Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2009 7:09:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to Tanner Gunshow in Denver today just for grins and boy did I get them!!  

Primers:  Some vendors had them (e.g. Dad's)  but $45 to $65 per K!!!!  Talk about your panic buying!!  BTW; Dad's price was $50 K.

Powder:  Some hand some 8 lb kegs but prices were in the $150 range.  Again, panic buying.

Bullets:  Dad's had his usual full complement, Ash had his too but no primers.

ARs:  Lots of vendors and not much interest around their tables (except for Machinegun Tours' table but that was likely because of the very "healthy" young lady in the t-shirt).  They still had decent prices such as $14 for black windowless P-Mags and $16 for the windowed versions.

Fudd Rifles and Stuff:  Pretty much like always

Lever Guns:  Some nice stuff but really  high priced

Auto Pistols:  Same old groups, same high prices

Single Action Pistols:  Slim pickens and high priced.

Overall impression:  Just like it's been for the last few years.  Everyone's way too proud of their stuff to give any decent prices.  Many prices for used were higher than new in box prices elsewhere.  'Caveat emptor' is still the word for the day.  I guess that's why I don't go anymore often than once or twice a year and then only to chuckle at the prices.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
glad you said something costeve.  I was going to head down that way tomorrow just because it is a rare occasion i get to a gun show with my work schedule...but now I am not really too worried about it and will save my $8 to spend at wal-mart for some shotgun shells or something
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Some unique stuff there, that I havent seen before

-Anti-tank rocket launcher (demilled)

-Czech Skorpion in .32acp for $8k!
(but it looked brand freakin new, came in a case with I think 2 or 3 mags)

-Uzis

-M1s and M1as but still at 4 digit prices, even for ones with beat to hell stocks
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread is worthless without pix!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This thread is worthless without pix
!!

No cameras allowed. Trust me, it is worth it to just go

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
(except for Machinegun Tours' table but that was likely because of the very "healthy" young lady in the t-shirt).  

Yea, but were are the MOE handguards?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I'll see her you in the Springs the next show you're here!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top