Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 9:04:14 AM EDT
Was just wondering if anyone was going to the gun show this weekend?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Time/location?  Size?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Denver Merchandise Mart
9-5 Sat
9-4 Sun

I would guess it has about 200 tables.

I have to miss it this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never been to Tanner but I hear that it is bigger than crossroads.  Now if they have lower prices as well then I will be happy.  Stuff at crossroads was way over priced.  Didn't find a good price on an AR-10 but stocked up on mags for a few of my hand/long guns.  Hope I actually can find some deals at Tanner.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill be manning a dealers table there this weekend......  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO, Crossroads is better for ammo because Miniwall comes. There are still deals, but mainly on reloaded ammo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm going to try to go sat
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
See ya saturday morning.....
where are the ""dealers table"" Ineedhelp???
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#8]
A case of WOLF 1000 rnds is cheaper at Sportsmans warehouse than at the show......
$154 at Sportmans vs 180 to 210 at the show...
Not many bargains......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I was the dude wearing the sunglasses at   the ak47-man.com table.

Sold guns left and right, it was fun!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a pretty good time this morning. It seemed like your typical medium-sized show - not huge, but plenty of tables to keep you interested for a couple hours. I picked up a very lightly used Sig P226 w/rail in .40 S&W for $550 - I've always wanted a pistol in .40 to try out, and I couldn't pass on that deal. It was part of a collection the dealer had bought up, and the only wear I can find on it is a little on the top of the barrel and on the side of the... breach(?) where the slide rubs. The magazines seem to be brand new with almost no wear, so I don't think the previous owner fired more than 50 or 100 rounds through it. It looks almost like the new P226 I bought in 9mm a year ago. Almost found two used Sig P228 13rd magazines for $15 each - a little wear, but certainly not beat up. A lot better deal than the new ones the guy across the aisle was asking $43.95 for! I'm obviously pretty happy with my purchases...

A few other observations:

It took almost 2 hours for the dealer to process my paperwork over the phone. It took about 45 minutes for him to get through, then another 45 minutes to process the guy ahead of me (who had a very common last name), then a few more minutes for mine. What a pain. It took so long that I didn't feel like looking around anymore by the time I got done. I guess the ATF gets backed up on Saturdays with gun shows all over the country or something.

I couldn't believe how high the prices were for a lot of factory normal-capacity magazines. The Glock mags still seemed reasonable, for around $23, but the Sig and H&K mags were going for around $43-$45. A lot of them didn't even look new. I think Specialty Sports sells them for $35, and they're of course cheaper online. Is something going on with people thinking that they're going to get banned again or something? Rifles mags (AR and AK) still seemed reasonable.

I was kind of interested in looking for a World War II production M1911A1, but while I saw lots of M1911s, I couldn't find any A1s. Strange...

Tons of Garands on sale - a lot of rebuilt ones, with new wood. I prefer the original wood, has a lot more character in my opinion, but these rifles looked pretty good. I'll think I'll order another from CMP and get another "real" surplus one.

Lots of Romanian AKs for sale, a few Egyption and Yugos.  The ak47-man.com table had a nice selection.  A couple of Arsenals, but not many.

Not as many ARs as I expected - still a bunch for sale, but a lot more hunting rifles, Garands, 1903 Springfields, Mausers, Enfields, etc.

Lots of Glocks and Sigs for sale, a fair number of HKs, a few Rugers and others, but not many 1911s (mostly Springfield and other "affordable" brands, not many Kimbers or other higher-end models).

Not too much factory ammo for sale, but tons of reloading supplies.

Overall this show seemed a little more oriented towards the sporting / hunting / collecting crowd, with not as much military / law enforcement type gear as I would have liked, but I enjoyed the show. Oh yeah, plenty of jerky for sale!

Hope you guys are having a good weekend,

Dave
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I went yesterday and I agree that this time it had less AR stuff than last.  I didn't see a couple of vendors that I expected such as Castle Rock Tactical.  It figures cause I wanted to look at one of his rear BUIS and maybe a single point bungee sling.

I saw a couple of Z5 Weapon Lights but they wanted $65 and up for them.  I've seen them on the web for $53 so I passed.  They looked fairly large in person and I was wondering, Does anyone have any experience with them as far as brightness, battery life, and durability?  Are they a decent low priced light for general home use or are they junk?

I did find a case of Win SR primers at the table next to AK47.com for a good price and I also bought a keg of some 2230-C powder for under $80 from Dad's so I came out with what I really needed at the show.  These will power some 55grn M-193 pulled bullets I got from Pat's Reloading awhile back and my AR is always happy when it's well fed.

I also noticed that Dave and Jan of Glockparts, LLC weren't there a second time in a row.  I gave him a call and he said that his on-line business is going so strong that he doesn't have time to attend the shows.  Good for them!!  

He told me that he's selling a ton of the new Lone Wolf 3.5# connectors @ $10 ea.  He worked for Glock for years as a Master Armorer (taught the Armorers) and he told me that he talked to JR at Lone Wolf about the connector design and JR assured him that the Lone Wolf connectors would be like the original Glock type.  Those were thinned and Dave swears that JR's are a true 3.5# vs the 4.5# that is common and that they also have a crisper 'break' than Scherers.  Based on Dave's description, I've got 3 coming to me for my G20/21L, G22, & G23.

All in all, while not as big as it has been in the past, I enjoyed cruising the tables on the lookout for deals (few and far apart).
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top