Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:36:39 AM EDT
I'm going to be getting my first AR, since they are out MN I want your comments and opinion on their prodcuts.  Are they good as Bushmaster, Colt, CMT, and Armilite? How is the quality?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Do not own any of their products.

But they have a top notch rep and they are local.

What more do you want!

They are also a large UPS shipper!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
gots 3 of em- no trouble yet
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS has great products. I own a few ARs from DPMS and I've never had any problems with any of them.

Rick
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Greetings,
I have 2 and zero problems, no issues...I'd buy another one this weekend but need other DPMS items instead.. Do not hesitate to pick one up..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the fact they are local, Is their quailty up to par with CMT/Stag Arms?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear good things about DPMS.  If you are looking at supporting local companys you may want to loko at SLR15 also. They are based out of the twin cities area. Id check them out as well!!! Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like the fact they are local, Is their quailty up to par with CMT/Stag Arms?

IMO no............. but, you ask a hundred people and you will get a hundred answers!

The SLR is on par CMT/Stag(a little better as far a quality of parts and manufacture)  It would be best to look at all rifles before you buy and make up your own mind!
Both local manufactures will be at the fun show.hat

Opinions are like A**HOLES everybody got one!        
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I hear good things about DPMS.  If you are looking at supporting local companys you may want to loko at SLR15 also. They are based out of the twin cities area. Id check them out as well!!! Just my 2 cents

They got great reviews from Denny Hansen at SWAT Magazine if you saw it last month.  I'd check it out for a great spanking/schpanking gun!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The only AR15s I own are made by Colt and DPMS, and I am very happy with my DPMS rifles.

If you are looking to buy a DPMS you should check them out at the gun show next weekend. DPMS has very good gun show prices.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a DPMS lower and as far as I can tell, it's great. Of course, the lower doesn't need to do much except hold the thing together....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I've done several builds on DPMS lowers and have never had a problem.  I had to send a Stag lower back for being out of spec.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I went the gun show in Brooklyn Park last Saturday,   My finding on the AR selection  was that the Bushmaster and Armilite had the best build quality.  I saw Olympic Arms AR and it was a POS, the push pins for the upper and lower receiver didn't want to move.  As far as goes DPMS I only saw parts.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#13]
OK ......Here is my DPMS experience.

Bought a DPMS Sweet 16 about 3 or 4 years ago.  It has been a great gun with no problems.  So when I went looking for another AR15 I went back to DPMS.  I ordered a DPMS AP4 with a 1:9 chrome lined barrel through Howard at Gunstop.    From day one it was having major extraction problems. I had three failures to extract in one of  Sully'd classes this summer with it (actually a good learning experience). Long story short....DPMS stood behind their product and fixed it.  I got a level of personal service, from Paul at DelTone where I was doing some shooting, to Chris at the factory, which was unbelievable.  

Yep, I had a problem with one of their products.  Am I going to bash them them for it.  NO.  They took care of the problem and didn't give me any grief at all.  

Are they as good a a Colt???? Maybe....probably not.......I don't know. Others here on this forum can better answer/express their opinion in that regard than I. I just wanted to relay my experience.

BTW For my first builds I bought 2 stripped lowers and LPK's from them at the MWCA gunshows. It is hard to beat $80 for a lower and $40 for a LPK.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Their conference room has one of everthing they make hanging on the wall. I had to hide my excitement while talking to the general manager. The conference chairs are zebra striped. Oh, yeah, their guns are great too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Vulcan Arms makes a really good rifle.  And you would be supporting a local company too!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Vulcan Arms makes a really good rifle.  And you would be supporting a local company too!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:57:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#18]
What will the rifles main reason for use?

That is very important when makeing your pick!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What will the rifles main reason for use?

That is very important when makeing your pick!

The rile is going to be mainly for targeting shooting and shooting critters at friends farm.  I'm lean toward Stag Arm rifle right now,  Since can build one for the price of a complete DMPS.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I've got a DPMS rifle right now (according to the BATF), and I've never had a single problem with it malfunctioning on me yet!    Those in the know, know why!  

Matt, you have your rifle all put together now? You know you have to post pics! It is Thunderdome law:Bust a deal face the wheel(chant) Wheel spins...... almost Gulag but..... lands on TAZER your fate has been chosen!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]
My only DPMS product is a lower parts kit, but the only reason for that is I build my rifles, and they didn't make the other specific components that I needed when I was building them.  I'm very happy with the quality of their parts.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Is this a joke cause I'm not picking it up?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this a joke cause I'm not picking it up?  

What do you think?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I do not see any joke in this at all Vulcan/Hesse is Battle tested and combat proven!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not see any joke in this at all Vulcan/Hesse is Battle tested and combat proven!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#27]
By Special Forces no less.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
By Special Forces no less.

They're really special.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top