Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 2:36:05 PM EST
I have been invited to a private hunt area with a reporter with the star and he also writes for FnS mag. I am meeting him in the morning and he is taking me to a place he owns. Is there anything I dont wanna do or need to say or not say? He is a coyote hunter also and will use a 243 and seemed interrested in the ar-15. Could this be bad? Should I take only a 20 rd mag.? There are no restrictions on gun or ammo for yotes here in IN. but i would hate to give a bad impression either intent or unintentially.
Besides practicising perfect firearms handling safety, anything I need to look out for? Thanks and wish me luck, Jerryboy

PS. I think he just wants to copy my style and hunting grace LOL..........
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:16:59 PM EST
Take your ar15. Don't make any apologies for it. Use whatever mags make you happy.

You're doing nothing wrong.

Chances are that he's interested in the rifle and is already on your side.

If it comes up, you might want to point out the banned items and how not having them dosen't change a thing......
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:17:58 PM EST
You don't mention if he is going as a hunter, or as a reporter. Is he going out to write a story on coyote hunting, or because he simply wants to go on an armed hike in the woods?

If he's going as a hunter, relax and enjoy. Otherwise, my 65.098 Iraqi Dinari ($.02 at current exchange rate) would be:

- Talk about how you are sorry to kill the animal but are doing it for a higher cause--conservation, protection of farmer's livestock, etc. DON'T talk about how satisfying it will be to blow the furry bastards away, etc.

- Talk about how your goal is to kill quickly and cleanly, and how your goal is to never wound an animal but be merciful and quick. Talk about how you would pass up a shot rather than risk wounding an animal.

- I'd take no more than a 20-rd mag; a 10rd would be better. Only load 5-10rds in whatever mag you take; othwerwise you'll look like you're trying to fight off the Varmint Cong (apologies to Spackler).

Enjoy, and post pics!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:20:24 PM EST
Better use a BetaC mag.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:25:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:44:10 PM EST
Yes he writes for the outdoor section in The star and FNS and is an avid hunter. Good suggestions by all. I would guess a good reason for an auto rifle is quicker follow up shots/and in the ar case, accuracy. I am sure he is doing this for the good. All comments are welcome. Thx Jerryboy
Top Top