Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:42:25 PM EDT
What the topic says.

They've sent me a LOT of mail, indicating that they seem to want me as a student (but then again, so has Princeton, and no way in hell I could get into Princeton for undergrad as a freshman), and given their requirements (2.0 GPA, ~970 SAT (old), Math 111 & English 111 equivalent, where I have 2.75, ~1380 (old), AP Calc AB, and IB Eng. II SL), I could probably get in, and Charleston is a beautiful city.

However, they seem to only offer art as a minor, and they don't seem to offer physics at all (two very disparate majors, I know, but those are what I'm trying to decide between). It seems to be more of a music/nursing college than anything else.

Any information on this college?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Dreadful, prison looking, suitcase, bible beater school.  Atleast that was my impression when we visited to play them in football.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Serious? Wow, I guess I know why they seem so desperate to have students
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
College of Charleston on the other hand is one of the finest in the South.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Problem is, C of C has about a 3.3-3.7 average GPA attending, and I have something along the lines of a 2.8. Sure, their average out-of-state SAT is something like 1200 (old scale), and I have a 1390 (old scale,  2010 new scale), and I'm under a pretty hefty IB/AP course load, but I don't think they'll want me.

I'll still apply, but I think that's a reach-school for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't be caught dead at Charleston Southern....I guess going to church is required, guys are not allowed in girls dorm halls & nor girls in guys....no drinking or coming on campus drunk, etc....basically a bible thumper school
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top