Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:02:03 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience in dealing with Tactical Solutions?

When I received my .22LR can a few weeks back, I did two things, I went out and bought a Buckmark (since none of the .22LR pistols I own has easily threadable barrels), and called Tac. Sol. to buy a threaded barrel for it.

When I placed the order, she told me that there was a two to three week delay because they had none in stock, and the next batch was in manufacturing.

Well, that was about three weeks ago.

I called today and the same woman told me -- they are still in anodizing.
So I asked how long. She didn't want to say. So I pushed. She still didn't want to say.
So I asked for a random guess - still no response.
So I said "A month?" -- "No she said, it shoudn't be that long. Maybe two to three weeks".

Hmm...

Is this normal with them???
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:51:00 PM EDT
I haven't personally dealt with them but I have spoke to others about it and your experience seems typical. Something to be said about a stocking distributor and paying a bit more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:55:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By munkalido:
I haven't personally dealt with them but I have spoke to others about it and your experience seems typical. Something to be said about a stocking distributor and paying a bit more.

I spoke with them this monring and the guy said that the threaded barrel trail lite is their best seller and they cant keep up with the demand. I am looking for one as well but have had zero luck finding any.

CH

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:57:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

I spoke with them this monring and the guy said that the threaded barrel trail lite is their best seller and they cant keep up with the demand. I am looking for one as well but have had zero luck finding any.

CH

Find me one too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:58:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:

CH

Find me one too.

group buy, group buy, group buy............
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:59:47 PM EDT
IF ANYONE finds a dealer please pass on the contact info.

I will do the same!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 1:20:50 PM EDT by WS4LIF]
My Buckmark is already threaded........suckas!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:33:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:

img134.imageshack.us/img134/8746/suppressedbuckmark6tw.jpg

Word
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:36:48 PM EDT

Yeah.... it was tempting, but I had read so many people claiming that the accuracy of the TS barrels was wonderful ... and of course it is MUCH lighter than the cast iron clunker that it comes with.

As far as distributors go -- you look at the list on their website and there seem to be lots -- then you start talking to some of the "distributors", and they don't know that they are distributors!

Looks like they just pulled some gun-dealer names out of a hat and decided to list them as distributors.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:45:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PhilipPeake:

Yeah.... it was tempting, but I had read so many people claiming that the accuracy of the TS barrels was wonderful ... and of course it is MUCH lighter than the cast iron clunker that it comes with.

As far as distributors go -- you look at the list on their website and there seem to be lots -- then you start talking to some of the "distributors", and they don't know that they are distributors!

Looks like they just pulled some gun-dealer names out of a hat and decided to list them as distributors.

That is exactly what they did. But who can blame them. They have a good product in high demand. If they listed our shope I would be upset at all. Sthat may bring a few customers thru the door.

I have thought about buying one of the regular trail lite barrels and extra thread protector and having it done by TROS or somtbody else.

We will see... the hunt continues!
CH
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:47:20 PM EDT

At least take your OWN picture and not use mine. That's not even your can...ass!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:48:20 PM EDT
It's my CAN you liar! I just blocked out the serial numbers!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:51:41 PM EDT

At least take your OWN picture and not use mine. That's not even your can...ass!

What did TROS charge you to thread the barrel and move the sight back?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:09:21 PM EDT

It's fuzzy, but basically $90-$100 I think. $90 to thread, $10 to move sight. I think.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:46:25 PM EDT

Mine is cooler.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:51:56 PM EDT
NoAim....I think that he has the can on backwards.....

(sorry, but I couldn't resist!)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:24:54 PM EDT

It's fuzzy, but basically $90-$100 I think. $90 to thread, $10 to move sight. I think.

Damm. I wonder what Phoenix Armory would charge.
Top Top