motel in Jonesville).  Very pretty place, it is pretty much a step back in time.  The only thing bad about moving a 72year old there is that medical services are probably lacking, and depending where in Lee county he lives, getting to the grocery store may be hard.

Lee county is by far one of the prettiest places in Virginia.

He spends much of his time there already. Playing "tonk"(cards?) down at the local General store. He was born there, so I figure he knows the ups and downs.....it is home to him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top