Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:54:30 PM EDT
I bought my wife a PT145 Millenium a year and a half ago. We went shooting on the 23rd of Dec. and after about 20 to 30 rounds it no longer went bang. Hell it wouldn't even go click. Something didn't feel right with the trigger. So when we got home I took it apart, that was a bitch getting the slide to come off. I found that the trigger had broken at the pivot pin. I called Taurus when they reopened on the 27th and the woudn't even send me a new trigger. They told me I would have to send them the gun, postage paid of course, so they can do the repairs. I did some checking and this is what I found out.

I have no idea what her round count is on the gun is, but it is some where between 500 and 1000.

I know most of you all have some pretty good quality guns but if you know someone who has a Millenium series pistol you might want to let them know about this situation. This WAS my wifes carry gun, but as of last week she is now carrying a Glock. After I get it fixed it's BYE BYE.

Just some FYI.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You won't regret the change to the G19.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a PT111 that I bought for my first carry gun.  Got rid of it after a few months.  There wasnt anything wrong with it at the time but the trigger pull was awful and it felt like the plastic trigger was going to break.  At the time I was shooting with a friend that had a G19 and the trigger on that was soooooo much better (not to mention it was a whole lot more accurate).  I ended up getting a 1911 to replace the Taurus.  Went to the range with my friend over the holidays (its been almost two years since we shot together) and he has his G19 for sale (in TN) so I held that thing just for old times sake.  Thats not for me anymore.  Just had my hands on 1911's too long I guess.  His was a Gen II.  It's been through the ringer.  That is for sure and never a hiccup.

I had also heard lots of horror stories about the Milleniums and saw pictures of the .45 version that had blown up(I have heard there are more problems with the 145's).  I noticed the polymer was wearing on mine pretty fast also, and only about 500 rounds through it.  I will never buy another Taurus because of it.  I did come very close to getting one of the M85 (hammerless 38 spl) for carry.  I have a friend that says its the best carry piece.  I just couldn't bring myself to buy one.  Maybe one day.

ETA:  Sell it to some poor unfortunate soul that doesn't know any better.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Swapped my wife's PT111 to a G19 also. The PT111 was too difficult to disassemble/reassemble.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the "PT145 Millenium PRO " any better?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Taurus has a lifetime warrantee on their pistols?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is the "PT145 Millenium PRO " any better?

The Millenium PRO series are an improved design.  If you get one, be sure any mags you get for it is for the PRO series.  I have a Millenium PT-111 with over 1000 rounds through it.  No problems with it so far and its pretty accurate for a subcompact.  And it eats up Wolf ammo like candy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a little beef I have:

Why do people want to buy a cheap carry gun????

When you go skydiving do you ask the guy for the cheap parachute?

I know, lets go bungee jumping and then ask, "Do you have any discounted bungee cord"

Come on people, this is a tool you're trusting your life with.  Of all the things you could save money on, THIS  is not the one to do it with.  Invest in a personal defense tool that you know will work when it needs to.  Buy quality.

...end rant.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep.  Life time...transfers with the gun.  

I've carried a PT99AF and they have always given me good service.  

It has nothing to do with buying cheap.  I shoot lefty and the Taurus has an ambi frame mounted safety...unlike the Beretta.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the "Heads up" I was just about to go the Taurus way until saw this.

Some customer service!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Interesting.  Thanks for the info, Chris.

What model Glock?  I agree with chainshaw that everyone should own a G19.  Great little blaster.

I felt so outnumbered after Mike B's class, that i started thinking about getting a Glock in 9 mm... then I started thinking that I should get another Sig 229... and then I thought (in true arfcom fashion) maybe i should get both.  

Maybe I'll sell my trusty old Ruger P95DC  to partially fund the purchase of a 9 mm glock (w/ night sights of course).  

So many choices, so little money.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Interesting.  Thanks for the info, Chris.

What model Glock?  I agree with chainshaw that everyone should own a G19.  Great little blaster.

I felt so outnumbered after Mike B's class, that i started thinking about getting a Glock in 9 mm... then I started thinking that I should get another Sig 229... and then I thought (in true arfcom fashion) maybe i should get both.  

Maybe I'll sell my trusty old Ruger P95DC  to partially fund the purchase of a 9 mm glock (w/ night sights of course).  

So many choices, so little money.  

I am starting to feel like a Glock 19 is obligatory to own like a 1911 and an AR15. You will not regret a G19, in fact, it will become your closest friend for CCW.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:40:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Chainshaw,

I couldnt agree with you more.  I've tried lots of other things.  Small S&W's, Sigs, 1911, even a little .380 (which I dont normaly admit to carrying at one point in time).  G19 is by far the best thing to have to carry around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top