Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/20/2007 12:38:39 PM EDT
At least CNN seems to be giving near equal voice lately...

The COLD link:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:36:57 PM EDT
Word.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:05:39 PM EDT
He hit the nail on the head!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:32:28 PM EDT
Did you get a load of what that POS Plate said in the article in response titled "lets lay down right to bear arms"

Truely pathetic!

oh, and Ted was right
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:19:40 AM EDT
Damn that is good stuff. They have the opposing viewpoint as well, it's laughable

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/commentary.plate/index.html
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:04:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2007 10:05:24 AM EDT by double_trouble_2003]

Originally Posted By Tom Plate - Editor LA Times:
Last month, I was robbed at 10 in the evening in the alley behind my home. As I was carrying groceries inside, a man with a gun approached me where my car was parked. The gun he carried featured one of those red-dot laser beams, which he pointed right at my head.

Because I'm anything but a James Bond type, I quickly complied with all of his requests. Perhaps because of my rapid response (it is called surrender), he chose not to shoot me; but he just as easily could have. What was to stop him?

This occurred in Beverly Hills, a low-crime area dotted with upscale boutiques, restaurants and businesses -- a city best known perhaps for its glamour and celebrity sightings.

Oh, and police tell me the armed robber definitely was not Korean. Not that I would have known one way or the other: Basically the only thing I saw or can remember was the gun, with the red dot, pointed right at my head.

Odd - Tom seems to lack the instinct of Self Defense. (Surrender Monkey)
Who in that situation wouldn't want to have the means to protect themselves?

Oh- and his diversion of race - I guess when you have no data to focus your arguments - you go with emotion.
Top Top