Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 6:32:16 AM EDT
Anyone here from Tallahasee? The range out in in the forest has been closed FOREVER now... Any other ranges in the area? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Tallahassee Rifle and Pistol but you need to be a member. It's located off of Oak Ridge.Map

I believe that you can contact the following about membership.

TallyPSA President Michael Fordyce [email protected] 850-893-8889
Secretary/Treasurer Cheryl Fordyce [email protected] 850-893-8889
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Lockedon,
Let me know if you want to get together and go out there one day. I'll call them next week and get a price on membership. I need some range time. I'll Im you what i find out.

3-7infantry
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
They closed the range out there?  Why?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They closed the range out there?  Why?

APALACHICOLA SHOOTING RANGE

APALACHICOLA SHOOTING RANGE TO CLOSE FOR 60 DAYS

August 8, 2003

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will close the public shooting range in the Apalachicola National Forest on Aug. 11. The range will be closed for approximately 60 days.

According to FWC’s Ed Poppell, assistant hunter education administrator, the agency received funding to complete the second phase of construction.  Work on the range will include construction of an eight-foot concrete wall to separate the rifle and pistol ranges, sidewalks, a pistol range bullet trap and general maintenance.

mat/ois

Link Posted: 9/27/2003 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet, thank you very much!
I'm a college student here and i left during the summer. Before I left, I tried to go to the range, and it was closed...As I went back recently, it was closed again, so I figured that it had been shut down for the past few months...apperently not.
I've called the Tallahasse Rifle and Pistol Club before, and as i remember it, the membership fee was between $300 and $400 per year...I don't think i shoot that much...

3-7INFANTRY, drop me an IM if you want to go shooting sometime once that range reopens.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Lockedon
Where are you a student at? Im going to school at TCC.

I'll give you a shout whenever i narrow something down. Calc and physics have been killing my spare time this semester.

3-7infantry
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys. I'm a member at the Tallahasse Rifle and Pistol club. Let me know if you would like to go check it out and I would meet you out there. Here is a link www.trpc.net/

email me since I do not check here often.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm all up for that. I'll send an email tomorrow.

3-7infantry
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#9]
3-7INFANTRY, LOL I'm a student at TCC as well! I'm low on ammo money at the moment, but we definately ought to go shooting some time.

Thank you very much for the offer Tzyck, an e-mail has been sent.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Lockedon,
Clean out your IM
3-7infantry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top