Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 7:02:35 AM EDT
Guidelines...not RULES, but we'd like to use the pit again someday.

-Be willing to pack out whatever you brought in to shoot.
-Glass makes a mess, TVs and monitors make a bigger mess.  Unless you are willing to pick up EVERY piece of glass an plastic, don't bring it.  (read: Don't bring it)
-Steel is fun, any kind of steel
-Furniture, Refrigerators, Ovens, and the like, are not so much fun.
-Bring tarps to catch brass
-Tannerite = good.  Tannerite + metal = bad.

We try our best to make the pit look like we were never there.  Please help.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Tires make great target stands.  Cut two holes in them and put furring strips into them to staple cardboard and/or targets to.

Since my crappy little Toyota Corolla can only carry two of these things, it brought me to wondering...

What's the road into the pit like anyways?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tires make great target stands.  Cut two holes in them and put furring strips into them to staple cardboard and/or targets to.

Since my crappy little Toyota Corolla can only carry two of these things, it brought me to wondering...

Largemarge's Honda Civic made it in with no problem.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
There is only one target.

Yes, the bolder.

The bolder will fall!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is only one target.

Yes, the bolder.

The bolder will fall!

Within limits on the boulder, since there is a road behind it. Keep aware with a listen check before firing at it, to be sure no one is driving down the hill.

Oh cripes, there goes Mister Safety!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Im kinda glad he said it...

Him not saying anything would be like giving a retard a fork to stab themselves in the heart with all day...

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Him not saying anything would be like giving a retard a fork to stab themselves in the heart with all day...

Here ya go...

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here ya go...

mentalfloss.com/images/facts/sprk.jpg

How many times do I have to tell you?!?!?!?

I DONT HAVE A HEART!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Largemarge's Honda Civic made it in with no problem.  

Though it is pretty bumpy and dusty, you should make it with no problem...then again there wasnt mud and stuff when I took my car. Just make sure you are driving in with one of the caravan's if that is still happening. Are there still caravan's happening?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are there still caravan's happening?

I'm sure there are somewhere
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Caravan?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't want to see any more pics of Da_Bunny down range with a mixed bottle of Tannerite on his head.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If my car can make it, I am sure yours can...

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, PCR is helping me drag 4 tires out there as target stands.  I have furring strips and just ask you to bring whatever targets you want stapled up.  I have plenty of cardboard sheets, so target -backing won't be a problem.

Oh yeah, if you want to add to this, ask a tire dealer (like Les Schwab or Discount Tire) for a few tossed-out tires and get some furring strips (1"x2" wood strips) at Lowes or any home improvement center like that.

This is what they look like when they're done, pretty cheap but they work great.

that white stuff on the tire is spraypaint, old habit from setting these things up before dawn.

total cost:

IPSC practice paper target $1.10
used tire $0 (if you get it at a tire center)
two furring strips $2.30 plus tax ($1.15 each)
cardboard $0 (I got mine at a furniture store)
staples $0 (we should have plenty at the shoot)

this is not my ideal set-up, but at least it's not an old television set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top