Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2007 12:38:39 PM EDT
At least CNN seems to be giving near equal voice lately...

The COLD link:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Word.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
He hit the nail on the head!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get a load of what that POS Plate said in the article in response titled "lets lay down right to bear arms"

Truely pathetic!

oh, and Ted was right
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:19:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn that is good stuff.  They have the opposing viewpoint as well, it's laughable

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/commentary.plate/index.html
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Tom Plate - Editor LA Times:
Last month, I was robbed at 10 in the evening in the alley behind my home. As I was carrying groceries inside, a man with a gun approached me where my car was parked. The gun he carried featured one of those red-dot laser beams, which he pointed right at my head.

Because I'm anything but a James Bond type, I quickly complied with all of his requests. Perhaps because of my rapid response (it is called surrender), he chose not to shoot me; but he just as easily could have. What was to stop him?

This occurred in Beverly Hills, a low-crime area dotted with upscale boutiques, restaurants and businesses -- a city best known perhaps for its glamour and celebrity sightings.

Oh, and police tell me the armed robber definitely was not Korean. Not that I would have known one way or the other: Basically the only thing I saw or can remember was the gun, with the red dot, pointed right at my head.

Odd - Tom seems to lack the instinct of Self Defense.  (Surrender Monkey)
Who in that situation wouldn't want to have the means to protect themselves?  

Oh- and his diversion of race - I guess when you have no data to focus your arguments - you go with emotion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top