Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 3:42:42 PM EDT
The day started of great. Little 3 yr old Taffy Jnr is overwealmed and has a great morning opening his pressies. Me and Mrs Taffy just enjoy his enjoyment and the morning is perfect.

10.50 Lazy Taffy exits the bath.
11.00 the brother and sister in law turn up with their two kids. Everything going fine.
11.15 Mother and Father Inlaw arrive just as the wife informs me that after I got out of the bath that there was some water appeared under the edge of our decking.
11.20 I say hi and we open pressies from everyone...then I go to investigate.

Our drains are backed upto the house.
I scrounge rods from a neighbour and begin removing the 2 drain covers
Both full to the top
Toilets cant be flushed and the dishes from dinner cant be washed...drains are solid.
I rodded for a few hours in denial that I had to remove all the "chunky" stuff to clear the system.
Rake in hand I removed the "chunks" mainly Kandoo crap the wife uses for Taffy jnr
I start to blame her...growling that she stuffed all this stuff down the crapper.
Meanwhile brother in law and family leave to go home for Christmas dinner
Mrs Taffy/Taffy Jnr and Mother/Father in law tuck into a nice Turkey roast dinner
Taffy is upto his arms in "shit" rodding...raking more rodding more raking....untill everything is clear my side of the system...the flow onto the next property is very slow but it's moving.
all our drains are now clear. ( I did phone poxy insurance co.....covers damage but not blockages...I asked ok then what if I go damage it, will you then fix it.?.....na .."deliberate damage by someone authorised to be on the property" was not covered.)

4pm I finished as it was getting dark, my back is "fucked" and I've been laid up since. I could not face a microwaved christmas dinner as even after a shower I could still smell and taste the drains.....

Me and her were frosty...I was knackered
Day was a shambles

Taffy

Jnr Had a good day so all was not lost.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry to hear about your not so great christmas.

My sister (in Lancashire) invited the family round for chrimbo lunch, bad mistake. She started cooking the turkey and her oven packed in, so she had to run backward's and forward's between her house and a nieghbour's house to cook the lunch.

I know that this don't even rate on the same scale as your mishap, just trying to help put a back on your face.

Tony

PS. XMAS is for children & christian's only. The main thing is that they get all the gucci pressy's and have a great day. I got my 5 year old lad a RC Tank.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
aaaaah..........shit!

Ooops, was that a bad turn of phrase?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm just getting over it....ate a little this evening.

I've a large "pile" of "STUFF" to find a home for over the next few days.

The "Binmen" may have a surprise waiting for them....

I've fitted my new powerpack for my pc from Santa and my cordless mouse works a treat
Things can only get better
I just hope Mrs Taffy is talking to me tomorrow

Taffy
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Some people don't have a mrs anymore, count yourself lucky!!

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Bloody hell Taffy, not a pleasant day at all, but if it makes you feel better my family had there anual war last night, we were supposed to go round to my sisters for a nice quiet drink, lots of nice food free beer, sounds like a dream, but it wasnt long before the kids were playing up , fighting like the little bastards they are ( i dont have kids so i was watching from the side lines ). so drunk brother, and drunk sister both think it couldnt be there kids and before you know it the house is thurned into a record breaking attempt at beating the loudest noise to be crammed into a house.

After 10mins of this i bailed out and went home, brother and sister still not talking and my brothers car keys are at my sisters !!

I'm back here on my computer keeping the hell out of it, they'll be talking againg soon, so we can start again next year

Dont ya just love families

Steve
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

BTW, that FREEPOST address for LACS is still running
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm avoiding thinking about drains until the New Year!

My houseful have been hammering the new bog all weekend and I now notice a "smell" in the yard..................

........ I will not be investigating until next week!

15 people in here on Boxing Day, running at 12 flushes per hour (yes, I counted ) ,,,,,,,

Dave

(the concerned)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My houseful have been hammering the new bog all weekend and I now notice a "smell" in the yard..................

15 people in here on Boxing Day, running at 12 flushes per hour (yes, I counted ) ,,,,,,,

Dave

(the concerned)

Didn't you get any 'toys' to play with to take your mind off the drains?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
aaaaah..........shit!

Ooops, was that a bad turn of phrase?

Exactly what I was thinking. Shite

So Taffy, did ye find any CORN
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave

(the concerned)

Didn't you get any 'toys' to play with to take your mind off the drains?

Yep!  A new Lyman tumbler, but was not allowed to play with it as "we had guests"!

0619 now, can't sleep....... got used to kids wandering about and dogs barking over the last couple of days........... work in a couple of hours and God knows what is waiting for me there? Found a body behind a door last year.......

Anyhoo, to those going to Minsterley for the Winter warmer tomorrow, enjoy yourselves.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Whatever you do...

Don't Post Pics!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Whatever you do...

Don't Post Pics!

You know what

...I had a ARFCom moment and "DID" consider pics for the forum.

A sorta "how to" unblock your drains

But decided against it for the children

Drains still clear today...I'm checking them daily just to be sure

I've also got some "chunky" Display fireworks left over for new year that i'd considered for "tactical drain clearance"

The wife almost fainted when I mentioned it in jest.

Taffy
The poo and paper removal surgeon
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't tempt me...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't tempt me...

Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't tempt me...

Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It! Do It!

Gigglesmith
On a legal basis I could send bricks all day long with no consequence at all to me but if the "Mother load" from my drains was to be delivered by post and I was traced. I'd be in for some "more SHIT" from the "man"

Taffy

Without starting a new thread about my missfortune I'd just like to add, I've only shot once in the last 5 months as my back is proving more of a problem. I'm due an opp in the next 8 weeks and when i'm done (5-6 months recovery) I wanna come see you guys and do some shooting with you all. So be prepared for a fat large guy who's back is ok but still cannot shoot for shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top